Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

The picture of Wolfy and Snoddy

I still cant believe the arrogance of it, and then tops it of with a penalty so poor you would think he was English! Ive seen Southgate take better pens, honestly, Southgate!

That photo would make for a good caption competition:Snodgrass:  "Look pal, shut your mouth, or I''ll stick every cross into the keepers gloves from now until the end of the season".[IMG]http://i44.tinypic.com/2edxsv6.jpg[/IMG]

After seeing that picture you''ve made me even more angry with snoddy if hed let the wolf take the pen we would have in my opinion won the game.

Hes getting to arrogant and his crosses are poor needs to be subbed or completely not in the game at ll this Sunday.

And yet, what if someone had put down the law, Ricky took the penalty and missed?

This board would be full of outrage "Go with the man who is confident and who wants it. Go with the man who''s feeling lucky".

It is all about outcomes and all this cod blustering about Snodgrass is ridiculous. He had the guts to go for it and would be a hero if it had gone in. He has to live with the embarrassment of failure but he is not a war criminal after all.

ifs and buts are all very well, but the fact is snoddy took it, and he missed.

rvw doesn''t look happy about it, and CH certainly isn''t. so perhaps ricky was feeling confident, perhaps ricky wanted it, perhaps he felt lucky, and another player pulled rank over him and disobeyed the manager and took it?

now I''m not saying I hate snoddy, he is one of my favourite players, but he did do wrong, he did do something he wasn''t meant to do, and there was always going to be repercussions from it.

Wouldn''t have been, would just be going on about how poor row is, and how he at be off penalties next time, now it questions hughtons authority over the team. There''s a reason RVW was meant to take that penalty. You''re right that Snodgrass isn''t a war criminal etc but he has some making up to do in Sunday if picked.

Yes you have to have some respect for his [over] confidence but it''s a bit like backing Eddie the Eagle to win Gold because he had some courage

Snodgrass and Eddie the Eagle - read my lips....leave it to the experts!

I''m sorry, Cambridge, I just don''t agree with that view. No one is accusing Snodgrass of being a war criminal. You are simply using a nonsensical exaggeration to make your point. Of course we would be disappointed with a missed penalty regardless of who took it. I''m more concerned with why it is an issue at all. If Ricky is the designated PK man then either Hughton has not made that abundantly clear or, if he has, then Snodgrass is letting his ego get in the way of what''s best for the team, either one of which we could do without currently.

It''s worrying that there was so much fighting, disharmony and ill-discipline in the team, with Snoddy stealing the ball from RvW and Pilkington having a go at Garido. WTF is going on?

I don''t think anyone is doubting Snodgrass as a player. He was good for us last season, but you have to keep a level of discipline. When any player starts to think that he is more important than the instructions he''s been given, it''s time for the management to be very strong...... That, however, asks another question....

Quite right, Yankee.

I wouldn''t ever expect Snoddy to take penalties. It was obvious he would strike the ball as he crosses the ball and the GK made the correct decision going to his left (which was a no brainier really).

Rudolph, I sat on the half way line, & even I could see where Snoddy was going to hit it, surely if your going to take a penalty you have to diguise your aim????????????????????

Snoddy always gives 110% but I''m being to think he''s a but thick. He has only scored 4 penalties yet RvW has knocked in 18 in a shorter career. What the hell made him think he was better qualified?

Did we have a team captain on the field Saturday? Why didn''t he tell Snodgrass to back off?

Caption suggestion: My mom is here. Let me score a goal and show her what a big boy I am.

"eeeeh Dutch boy arm gorna tayke teh peno , alrite"  ( Bad Glaswiegen accent )" Robert, im Dyutch noyt German... wtf did ush justh shay ? " ( bad Dutch Accent )

[quote user="Kangaroo Court"]It''s worrying that there was so much fighting, disharmony and ill-discipline in the team, with Snoddy stealing the ball from RvW and Pilkington having a go at Garido. WTF is going on?[/quote]

It''s called pathetically weak leadership

In answer to the OP question, perhaps not THE problem but his attitude at the moment is A problem.

