Sign in to follow this  
Hardhouse44

Is Hughton personality big enough?

Having just witness the sacking of a manager who''s "personality" for want of a better word was just to big.

I wonder is Mr Huhgtons just not big enough.

He struggles in interview to show any passion. Always playing up the opposition and down the little old canaries.

Now we are lead to believe that his own choice of penalty taker was overruled by a strong willed player who thought he knew best.

Does he lack the strength of character to run a group of very wealthy young men.

Timid would sum up what I see in Hughton. Almost the anti Di Canio

So with that logic Di Canio must have been a pussycat in the dressing room.

Good managers show passion when required in the right amounts and at the right time.

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]Having just witness the sacking of a manager who''s "personality" for want of a better word was just to big.

I wonder is Mr Huhgtons just not big enough.

He struggles in interview to show any passion. Always playing up the opposition and down the little old canaries.

Now we are lead to believe that his own choice of penalty taker was overruled by a strong willed player who thought he knew best.

Does he lack the strength of character to run a group of very wealthy young men.

Timid would sum up what I see in Hughton. Almost the anti Di Canio[/quote]

My view is the same as yours. Ironically, the man who would attract the players and be a big enough personality is the manager of the club that we are playing tonight. I hope McNally takes him aside as he did Lambert after an infamous defeat.  

Agreed but when you see his perceived inferiority complex during interviews then borne out by his tactics then you wonder about what the message is to the players. For example, if you think the opposition is to strong and has too much quality and are quite explicit about that fact then what will the players mental state be? At the minute, it looks to me as if the players are labouring with a lack of belief which is a complete transformation on the previous incumbent.

crabbycanary wrote the following post at 2013-09-24 10:54 AM:

What managers show in press conferences and what they show in the dressing room or at training are poles apart. That is a well known footballing fact

In his own admission Hughton did not enter the dressing room after the game - he stated he would speak to the players (re the penalty balls up) on Sunday. So he doesn''t show anything in the dressing room! He is totally weak at man management, a matter endorsed by Llambias previous CE if Newcadtle.

I think there is definitely something in this. The players look nervous and panicked, it reminds me a little of England in the World Cup 2010, tense and fearful. There is obviously little fluidity at the moment and too much caution, it is almost as though they  have been told not to make any silly mistakes, it results in a sterile approach which in itself breeds nerves. Slow and pedestrian is the result. The previous manager engendered a sense of belief in our team, the incumbent breeds belief in the opposition. When it gets to onfield spats it is not looking good.

roy hodgson is known to really lose it  in dressing rooms if he isnt happy yet very calm to media !

i know at norwich some of the mangerment team (ch or cc ) last season were shouting and swearing so much you could hear it in the corridor outside dressing room !

[quote user="crabbycanary"]Like you said, at the right time.

Di Canio? Are you holding him up as an example of what makes a good manager in your eyes?[/quote]

Not at all. I think you''re missing to point. It''s the extremes that I am trying to highlight. We all accept that Di Canio''s approach is to forthright.

Is Hughton''s approach to understated, timid and unassuming?

I''m left feeling totally underwhelmed by Saturdays performance. Our in game tactics as the afternoon went on and our response as a club ( from our manager) (our leader) after the game.

[quote user="Hardhouse44"] Now we are lead to believe that his own choice of penalty taker was overruled by a strong willed player who thought he knew best.  Timid would sum up what I see in Hughton. Almost the anti Di Canio[/quote]

If the man you designate gets over-ruled on the pitch by another player there is something wrong.

Why wasn''t he shouting his head off to let them know who was taking it. This should have been sorted long before kick off, he''s the manager FFS.