Sign in to follow this  
bringbackchippy

HUGHTON SACKED.

Any argument that the manager is safe based on the board allowing Hughton to spend money is hard for me to understand. The window is only open for a certain time and the board decided he would be the manager through it. We do not know how much justification he had to give for each player and whether it was the board that said enough was enough with a few weeks to go.If there was no manager in place we would have made signings- as happened last summer between the two- that would not mean the board would expect to continue without a manager.

I think Hughton will be gone by Xmas. Allowing him to spend in the summer doesn''t mean he''s going to be here come May 2014. It just means he''s been allowed to sign players. That''s it. Someone''s got to sign them. Luckily he''s signed very good players. Unfortunately he just doesn''t know how to play them.

I like Hughton as a person. I think that''s part of the problem. He''s likeable to everyone. He has no edge, no spice, no bit between his teeth. It just hasn''t worked IMO.

[quote user="A Basingstoke Canary"]

Anybody who thinks this is going to happen is in LaLa Land - it''s the HOBNOBS wet dream!

[/quote]There''s only a few of you left in Hughton LaLa Land, one day the reality of the last 9 months will hit home.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]He''s one good result vs Stoke away from being safe again.[/quote]I do not think he has a good result in him , since the ten game unbeaten run we have been abysmal and really do not look like a top flight side , the pundits on MOTD Saturday almost wrote us off as down already. Giving him more time is just making the next managers job more difficult .

"Matt Juler"

"A Basingstoke Canary"Anybody who thinks this is going to happen is in LaLa Land - it''s the HOBNOBS wet dream!

There''s only a few of you left in Hughton LaLa Land, one day the reality of the last 9 months will hit home.

Personally speaking I know the reality of the last 9 months. It is this season that is what is important to me now. I admit it isn''t good at all but last season''s objectives were achieved.

Hughton has been out this summer and bought the bullets but the trouble is he does not know how to load or fire the gun.

"TIL 1010"Hughton has been out this summer and bought the bullets but the trouble is he does not know how to load or fire the gun.

Excellently put.

Jimmy Smith wrote the following post at 2013-09-23 8:04 PM:

He''s one good result vs Stoke away from being safe again.

OMG, and what do you base that marvellous statement on. 2 away wins in 50 premiership matches, and we all know just how they were achieved. With people like you backing such an inept manager we have absolutely no chance of staying up. In all honesty, what has changed from last season? Personnel yes, but playing style, tactics and results NO. Get real Jimmy and take your NCFC and Hughton glasses off.

[quote user="Herman "]"TIL 1010"Hughton has been out this summer and bought the bullets but the trouble is he does not know how to load or fire the gun.

Excellently put.[/quote]
Agreed, very well put.
It looks as though he bought a self assembly gun & bullets kit at IKEA. The instructions on how to put it all together are not clear and when he has had a go there are some bits, quite expensive looking bits, that are left over and worryingly look as though they need to fit somewhere.

[quote user="Herman "]"TIL 1010"Hughton has been out this summer and bought the bullets but the trouble is he does not know how to load or fire the gun.

Excellently put.[/quote]

Thirded. So on that let him be judged.

10 games should give us a idea whether he can learn to load and fire the new bullets.

The problem is Nutty is that he will have to pull off a phenomenal string of results to turn some fans around. Is he capable?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Herman "]"TIL 1010"Hughton has been out this summer and bought the bullets but the trouble is he does not know how to load or fire the gun. Excellently put.[/quote]

10 games should give us a idea whether he can learn to load and fire the new bullets.

[/quote]

The thing is Nutty, I don''t think we''re going to see a particularly different picture after 10 games, what with our next run of 5 fixtures not being too kind. Realistically we''re going to be very fortunate to get anything from Chelsea, Arsenal or City, regardless of the manager in charge I think 3 defeats are on the cards, which leaves us Stoke away and Cardiff at home to try and salvage a reasonable points total from the 1st 1/4 of the season.

