Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

The picture of Wolfy and Snoddy

paul moy wrote the following post at 24/09/2013 10:12 AM:

"Webbo118 wrote:

Kangaroo Court wrote:

It''s worrying that there was so much fighting, disharmony and ill-discipline in the team, with Snoddy stealing the ball from RvW and Pilkington having a go at Garido. WTF is going on?

It''s called pathetically weak leadership

My view is that McNally wanted a guy he could handle as he was having difficulties with the strong personality and drive of Lambert, so he hired Hughton. Hughton will never give proper leadership so must go. There is no point in waiting !!!! "

The penalty incident (the subject of this discussion) had nothing to do with weak management.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]paul moy wrote the following post at 24/09/2013 10:12 AM:

"Webbo118 wrote:

Kangaroo Court wrote:

It''s worrying that there was so much fighting, disharmony and ill-discipline in the team, with Snoddy stealing the ball from RvW and Pilkington having a go at Garido. WTF is going on?

It''s called pathetically weak leadership

My view is that McNally wanted a guy he could handle as he was having difficulties with the strong personality and drive of Lambert, so he hired Hughton. Hughton will never give proper leadership so must go. There is no point in waiting !!!! "

The penalty incident (the subject of this discussion) had nothing to do with weak management.[/quote]

Errrr.... I think it did !!! 

[quote user="crabbycanary"]Agree with Ray and TGMD[/quote]

Also agree.

I''ve written elsewhere that I wouldn''t be surprised if Mr Snodgrass was "offered the opportunity of plying his trade nearer to roots" during one of the next 2 transfer windows. It appears that since he has become a "regular" in the mighty Scottish national team, he has become rather full of himself.

As for Hughton "owning" the dressing room, I think that anyone who tries to usurp his authority will get short shrift. Grant Holt was obviously able to keep RS in check last season. However, his comments regarding the way CH wanted him to play could have perculated throughout the dressing room. CH''s response was to "regretfully allow GH to move closer to his home and family". Very civilised and gave GH a level of dignity by appearing to allow him to move - a respectful outcome - but the message to the dressing room very loud and clear.

[quote user="ABC A Basingstoke Canary"]

Also agree.

I''ve written elsewhere that I wouldn''t be surprised if Mr Snodgrass was "offered the opportunity of plying his trade nearer to roots" during one of the next 2 transfer windows. It appears that since he has become a "regular" in the mighty Scottish national team, he has become rather full of himself.

As for Hughton "owning" the dressing room, I think that anyone who tries to usurp his authority will get short shrift. Grant Holt was obviously able to keep RS in check last season. However, his comments regarding the way CH wanted him to play could have perculated throughout the dressing room. CH''s response was to "regretfully allow GH to move closer to his home and family". Very civilised and gave GH a level of dignity by appearing to allow him to move - a respectful outcome - but the message to the dressing room very loud and clear.

[/quote]Yup, it was ''Don''t worry if  I discard our talisman, best leader and penalty-taker''. We''ll be ok. 

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Joanna Grey"]paul moy wrote the following post at 24/09/2013 10:12 AM: "Webbo118 wrote: Kangaroo Court wrote: It''s worrying that there was so much fighting, disharmony and ill-discipline in the team, with Snoddy stealing the ball from RvW and Pilkington having a go at Garido. WTF is going on? It''s called pathetically weak leadership My view is that McNally wanted a guy he could handle as he was having difficulties with the strong personality and drive of Lambert, so he hired Hughton. Hughton will never give proper leadership so must go. There is no point in waiting !!!! " The penalty incident (the subject of this discussion) had nothing to do with weak management.[/quote]

Errrr.... I think it did !!! 
[/quote]

I can''t imagine anyone in one of Brian Clough''s teams snatching the ball off the preferred penalty taker! Unless RVW isn''t Hughton''s preferred penalty taker - which would still represent weak management due to the lack of clarity...

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="ABC A Basingstoke Canary"]

Also agree.

[/quote]

Yup, it was ''Don''t worry if  I discard our talisman, best leader and penalty-taker''. We''ll be ok. 
[/quote]

Talk about living in the past!

GH either wouldn''t or couldn''t adapt to the way the manager wanted him to play. GH was still stuck in the PL way of playing and didn''t like the changes. And, before you seize on the opening I gave you, if AV hadn''t signed Benteke, then they would have been relegated. PL owes Benteke for both his and AV''s survival - the gung-ho brand of football is just not sustainable.

BTW - I haven''t seen the full extent of GH''s influence at Wigan - how many goals has he scored there?

"the gung-ho brand of football is just not sustainable".

Aren''t Villa ahead of us in the table (and likely to stay so)?

No need for a caption competition - my friend sits in the lower Barclay and saw Snoddy say to the Wolf "You''re not f ucking taking it

Pretty much what he said to Pilkington wrt the free-kick in the Spurs game. Disrespectful and arrogant.

Really?

I think Snoddy has become a bit too big for his boots. Maybe if he stopped moaning and diving and concentrate on his game his form might pick up.

[quote user="ABC A Basingstoke Canary"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="ABC A Basingstoke Canary"]

Also agree.

[/quote]Yup, it was ''Don''t worry if  I discard our talisman, best leader and penalty-taker''. We''ll be ok.  [/quote]

Talk about living in the past!

GH either wouldn''t or couldn''t adapt to the way the manager wanted him to play. GH was still stuck in the PL way of playing and didn''t like the changes. And, before you seize on the opening I gave you, if AV hadn''t signed Benteke, then they would have been relegated. PL owes Benteke for both his and AV''s survival - the gung-ho brand of football is just not sustainable.

BTW - I haven''t seen the full extent of GH''s influence at Wigan - how many goals has he scored there?

[/quote]GH didn''t like the changes and so didn''t many fans. All he wanted was to be allowed to go out to try to score goals away from home just as RVW wants.

[quote user="Pyro Pete"][quote user="Nicko"]I think we''re reading into the Pilkington Garrido thing a bit too much. I think Pilkington is frustrated at not starting at the moment and just wants the ball - which is kind of refreshing. If any of you play football, you know that its easy to get frustrated with someone else on the pitch, doesn''t mean there''s necessarily a divide in the group.[/quote] Hearing the boos before coming on at the decision to replace Redmond probably added to Pilks desire to prove himself. However, Pilks did overreact when Garrido chose not to play him in down the wing. That was directly in front of us and made him look pretty childish. We understand his frustration (Garrido should have chosen that pass). But his hysteria resulted in him not doing his job for next ten minutes by chasing around the pitch like a mad thing, demanding the ball from everyone, regardless. He only calmed down once he fluffed that shot from 8 yards out. Perhaps realising he''s not the messiah after all. Frankly, Garrido showed good professionalism not to react and just get on with his game.[/quote]

I disagree.

I thought Pilkington was in the right. We were chasing the game, we needed to maintain a high tempo and not give Villa time to regroup but that''s exactly what Garrido was doing.

Garrido is a good player but he is often very cautious and seems to play very much within his limits. There was a moment on Saturday when Fer took a fairly quick freekick and knocked it down the line for Garrido. It was a good ball but it ran out of play and looked a bad ball simply because Garrido had taken his foot off the gas.

Pilkington came on and tried to inject some life in to us. He needs to be starting games. Especially with our lacklustre form at the moment, he''s too good to have sitting on the bench.

[quote user="Alby"]"the gung-ho brand of football is just not sustainable".

Aren''t Villa ahead of us in the table (and likely to stay so)?[/quote]........ and isn''t gung-ho Martinez around 6th in the Prem with Everton, having won 3-2 at West Ham. What an opportunity we missed !!!!