Sign in to follow this  
Tiffey Boy

Hughton comments re. penalty this morning on Radio Norfolk

[quote user="Nicko"]Alby wrote: A friend sits in the lower Barclay. Snoddy took the ball off Ricky with the comment "You''re not f ucking have it" I really hope this isn''t true. Feel desperately sorry for RVW if this is the case. And utterly fuming at Snodgrass - what a complete tube.[/quote]

If Snodgrass really did say this to RvW it would be consistent with an incident I’m sure I saw when watching the Spurs game on-line.

After Lloris was penalised for the handball/punch just outside the box Pilkington looked to be interested in taking the free kick. From my limited lip reading skills Pilkington seemed to be advised in a similar fashion by Snodgrass that I’m the one taking it.

Does anyone else who watched the stream remember this?

OR, Hughton told them all in training, to sort out the penalty taking between them (as they are grown ups after all, he doesn''t need to tell them how to walk), and then, when Snodgrass picked the ball up, Hughton decided not to make Snodgrass look like a naughty boy, by shouting at him (perhaps even thinking that the odds were he would score, and they would sort it out in the dressing room later), but when Snoddy missed then tried to take the flak himself by protecting the player.

SAF would have protected his player also, probably by having a go at the Ref for allowing keeper movement and encroachment.

Are you also going to blame Hughton for Snoddy''s crossing, because, after all, Hughton doesn''t train Snoddy to put it in the keepers gloves every time?

Some of you are just using any stick to beat the manager at the mo. Like I said the other day, you''ll probably blame Hughton for the carp beer in the N&P

Get real

[quote user="Tim Allman"]

[quote user="Nicko"]Alby wrote: A friend sits in the lower Barclay. Snoddy took the ball off Ricky with the comment "You''re not f ucking have it" I really hope this isn''t true. Feel desperately sorry for RVW if this is the case. And utterly fuming at Snodgrass - what a complete tube.[/quote]

If Snodgrass really did say this to RvW it would be consistent with an incident I’m sure I saw when watching the Spurs game on-line.

After Lloris was penalised for the handball/punch just outside the box Pilkington looked to be interested in taking the free kick. From my limited lip reading skills Pilkington seemed to be advised in a similar fashion by Snodgrass that I’m the one taking it.

Does anyone else who watched the stream remember this?

[/quote]

I remember that.... We have a captain on the field.. what is he doing? he should take the ball and say "I tell you what Robert... Fu*k you!" and give it the designated taker or person who wants to take it...

"After Lloris was penalised for the handball/punch just outside the box Pilkington looked to be interested in taking the free kick. From my limited lip reading skills Pilkington seemed to be advised in a similar fashion by Snodgrass that I’m the one taking it.

Does anyone else who watched the stream remember this?"

I remember it clearly, and was baffled by the incident.

Uncertainty about key roles is never productive. Real Madrid springs to mind, when over a period of time, Figo, Beckham, R. Carlos and/or Zidane literally queued for taking spot kicks. It always looked dumb to me.

The penalty issue and the issue at Spurs hints that there are serious underlying problems within the team. Leaving the poor performances aside it looks like there are also major issues within the team.  Surly a major part of organisation and management of a successful team is that everyone knows their roles and what they should be doing? It’s highly doubtful that Snodgrass is the designated penalty taker so what the hell was he doing on Saturday? The fact that neither Martin, Bassong as captains nor Hughton did anything and Hughton’s recent comments fannying around the subject seems to me that there has been little reprecussions for Snodgrass.  It’s true that we don’t know what went on in the changing room at half time or after the game but my inclination would be nothing.  What we do know it that it’s clear from our recent performances that several players need a kick up the ar$e. It should be the manager that does this but it appears that Hughton’s ability to organise the team is poor and this will not happen. These kind of things will weaken the morale and create a downward spiral of negativity within the team. Morale and relations will just get worse.   

In my opinion, never mind the rubbish performances if Hughton stays I believe he will soon lose respect from the team and then that’s the nail in our Premiership coffin.  

I like Hughton and think that in the right role he is very good. I would like to see him stay at Norwich but in more of a Director of Football role responsible for transfers, training, youth progression etc. We need someone tougher in to manage the team on a day to day basis, squad, tactics, motivation etc.  I know this is unusual and hasn''t worked at places like Newcastle but with the right people I believe it would be successful.  One person I would like to see in the manager side of the role is Darren Ferguson.

[quote user="The Funky Homosapien"]oh come on when have you ever seen a manager march down the touchline and shout at the penalty taker in front of 27,000. And as if other players would have stepped in, when Snodgrass picks the ball up and looks that determined then the players expect him to stick it away. It seemed very obvious to me by Hughton''s post match comments and the more recent comments today that he had selected RVW as penalty taker but Snodgrass picked up the ball instead. Hughton was never going to come out and say it straight because he wouldn''t want to look like a fool with Snodgrass paying no attention to his tactics. I can''t believe that every single negative thing that happens is immediately attributed to Hughton in one way or another. Unbelievable.[/quote]Welcome to the Pink Un message board. You''ll soon learn.Next week Hughton will be revealed as the evil genius behind poverty, food shortages and global warming. [:|]

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="The Funky Homosapien"]oh come on when have you ever seen a manager march down the touchline and shout at the penalty taker in front of 27,000. And as if other players would have stepped in, when Snodgrass picks the ball up and looks that determined then the players expect him to stick it away. It seemed very obvious to me by Hughton''s post match comments and the more recent comments today that he had selected RVW as penalty taker but Snodgrass picked up the ball instead. Hughton was never going to come out and say it straight because he wouldn''t want to look like a fool with Snodgrass paying no attention to his tactics. I can''t believe that every single negative thing that happens is immediately attributed to Hughton in one way or another. Unbelievable.[/quote]Welcome to the Pink Un message board. You''ll soon learn.Next week Hughton will be revealed as the evil genius behind poverty, food shortages and global warming. [:|][/quote]

Now you''re just being silly.