Sign in to follow this  
OxShireCanaryYellow

Ipswich scoreboard slur ....

How did you stumble across this?I can''t remember what game it was, but it was in our playoff season if I remember right.  They lost to Man U and it said Man U 2 Scum 0 or whatever the score was.

Remember it well, it was Burnley at home in 2001, think we won 2-1. Back then the scoreboard would show latest scores from other matches during the game rather than just half/full time so during the first half it flashed up Man Utd 1 Scum 0 to much amusement. Scoreboard operator got sacked I think!

Think it was towards the end of that season they stopped flashing up scores during the game as we were chasing the play-offs and they didn''t want the players/crowd to get distracted by what other teams were doing.

I liked this bit....."Town have received apologies from Norwich, but reports this afternoon

claim that Ipswich have become increasingly annoyed at comments made by

Delia Smith. The TV cook recently took a pop at Town, something which

has not been appreciated at Portman Road."Yet people still accuse her of being a binner. [:S]

[quote user="lappinitup"]I liked this bit....."Town have received apologies from Norwich, but reports this afternoon

claim that Ipswich have become increasingly annoyed at comments made by

Delia Smith. The TV cook recently took a pop at Town, something which

has not been appreciated at Portman Road."Yet people still accuse her of being a binner. [:S][/quote]

It''s like Wayne Rooney Kissing his Everton Badge before signing for Man Yoo.....