Sign in to follow this  
NCFC for life 1993-

Does anybody on here want us to lose to Watford?

Im thinking some fans on here want us to lose tomorrow,if we lose tomorrow night Hughton can''t stay in the job any longer surely and we may well get the sacking many of us including myself want.

If we win though Hughton might say ''we have turned a corner'' and that might give him another week at least in the job. A win tomorrow would just paper over the cracks for a few days till we play stoke. It would be more of a shock if we beat Watford then them beating us!

Hell no, just been reading some Watford forums and you would think we are the lower league team going by their comments, hope we stuff them.

if you want us to lose for whatever reason, I don''t see how you can call yourself a fan.

p.s - mcnally said he doesn''t really expect a cup any time soon, so even if we did lose, which we won''t, then hughton won''t get the sack.

[quote user="splutcho"]I never want Norwich to lose in any circumstance. If you do, you are not a fan, you are a disgrace.[/quote] my thoughts entirely. How could you ever want Norwich to lose and be a fan?

I can once recall hoping we would lose. It was when we played Wolves, with nothing to play for, and if Wolves won the Binners couldn''t get into the playoffs. Or something like that anyway. I think Wolves won 3 nil and most of the Barclay were cheering.

As for tuesday night of course I don''t hope we lose. I hope we win every game. But it doesn''t mean I think we will. And, for the record, we will lose against Stoke.  

Well I hope we lose every game until the end of the season. That''ll teach us. Fancy not winning every game, if we can''t win, I hope we lose. I hope we lose by 6 goals at least the manager gets sacked and we replace him with Poyet/Di Matteo/Ex Player/Random Foreigner. If he starts with a win he might be ok, if not, after 5/10/15 games I''ll start hoping we lose again to get rid of this person who isn''t Paul Lambert.

Or you could grow up and show a bit of pride and class. I still remember the people in the Barclay who cheered QPR goals, it doesn''t matter how loud they sing now or how "die hard" they might think they are, I Know what they did.

I can''t even relate to the notion, but it''s this kind of "now isn''t soon enough" attitude that the Premier League has created. Wanting your team to lose is akin to the spoiled brat throwing a game because he is losing. Pathetic.

Yes, some morons like Wiz will.

If we do lose and put on a no show, get outplayed / beaten by a few.  There''d be massive pressure on Stoke away, for us to at least put on a performance.  Not forgetting 3 of our next 4 are Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City. 

I know it''s early in the season, but if we lose to Stoke, given our next 4 fixtures, Cardiff would definitely be a must win.

No matter what you think of Hughton, to want us to lose is idiotic.  It''s the League Cup, which is the most realistic piece of silverware for teams outside the top 6.

I''d love us to take Watford apart. With Hughton as manager. Then to win the next 3 prem games. The trouble is I think of all the prem teams we are least likely to get 3 wins on the bounce, and that''s not just because of who we''ve got to play.

[quote user="NCFC for life 1993-"]I''m not saying I want us to lose but I just don''t want any victory to be perceived as us Turning a corner. Didn''t gunn get sacked after the cup game against Yeovil which we won?!!![/quote]

So basically what you are saying is that you only have one agenda and that is the sacking of Hughton.

If he wins a game it doesn''t matter. You just want him sacked.

Pfft. Talk about ridiculous. He wins a game and it will be put down to luck, to fluke, to a player revolt or simply us not being better. We won''t have turned a corner we are just as poor.

We win two games. Same as above.

How many wins would it take you to change your opinion?

JDT aside, can someone come right out and say why they would want us to lose? Everyone (except the guy wanting Wolves to win) dances around it.

Just say it. You want us to lose so Hughton gets axed. JDT, I''ve never said I want him gone. I want him to use our tools better. I would love a cup run.

But the new fear is has he lost the dressing room. It looks bad but I''d much rather he took hold of the reins and instilled some fear in the players who may be drifting.

I hope he can do both of those. They are not mutually exclusive but they both need doing. Not one or the other.

[quote user="splutcho"]I never want Norwich to lose in any circumstance. If you do, you are not a fan, you are a disgrace.[/quote]
What if you could swap losing to Watford for a win against either Chelsea, Arsenal or ManC?

It''s like that age old argument whether you''d swap PL status for a cup win. Luckily we don''t have to make those choices...