Sign in to follow this  
bringbackchippy

HUGHTON SACKED.

But JDT, the manager is responsible for appointing his own management team. If you do not have confidence in the management team, how can you have confidence in the manager''s judgements?

[quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="Herman "]"I told you he was shit". Another poster that wants a medal.[/quote]
You just don''t like to admit you were blinded by faith in backing someone who never showed signs of improving. We don''t need medals. Be a bit more graceful and just admit you were wrong, or don''t comment at all. Thanks [Y]

[/quote]

In what way was Herman wrong[:^)]

The board are responsible for appointing the manager. If you do not have confidence in the manager how can you have confidence in the board''s judgements?

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="im spartacus"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

He can be lauded as what he likes but if I lose my five bob he''ll soon see what bullying really is...

[/quote]LOL have a word with your mate city 1st about self depreciating humour [:D][/quote]Which is what will happen to high roller Nigel''s five bob if this turns out to be a crock of s*ite.Mrs Nutty will not be pleased.....[/quote]

that way they can be offset against my tax over a four year periodnot that my returns have anything in them that might be construed as a jokeheaven forbid

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="im spartacus"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

He can be lauded as what he likes but if I lose my five bob he''ll soon see what bullying really is...

[/quote]LOL have a word with your mate city 1st about self depreciating humour [:D][/quote]Which is what will happen to high roller Nigel''s five bob if this turns out to be a crock of s*ite.Mrs Nutty will not be pleased.....[/quote]

Wouldn''t be surprised to find she already knows about the five bob! Stuff |I write on here tends to find it''s way onto mrs nutty''s facebook!

Once a bizzie...

[quote user="T"]

Both not obvious and wrong.

Purple, I thought you had grasped the point for instance you might have jurer''s decide on points of fact but they would not be allowed to decide on points of law as that requires education and training. My views on these matters have been formed by trainng with a professional sports coach at the top of his trade. I suspected that I did not know what I was not talking about before but now know that without professional training I was not qualified to give an opinion on a sport. I could say what I aethetically liked but was not unable to analyse the sport and give an informed opinion.I''m just suggesting less abuse, more awareness, more reality and some humility.

[/quote]

I have been around long enough to spot self important and pompous drivel when I see it. You have no idea what experience or quals anyone on this board possesses. Tw@t.

"SeattleCanary""Herman ""I told you he was shit". Another poster that wants a medal.

You just don''t like to admit you were blinded by faith in backing someone who never showed signs of improving. We don''t need medals. Be a bit more graceful and just admit you were wrong, or don''t comment at all. Thanks 

Patronising arsenal.

I am guilty of backing my clubs manager. For realising that he was a new manager, taking on someone else''s team, for a smaller club in one of the toughest leagues in the world, I am also guilty.

Whoever is my clubs manager I will back as far as I possibly can. It''s called loyalty.

Herman - spot on...as so often.

I appreciate that I may be in the minority on here now (not so sure whether I am in the minority among those who don''t frequent the pink un) but I still think sacking our manager now would be a mistake. Possibly a huge one.

I am not arguing with some of the points made on here, although in passing I do think that the extent to which some fans think that they have any kind of a handle on what happens in a professional football dressing room by interpreting certain events and reactions on the pitch seems ridiculous...

I was relatively unimpressed with Hughtons appointment at the start. Notfor any other reason than that I simply wasn''t sure who we needed to replace Lambert. I did however think that the likelihood was that we may well go down in his first season. We didn''t. For the reason, I think, that Hughton improved the team, most especially defensively.

I was -and remain - excited by the players who have arrived in th summer. I don''t think we''ve started brilliantly, but neither in the games I''ve seen have we been awful either. Ricky clearly wants the ball much quicker than we ever have been used to delivering it to the strikers and we do need to develop our play in the final third.

But to me sacking the manger 5 games in just smacks of desperation. And some of the criticism is just silly. Sme examples

...Robert Snodgrass was one of our most consistent performers last season. This season he has not started as well, absolutely no arguments from me there - but some of the criticism he got from some in the Barclay near me yesterday was appalling. Seriously appalling.

