Sign in to follow this  
bringbackchippy

HUGHTON SACKED.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Yes because then we could fill our boots on the 20/1 Bill Hill''s are currently offering on Hughton to be the next manager sacked. The poster has a good record of posting accurately. But I haven''t got money to throw around.

Decisions, decisions....

[/quote]

Yes Nutty that''s the trouble with these b*stards putting rumours up on here [:D]

If the OP is right it''s a good opportunity to relieve Billy Hill of a few quid but if he has been sacked surely it would be announced today ? As far as I can remember the Sabbath''s never been off limits.......

[/quote]

I know. What a quandary we''re in. It will be too late if we wait for any announcement.

"He who dares wins"

"You never see a bookie on a bike"

Decisions, decisions...

[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]McNally was ruthless with Gunn and he was sacked off the back of a 4-1 win over Yeovil and after being allowed to sign 11 players or thereabouts if Im not mistaken. Difference is Gunn wasnt McNally''s choice. When Hughton was appointed, both McNally and Bowkett said he was their number 1 target from the off. It all happened quite quickly and we paid Birmingham their compensation with little quibble (though that was probably to appear gentlemanly in the wake of the Lambert thing) - so I would imagine this was true. People are saying it is 5 games, but it isnt really is it - its 40-odd games. Norwich have been built by their fan-base, not a mega-rich owner, so the board will recognise the importance of the losing the fans. The boos and the chants at the Redmond substitution must have been uncomfortable for all. Hopefully those who were present for the Worthy execution would not want such ugly scenes again and might have come to the conclusion moving swiftly would be in everyones best interests. Id still be surprised if it were true though. I just wonder if the Ireland vacancy comes into it at all. If he left for that job would we not be due compensation and would he not for-go his? Sacking him wouldnt be a great short-term financial decision. Suggesting strongly he apply for the Ireland job could be their angle. I feel sorry for him, he seems a very nice man. But there are too many things wrong. If he does go, we should thank him for his efforts nonetheless, not vilify him like we have Roeder. He doesnt deserve that[/quote]Very true. I can''t see him being vilified if he leaves soon as he has never had a go at the fans like Roeder did. However look at how it all went south for Worthy (who, if memory serves me right, has the best win ratio, of any manger we''ve had in the last 20 odd years. I think even better than Lambert, can someone confirm this please?) when the board looked to dig their heels in. It is a slightly different situation to that though, because Neil Doomcaster was running the club then and thankfully he''s now busy choking out what little life remains in Scottish football.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Hughton was appointed very quickly after Lambert went. Rumour has it that he was already lined up before Lamber went. Did Lambert go or was he pushed?

Blind faith in anyone seems crazy but especially in McNally. There''s a school of thought that if Bowkett and McNally didn''t push Lambert out of the door thenb they held it open for him. But it would be naieve to think these two can act without the full backing of the board.

Bearing all that in mind this is far from a Bryan Gunn situation.

[/quote]
I''m willing to bet McNally already has in mind who could be the manager since the end of last season with the bad run of results we had, knowing if it continued into this season he might have to change things. Any CEO/board of directors will have idea''s of who to go for in case things go t1ts up.

To be honest even if this is wide of the mark 20/1 is still worth a tenner if you look at our next set of fixtures, the only danger i see is Sunderland but they appointed di canio late in the season, i would expect them to give him more time or knowing him he could well quit. Fill your boots i say. May even have a sneaky tenner myself .

The differences between the Gunn situation and the current situation are very clear. Gunn should never have been given the job in the first place. A decision made out of sentimentality, which sadly saw a club legend become demonised. He was inexperienced and out of his depth. Though it could be argued that Hughton isnt too experienced as a manager also, despite his experience as a number 2. The club was at its lowest ebb and the club on its knees. McNally and co came in as a new board and swept the decks. None of this is true of the current situation.

The main problem I think is that the things that were wrong last season, that fans were unhappy about last season, are still there. All the worrying signs from last season have not been vanquished by the heavy investment as we had all hoped. It is the continuance of last seasons problems that fans have recognised and why some have turned on him so early in the season. I say some as Im sure there are plenty who are happy with what Hughton is doing.

The things that are consistently wrong are the things that are least likely to change if the current staff are kept the same. If some fans have come to this conclusion, it is not beyond the realms of possibility that the board have recognised this too. Id still be surprised if he was sacked, but it would appear the OP is a reliable source so we will have to wait and see

If that were the case and Lambert was pushed then what the hell were they thinking? Seriously, the best manager we have had in years shown the door cos they didnt see eye to eye, maybe thats why Hughton was appointed, no confrontation and much easier to control.

