Sign in to follow this  
NCFC for life 1993-

Stop saying we deserve more!

I''ve seen us play worse that Saturday. We could have scored 3or4. If we did, I bet you wouldn''t even be here.

you get what you deserve. whether we did deserve more is irrelevant, we couldn''t put the ball in the net, they could and the most important statistic of saturdays game was the scoreline.

If you can''t put the ball in the net then you don''t deserve to win, that''s the bottom line.

Exactly Ginja, we had our chances and failed to take them. It was a deserved loss, it''s hardly like the ref cheated us out of it or something. We weren''t outplayed but we weren''t ruthless enough. Really, we should have had RVW take and score the penalty, he then should have scored that ''chest/header'' and then Hooper should have scored late on. Villa probably should have scored when they hit the post so if the strikers had been on form, it would have been 3-2 us but the fact is they weren''t.

[quote user="Nicko"]I''ve seen us play worse that Saturday. We could have scored 3or4. If we did, I bet you wouldn''t even be here.[/quote]

According to the BBC website we only had one shot on target (although that may be questionable). If that was the case the chance of us scoring 3 or 4 is very slim. We got what we deserved, nothing.

A shot on target doesn''t necessarily mean a chance to score. If you do, that''s a bit narrow-minded.

What comes to mind is the penalty, the RVW chance when he was running on to a cross by Snodgrass and the Hooper chance at the death.

3 chances - 3 goals. Unfortunately we couldn''t finish in a brothel.

Only saw the MOTD coverage, but it looked like we were the better team based on that.

Keeper had a blinder.

Villa have turned into a real bogy team team sine that tw4t went there.

[quote user="clarkey1972"]Only saw the MOTD coverage, but it looked like we were the better team based on that.

Keeper had a blinder.

Villa have turned into a real bogy team team sine that tw4t went there.[/quote]Uhhhhh? The keeper only had to make about two saves, one being a weak penalty.  Not difficult then to play a blinder. The fact is that we did not create enough as usual and that is down to team set-up/strategy.

Game saving saves, hence why he was voted keeper of the weekend.

As someone pointed out, we created enough chances to win the game, Wolfswinkel chesting over from about 2 yards is one of them (Didn''t show that on match of the day strangely)

[quote user="Wazzy van Donkeydangler"]

[quote user="Nicko"]I''ve seen us play worse that Saturday. We could have scored 3or4. If we did, I bet you wouldn''t even be here.[/quote]

According to the BBC website we only had one shot on target (although that may be questionable). If that was the case the chance of us scoring 3 or 4 is very slim. We got what we deserved, nothing.

[/quote]

they clearly weren''t at the game...

the penalty, Hoopers Effort and one more that i can recall...