Stoke away has never been a happy hunting ground for us whoever has been in charge and given their upturn in form since Pulis'' departure and our away form I think most of us would see a point as a decent result under normal cicumstances, but given our current situation it''s almost become a must win. Speaking of which Cardiff is definitely a must win.

Anything less than 2 wins is going to leave us in trouble, but it seems almost unfair to expect that given the fixtures.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Herman "]"TIL 1010"Hughton has been out this summer and bought the bullets but the trouble is he does not know how to load or fire the gun. Excellently put.[/quote]

[/quote]

The thing is Nutty, I don''t think we''re going to see a particularly different picture after 10 games, what with our next run of 5 fixtures not being too kind. Realistically we''re going to be very fortunate to get anything from Chelsea, Arsenal or City, regardless of the manager in charge I think 3 defeats are on the cards, which leaves us Stoke away and Cardiff at home to try and salvage a reasonable points total from the 1st 1/4 of the season.

Stoke away has never been a happy hunting ground for us whoever has been in charge and given their upturn in form since Pulis'' departure and our away form I think most of us would see a point as a decent result under normal cicumstances, but given our current situation it''s almost become a must win. Speaking of which Cardiff is definitely a must win.

Anything less than 2 wins is going to leave us in trouble, but it seems almost unfair to expect that given the fixtures.

[/quote]

Well we''ll have a lot better idea how he can load and fire the gun after 10 games. There were signs on Saturday. Even CUSDP noticed them.

Or do you think I should make my mind up by what you think is going to happen Brownie?

However I am interested in what you think is going to happen if you join the Rays Funds thread. We need all the help we can get on there.

[quote user="Herman "]The problem is Nutty is that he will have to pull off a phenomenal string of results to turn some fans around. Is he capable?[/quote]Sorry, I know I''m butting in; but last season it took the Arsenal victory to start to turn people''s heads and that heralded the run which largely sealed last season''s ultimate success.  That was game 5 or 6, from memory, after a hammering at Fulham and a dour 1-1 against QPR at home plus some other dreck I''ve deleted from my mind.This season may be a copy of last season except we haven''t been humped 5-0 yet so maybe we''re getting better... [:)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well we''ll have a lot better idea how he can load and fire the gun after 10 games. There were signs on Saturday. Even CUSDP noticed them.

Or do you think I should make my mind up by what you think is going to happen Brownie?

However I am interested in what you think is going to happen if you join the Rays Funds thread. We need all the help we can get on there.

[/quote]

I think you misunderstand me Nutty, I''m not saying he should go now, in fact I voted No on the poll thread. I''m saying that judging him on the next 5 results is a bit harsh given we''re playing 3 of the top 4, 2 of which are away from home.

We''ve made a bit of a pigs ear of what should have been a relatively comfortable start, time will tell whether he can salvage it, but if he can I''d wager it won''t be in the next 5 fixtures.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think you misunderstand me Nutty, I''m not saying he should go now, in fact I voted No on the poll thread. I''m saying that judging him on the next 5 results is a bit harsh given we''re playing 3 of the top 4, 2 of which are away from home.

We''ve made a bit of a pigs ear of what should have been a relatively comfortable start, time will tell whether he can salvage it, but if he can I''d wager it won''t be in the next 5 fixtures.

[/quote]

There! This conversation''s gone full circle now[:)]

But the offer for Rays Funds still stands. The new thread''s up on Wednesday[Y]

It''s going to take a few results like that Mr C, but even then they will be classed as freaks.

[quote user="Herman "]It''s going to take a few results like that Mr C, but even then they will be classed as freaks.[/quote]It won''t be unfair to class them as freaks- last year the good results were anomalies at best were they not? And good performances were even harder to find than good results.

Herman , you are having a problem deciding where you stand, get off the old fence Mr.!

"Wolf"Herman , you are having a problem deciding where you stand, get off the old fence Mr.!

