Sign in to follow this  
bringbackchippy

HUGHTON SACKED.

[quote user="iwansnorwich"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="iwansnorwich"]"Were we poor. lacking in ideas and quality? Really? Their goalkeeper was MOM "

guzan had 2 saves to make all afternoon and one was a pen. The rest of his day was spent easily catching floated crosses.[/quote]

So were we poor and lacking in ideas and quality? Who was actually MOM?

[/quote]

"So were we poor and lacking in ideas and quality?"

yes very much so. It was the same predictable pedestrian attacking as always. Hence Snodgrass consistently got the ball and consistently put poor cross after poor cross in. We didn''t look like scoring.[/quote]

Well if that''s what you saw then you''re as entitled to post it as I am to post what I saw[8-|]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="iwansnorwich"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="iwansnorwich"]"Were we poor. lacking in ideas and quality? Really? Their goalkeeper was MOM "

guzan had 2 saves to make all afternoon and one was a pen. The rest of his day was spent easily catching floated crosses.[/quote]

So were we poor and lacking in ideas and quality? Who was actually MOM?

[/quote]

"So were we poor and lacking in ideas and quality?"

yes very much so. It was the same predictable pedestrian attacking as always. Hence Snodgrass consistently got the ball and consistently put poor cross after poor cross in. We didn''t look like scoring.[/quote]

Well if that''s what you saw then you''re as entitled to post it as I am to post what I saw[8-|]

[/quote]PenaltyRVW chestRVW Turn and strike just wideRVW blocked from the triangle trying to set the ball upHooper from 2 yardsKieran Clark''s clearance going just over his own goal

Herman wrote the following post at 23/09/2013 7:37 PM:

"Wolf"Herman , you are having a problem deciding where you stand, get off the old fence Mr.! Yeah, I feel as if I''ve got Wiz''s flip-flops on:-) I''ve spent so much energy backing Hoots, through gritted teeth sometimes, that it is hard to turn my back on him. But the Spurs and Villa games really knocked me. Well I guess I may be flip-flopping for the next few games but I will stand behind my decision to back him last season, as I could see what he was trying to achieve. Whether he is good enough to finish what he has started.........

I feel very much this what herman wrote. I have wanted managers to go before even at the end of the Worthington era. But I can see what hughton is trying to build here. I still think in time if given time he could achieve that. Trouble is I do not think it mattered who took over they were onto a hiding after what lambert achieved. A bit like moyes at man utd and benitez when he went to Chelsea.

I believe with the solid defensive base and building on that with some attacking flair we have more chance to achieve things long term. I am not enjoying watching it much at the minute however Saturday was a joke. Hughton picked a decent team and his subs were fine by me. I felt some of the players let themselves down. Not through effort but by just playing poorly snoddy in particular. Him taking the pen still feels me with rage when you have a guy who we paid 8.5 mill for who is deadly from the spot.

Hughtons signings have been first class. We have given him 25 mill to spend. who is going to want to come in and work with what me have? Every manager wants to build their own team when they get a job. Do we have the funds to remove hughton and his back room staff then bring in someone else and give them several million to spend in jan?

Also the fans that booed his sub of Redmond was a joke. Boo at the end not during the game for crying out loud. How does that help the team? We didn''t have a win under our belts this time last season. Hooper has just come back from injury and our new players are still bedding in. Give him time and I believe it will come good.

Good post ''hairline. Pretty much in agreement with most of it. I think the point about Hughton coming in after Lambert is very relevant. It would never be easy for him, or anybody, to fill his shoes.