Agreed my thoughts at the moment as well because Lambert is definately a better manager than Hughton is, Chris Hughton is too nice to be a Premiership manager. Just my opinion

[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]McNally was ruthless with Gunn and he was sacked off the back of a 4-1 win over Yeovil and after being allowed to sign 11 players or thereabouts if Im not mistaken. Difference is Gunn wasnt McNally''s choice. When Hughton was appointed, both McNally and Bowkett said he was their number 1 target from the off. It all happened quite quickly and we paid Birmingham their compensation with little quibble (though that was probably to appear gentlemanly in the wake of the Lambert thing) - so I would imagine this was true. People are saying it is 5 games, but it isnt really is it - its 40-odd games. Norwich have been built by their fan-base, not a mega-rich owner, so the board will recognise the importance of the losing the fans. The boos and the chants at the Redmond substitution must have been uncomfortable for all. Hopefully those who were present for the Worthy execution would not want such ugly scenes again and might have come to the conclusion moving swiftly would be in everyones best interests. Id still be surprised if it were true though. I just wonder if the Ireland vacancy comes into it at all. If he left for that job would we not be due compensation and would he not for-go his? Sacking him wouldnt be a great short-term financial decision. Suggesting strongly he apply for the Ireland job could be their angle. I feel sorry for him, he seems a very nice man. But there are too many things wrong. If he does go, we should thank him for his efforts nonetheless, not vilify him like we have Roeder. He doesnt deserve that[/quote]Good post. Despite a pretty fair display yesterday it did feel as though things are quickly coming to a head. Our Chief Exec doesn''t take prisoners so I doubt he''d have many qualms in dismissing the manager sooner rather than later if things don''t improve on the field. I also think he wouldn''t have too much of a problem convincing the other Board members that things have to change.Judging by the players body language and various comments from them I suspect that the relationship between the management team and players isn''t what it should be anyway and that may be difficult if not impossible to repair.Whenever the time comes for a parting of the ways let''s just hope it doesn''t get too messy.

I''m not saying he was pushed. But it''s certainly been suggested. And having twice been in the same room as Bowkett when he was asked about Lambert I can say without fear of being wrong that the gulf between the two is massive. It''s also been said that Lambert was the most difficult of men to work with. However these are personalities and despite what''s suggested managerial sackings and appointments are not everyday running of the club and would have to be decided by the whole board.

My point remains that the water under the bridge since this board took control makes is a different kettle of fish to the Gunn situation. A manager given a 1 year contract while the owners went about the more important business of finding new people to run the clubn for them.

[quote user="Macey"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Hughton was appointed very quickly after Lambert went. Rumour has it that he was already lined up before Lamber went. Did Lambert go or was he pushed?

Blind faith in anyone seems crazy but especially in McNally. There''s a school of thought that if Bowkett and McNally didn''t push Lambert out of the door thenb they held it open for him. But it would be naieve to think these two can act without the full backing of the board.

Bearing all that in mind this is far from a Bryan Gunn situation.

[/quote]
I''m willing to bet McNally already has in mind who could be the manager since the end of last season with the bad run of results we had, knowing if it continued into this season he might have to change things. Any CEO/board of directors will have idea''s of who to go for in case things go t1ts up.
[/quote]

I would imagine the boards of most clubs have a continually evolving list of plan Bs should the manager need to be changed. Lambert was clearly earmarked for the job. Would be interesting to know if this was off the back of the 7-1 demolition, or whether he was in their minds before this. If Hughton was sacked, it would be twice now that the manager had changed after a Lambert victory at Carrow Road. At least noone threw their season ticket at Hughton

Interviews with Lambert this week clearly show something other than Villa coming in and taking him went on. He really, really despises certain members of the board and when asked if it would ever come out he said something along the lines of maybe it would when his time is done. He holds a lot of dislike for someone or some people here and that all suggests it wasnt a case of him jumping ship to Villa.

Why on earth would anyone want to sack him?

He''s only been in the job 5 minutes and you''re still in the PL

It wasn''t long ago that people on here were claiming he was a far better manager than Lambert, and signed better players

Give the bloke a chance

[quote user="AJ"]Why on earth would anyone want to sack him?

He''s only been in the job 5 minutes and you''re still in the PL

It wasn''t long ago that people on here were claiming he was a far better manager than Lambert, and signed better players

Give the bloke a chance[/quote]Just for the record. Following the underwhelming appointment of Hughton and the 5-0 disgrace at Fulham last season, I have never been one of these people.