Yeah, I feel as if I''ve got Wiz''s flip-flops on:-)

I''ve spent so much energy backing Hoots, through gritted teeth sometimes, that it is hard to turn my back on him. But the Spurs and Villa games really knocked me. Well I guess I may be flip-flopping for the next few games but I will stand behind my decision to back him last season, as I could see what he was trying to achieve. Whether he is good enough to finish what he has started.........

Tell you what, you are the most genuine poster on this board, not that you want to here that from me, but good on you mate!

you missed earning a big bit of money on the betting*one of the bookies (who must know something) even dropped their odds to 8-1 at one point

that''s if you are laying odds on Betfair that is .................................. sky fills it''s boots by over exciting it''s window licking viewers so why shouldn''t others - you just have to wait until sky feeds them the right duff info,  note the word right, as you can''t just act on sky putting out duff info or you would never be off Betfair

That''s all ve3ry well but I''m five bob down and mrs nutty isn''t a happy bunny! Here''s hoping she wins at bingo tonight!

Anyway.. Jol is still favourite followed by Hughton and Pardew. You can also get 20/1 on it being the next Sunderland manager!

No manager to leave is 50/1. Anyone tempted?

[quote user="Herman "]"Wolf"Herman , you are having a problem deciding where you stand, get off the old fence Mr.! Yeah, I feel as if I''ve got Wiz''s flip-flops on:-) I''ve spent so much energy backing Hoots, through gritted teeth sometimes, that it is hard to turn my back on him. But the Spurs and Villa games really knocked me. Well I guess I may be flip-flopping for the next few games but I will stand behind my decision to back him last season, as I could see what he was trying to achieve. Whether he is good enough to finish what he has started.........[/quote]

Herman, I suspect most Norwich fans feel exactly the way you do. Of course, we all want our team to do well but, even beyond that, I suspect most of us really want Hughton to do well. Nice guys don''t always finish last either, however, it''s up to him to eradicate the niggling doubts that, to date, just don''t seem to go away.

How many football managers in the top four English divisions (92 clubs) have been in the job for more than four years? How many more than three?

I’ve been a big doubter of Hughton for a long time, and would be happy to see him leave, but… I really think there were some signs of improvement on Saturday, Ok we lost, but the manner in which we did so was a vast improvement on anything we’ve seen this season, including Everton which personally I think we were very lucky to draw against and Southampton could of gone either way but we shaded it, Villa apart from the result, I think we beat. What made us lose was Lambert’s tactical knowledge. We score a lot of goals from set pieces, so what does he do? Put’s two 6 foot plus forwards on, canny bas****

Did anyone else hear Hughton shout “Try and get your body between the player and the ball”. Jeez, if my Sunday league manager said that to me I’d look at him weirdly. Ok, it’s true, but that’s the sort of coaching you give 6 year olds.

The camps clearly unhappy, can you imagine Lambert letting any player dictate who takes a penalty?

This may come across as a Lambert love in, but what I’m trying to say is we have all the tools to stay in this league with the right leadership. We played better, and pressed a lot more as a home team should. But I think it was more of a sign of desperation on Hughton’s part that we did so as he realises he’s effectively fighting for his job, not his tactical nouse.

One final point, look at the team that started our first game the first season when we went up, how many would get into our current starting line up? Not many, but I never thought we’d go down and that was down to leadership, something we sorely miss.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="iwansnorwich"]"Were we poor. lacking in ideas and quality? Really? Their goalkeeper was MOM "

guzan had 2 saves to make all afternoon and one was a pen. The rest of his day was spent easily catching floated crosses.[/quote]

So were we poor and lacking in ideas and quality? Who was actually MOM?

[/quote]

"So were we poor and lacking in ideas and quality?"

yes very much so. It was the same predictable pedestrian attacking as always. Hence Snodgrass consistently got the ball and consistently put poor cross after poor cross in. We didn''t look like scoring.