...the substitution of Redmond made sense to me. He had been shackled by Villa and nothing really was coming down his side. Snodgrass was having much more joy down the right. So that sub made sense to me. Maybe he could have switched Redmond to the right but I get the sense he is trying to protect him from over expectation...and watching the abuse meted out to one of our best players last season, who can blame him

...yesterday''s performance was not dire. It was fine - bar the result. We missed a penalty - Snodgrass shouldn''t have taken it and I''m pretty sure CH will make his displeasure clear in the dressing room. But some people seemed to expect that the manager would publicly crucify him in the media? That really is not a good managerial tactic IMO

Our home record (ok we lost yesterday but...) is really strong. Nt many teams come to CR and take 3 points away.

So unpopular as it may be, I support the manager - who I believe to be a good one. Some of our fans seem to have got very arrogant very quickly - there is a real perception of entitlement about our matches - and a very quick turning to nastiness when things don''t go well. I appreciate that many will disagree with me - that''s fine, but I would be very very worried about our premier league security if we go down that road, and I would be disappointed.

I''ve said before...be careful,what we wish for.

OTBC

Well that''s my five bob down the old swanny! Paid out on Di Canio. Sky Bet have formed a new market : -

Jol 6/4

Hughton 2/1

Pardew 4/1

2/1 is attractive as I''d only get 1/100 in the Woolwich but the wife won''t give me anymore spends[:''(]

So is that tomorrow Sunday or tomorrow Monday as the OP posted at 12.40??

Its the end of Sunday now and no news, it really is the silly season when so many people believe this.

We are 5 matches in and were unlucky yesterday though perhaps would be streching it to say we deserved to win. We are still close to a very congested middle of the table.

The Manager for all his faults and there are some eg use of Subs led us to 11th in the league our highest place for what 19 years.

Who around can is ready to step in, I can only think of De Matteo as a possible. McNally is too shrewd to act without this being sorted he will not get into a Wolves scenario.

Isn''t he on a 3 year contract? Therefore logically you don''t pull the trigger at the 1st real sign of trouble

"1st real sign of trouble" interesting because signs of trouble have been here since last season IMHO. If it wasn''t for our freak run of 10 games unbeaten when everything seemed to go our way, we would have been in serious trouble.

I agree that the away performances are unacceptable but apart from September 2012, a week in late April and perhaps now we have not been looking down at the barrel ie looking in relegation trouble not just playing dour stuff.

I don''t think the point re the 10 game run is valid, did we have refereeing decisions, did we score deflected goals, were the other teams suffering an injury crisis? No, no and no again that I can recall

Should find out tomorrow.

There''ll be a press conferring for the cup game tomorrow lunch time, so he''ll either be there, or someone else will.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="Herman "]"I told you he was shit". Another poster that wants a medal.[/quote]
You just don''t like to admit you were blinded by faith in backing someone who never showed signs of improving. We don''t need medals. Be a bit more graceful and just admit you were wrong, or don''t comment at all. Thanks [Y]

[/quote]

In what way was Herman wrong[:^)]

[/quote]
Sorry old chap, I didn''t mean to say he was wrong, and I do apologise. What I should have said was that he needed to stop commenting about those of us that were/are calling for change upon witnessing the same gutless football from last season a month a go. Now a month on, more people are changing their tune, and for some reason he feels the need to take a dig at those that could see the warning signs ages ago.
So I''m just saying there''s no need to get grumpy at those of us that have at least stuck to our opinions and were singled out for doing so at the time, when it seems now that the majority are in the Hughton out camp. We aren''t here to say "I told you so", just sticking to what we''ve been saying, and that we saw problems all along while others buried their head in the sand.
He should have just said nothing, instead of whinging. We don''t want medals. A little humility might do the trick though, and tuning down the sarcasm some.

[quote user="Herman "]"SeattleCanary""Herman ""I told you he was shit". Another poster that wants a medal.

You just don''t like to admit you were blinded by faith in backing someone who never showed signs of improving. We don''t need medals. Be a bit more graceful and just admit you were wrong, or don''t comment at all. Thanks 

Patronising arsenal.

I am guilty of backing my clubs manager. For realising that he was a new manager, taking on someone else''s team, for a smaller club in one of the toughest leagues in the world, I am also guilty.

Whoever is my clubs manager I will back as far as I possibly can. It''s called loyalty.[/quote]
Except he isn''t a new manager anymore, and it IS his team now, playing exactly the same standard of football as the "last guys" team. So I fail to see your point.
Loyalty is an admirable trait, but it isn''t enough in situations like this. I want him and the team to succeed, as I quite like him as a fellow. It just stands out to me that he reeks of a No.2, a sidekick if you will, and not a team leader at this level. Gunn recruited a squad including Holt, that Lambert used to get out of League 1 but it didn''t make Gunn any more of a manager. I believe Hughton will prove to be the same, a great scout and coach, but a manager no.