I do not question his work rate but I do question his attitude.  By his constant moaning, shoulder shrugging and arm waving it appears he believes nothing is ever his fault, which in and of itself is not necessarily a problem but the earache he is giving the other players (I deliberately have not used the phrase teammates) imo is a problem. 

Over recent weeks he has been involved in a number of spats with other players, Pilks and RVW being prime examples and is forever moaning at/blaming others when he fails to deliver, this negativity can spread like cancer through a team, and I think it is starting to.  Nothing pleases the opposition more than to see their opposition arguing with each other.

He either needs to be left out of the team or be given help with his attitude.  Obviously only he decides his attitude but surely ''management'' can see the problem and therefore should take action to assist him in improving it, before we have 11 players on the pitch all moaning at each other, all shrugging their shoulders, all waving their arms about and all fighting over the ball like a bunch of kids in the playground!

One thing I guess he doesn''t understand is that the negative chemicals he produces in his brain inhibit creativity and innovation.  When are you at your most creative and innovative, when you''re in a positive mood or negative mood, Snoddy is no different.

So to summarise, maybe his own negativity is fuelling his lack of form at the moment, which as I stated earlier, can spread like a cancer through the team.

It was an amazing display of dis-respect to both RVW and Hughton. Its clear RVW was the designated penalty taker. Snodgrass defied these instructions. It may simply have been hot-headedness, but he has made his manager look extremely weak. Whether he is or not is debatable. Hughton has supported Snoddy publicly. Difficult to know whehter that is the right thing to do. Has he blasted him behind closed door? Again hard to know. Snoddy has really let his manager down though

I''m dumbfounded that Bassong, supposedly our captain, didn''t step in and intervene.

Do the players fear Snoddy or something?

I hope he has his tail between his legs in training this week

Two things struck me, had Holt been there would he have tried to grab the ball? and secondly had there been an unseemly tug of war over the ball and RVW had won, it would have put him under unnecessary additional pressure!

[quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="Kangaroo Court"]It''s worrying that there was so much fighting, disharmony and ill-discipline in the team, with Snoddy stealing the ball from RvW and Pilkington having a go at Garido. WTF is going on?[/quote]

It''s called pathetically weak leadership

[/quote]My view is that McNally wanted a guy he could handle as he was having difficulties with the strong personality and drive of Lambert, so he hired Hughton.  Hughton will never give proper leadership so must go. There is no point in waiting !!!! 

I think we''re reading into the Pilkington Garrido thing a bit too much. I think Pilkington is frustrated at not starting at the moment and just wants the ball - which is kind of refreshing. If any of you play football, you know that its easy to get frustrated with someone else on the pitch, doesn''t mean there''s necessarily a divide in the group.

No need for a caption competition - my friend sits in the lower Barclay and saw Snoddy say to the Wolf "You''re not f ucking taking it"

[quote user="Nicko"]I think we''re reading into the Pilkington Garrido thing a bit too much. I think Pilkington is frustrated at not starting at the moment and just wants the ball - which is kind of refreshing. If any of you play football, you know that its easy to get frustrated with someone else on the pitch, doesn''t mean there''s necessarily a divide in the group.[/quote]

Hearing the boos before coming on at the decision to replace Redmond probably added to Pilks desire to prove himself.

However, Pilks did overreact when Garrido chose not to play him in down the wing. That was directly in front of us and made him look pretty childish. We understand his frustration (Garrido should have chosen that pass). But his hysteria resulted in him not doing his job for next ten minutes by chasing around the pitch like a mad thing, demanding the ball from everyone, regardless.

He only calmed down once he fluffed that shot from 8 yards out. Perhaps realising he''s not the messiah after all.

Frankly, Garrido showed good professionalism not to react and just get on with his game.