SeattleCanary wrote the following post at 23/09/2013 5:30 AM:

".... when it seems now that the majority are in the Hughton out camp..."

Absolute, deluded BS. You don''t understand this forum and you don''t understand football (much like the handful of idiots in the Barclay on Saturday).

Grey Wrote

Absolute, deluded BS. You don''t understand this forum and you don''t understand football (much like the handful of idiots in the Barclay on Saturday).

You comment suggests that you believe this to be your forum.

For what its worth I was disgusted by the boo boys on Saturday but that does not equate with most of the CH out opinions expressed on here. I have found most to be understandable reactions to a difficult time at our club.

I agree about booing, it''s very sad cos Hoots is a decent chap but Snoddy has been terrible etc and its pure frustration, the steam has been rising since last Xmas and away from home has become shambolic. So many baffling things, for me garrido ahead of Ollson and also, Hoots has had months to build a team around the Wolf''s strengths he was not a panic buy at 5 to 11 on deadline day - yet I''ve been to every home game and away at Hull and the guy hardly gets a kick. Ruddy''s comment, pilks and Javier and penalty-gate show me the dressing room is not great. Time to go, it''s not a knee jerk reaction - this is over 26-7 games not 5.

I owuld just like to make the point that this is a fan''s forum. Nothing more, nothing less. It is a place for fans to discuss their ideas and feelings. We are fans. Noone is professing to be anything more than that. Arguments that we are not qualified to offer an opinion would hold water if this were a forum for professionals, which had been infiltrated by the unqualified. But its not. We are offering our comments in exactly the place that has been made for us. Noone is professing to be anything more than a fan with an opinion. The validity of that opinion is irrelevant, as the expertise level of the forum is ''fan level''. Think those stating people dont know what theyre talking about and shouldnt be expressing an opinion have kind of missed the point of what a fans forum is...

I totally agree with Cambridge Canary:-

"I really couldn''t be bothered to answer some of the nonsense on here so thank you Killie for putting the other side and saying what I didn''t."

Thank you Killie, Ricardo and others for having the patience to challenge some of the nonsense that is put on here.

WB Yeats wrote of "things falling apart." It was characterised by

"The best lack all conviction, while the worst

Are full of passionate intensity."

You are acting as our bulwark on these boards because the worst are certainly full of passionate intensity!

I agree Mr Debater.

My issue isn''t with the debate, which is entirely fair given our current form, especially away from home. I disagree with sacking our manager - that is my opinion, and it is no more or less valid than anyone else''s.

Where I do have an issue is with the tone of the debate. Your posts are reasoned and intelligent and add to the debate and make me think - as do many on here. But some unfortunately do not do that. They are abusive, demeaning, hysterical and unpleasant. And do not inform the debate one little bit - nor do silly generic terms like happy clappers or pantwetters.

I don''t understand why some posters claim this is a knee jerk reaction, this has been rumbling on since Christmas after that 10 match unbeaten run when it seemed CH was quite happy to try and draw every game. Posters then said if he keeps us up we''ll see a new team and playing style. We now have a streamlined playing squad but the tactics are still as dour as last season, and can''t see CH to change his tactics, don''t think he''d know where to start.

Seattle. You basically gave Hughton one game of the new season to prove you wrong. You''re mind was already made up about him and that is what angers me. I apologise if I appear to be grumpy, but that is because I am.

I''m in two minds on this one.

I personally think Mr Hughton has lost the dressing room. At spurs in the last ten minutes there was plenty of heads down, we didn''t push to try and get back into the game, whilst the wolfs blind miss (3 touches for a striker who is supposed to be a predator)

shows there is something wrong. Last game though we tried hard there was still alot of bowing of heads , nothing in the final third and what appeared to be alot of attitude from snodders/ the wolf looking more like a hamster.

HOWEVER, we were in a similar predicament at this stage last season and then we went on that great run - we can do it under hughton!It does take time for new players to get bedded in / hughton to decide whats the best formation etc.

I think hughton needs another 3/4 games. If we lose/pick up a point then the writing is on the wall- don''t count the worthless cup unless we get battered....