If Hughton and company does go it''s difficult to see how he would be out of the door before Di Canio ( after yesterday''s bizarre spectacle ). Further, remembering the great win Hughton had against Sunderland ( while the Newcastle manager ) wouldn''t it make for an interesting season if Hughton and Co were then hired on at Sunderland and he kept them up while we went down. Just sayin''.

I''m not saying he was pushed. But it''s certainly been suggested. And having twice been in the same room as Bowkett when he was asked about Lambert I can say without fear of being wrong that the gulf between the two is massive. It''s also been said that Lambert was the most difficult of men to work with. However these are personalities and despite what''s suggested managerial sackings and appointments are not everyday running of the club and would have to be decided by the whole board.

My point remains that the water under the bridge since this board took control makes is a different kettle of fish to the Gunn situation. A manager given a 1 year contract while the owners went about the more important business of finding new people to run the clubn for them.

[/quote]

I think you hit the nail on the head. Hughton is easy to work with. That was a crazy reason, which I think could be true, to let a great manager go and even Chelski learned their lesson with Mourinho eventually. Go for a man that gets results and NOT a mr nice guy !!!

I believe he does sign better players than Lambert AJ but Lambert gets far more out of average players than Hughton will get out of good players, it seems to be a case of motivation and Hughton doesnt seem to have it. And as for his tactics, well there are plenty of other threads spanning months about that.

[/quote]

“Paul did an amazing job for us…but with Paul you get a package. You get an outstanding football manager, but he is ruthlessly ambitious and possibly the most impatient man I have ever met!”

Bowkett may have meant that it in effect came to the same thing.

[quote user="Making Plans"]You can still get 20-1 with William Hill for Hughton to be the first PL manager sacked. Odds are as low as 8-1 with Sky and shortening - perhaps they know something.If it''s going to happen tomorrow then I can''t see any other Manager going before that. Get on quick if you believe it.http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/next-manager-to-leave-post[/quote]

dearie methey know he is going to be sacked so they continue to take bets !at 8-1 ! !

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

I think you hit the nail on the head. Hughton is easy to work with. That was a crazy reason, which I think could be true, to let a great manager go and even Chelski learned their lesson with Mourinho eventually. Go for a man that gets results and NOT a mr nice guy !!![/quote]

That is so simplistic and is just manipulating what could have happened to fit an agenda.

If what you''re suggesting contains any truth then all this "in |Bowkett and McNally we trust" is ridiculous. I''d rather have Doncaster and Munby back than executive directors who employ football mangers because they are yes men. Get a grip Moyo!!

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="Making Plans"]You can still get 20-1 with William Hill for Hughton to be the first PL manager sacked. Odds are as low as 8-1 with Sky and shortening - perhaps they know something.If it''s going to happen tomorrow then I can''t see any other Manager going before that. Get on quick if you believe it.http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/next-manager-to-leave-post[/quote]

dearie methey know he is going to be sacked so they continue to take bets !at 8-1 ! !

[/quote]

It''s my half-crown that caused that City1st....

Whatever sort of people run Sky Bet?

I might up another 5 bob at 8''s. If I put that in the Woolwich I''m unlikely to get a return much above 1/100[;)]

I might up another 5 bob at 8''s. If I put that in the Woolwich I''m unlikely to get a return much above 1/100[;)]

[/quote]
People who know Di Canio is on a stickier wicket.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

“Paul did an amazing job for us…but with Paul you get a package. You get an outstanding football manager, but he is ruthlessly ambitious and possibly the most impatient man I have ever met!”

Bowkett may have meant that it in effect came to the same thing.

[/quote]

I stand corrected Purple. Those were the words he used. However the significance wasn''t really the words but the body language and intonation. The second time Bowket''s body language asnd intonation was the same but I believe the words were something like "after last time the lawyers have told me not to say anything"

lets face it football fans are not the most intelligent demographic. A bbc report at the start of the season found that changing the manager did not make any difference to the outcome as clubs return to the mean average position governed by their financial position regardless of the manager which is 17th in the case of NCFC. Unfortunately, there are some NCFC fans due to the poor education standards in the county and the relatively low levels of genetic diversity that are unable to grasp this reality. It is laughable if it were not so sad that the critics say CH is clueless based on pure speculation and completely different team selections. There are 4 stages of learning: unconcious incompetence, concious incompetence, concious competence and unconcious incompetence. The posters on here have no professional playing experience or professional coaching qualifications and are therefore unconciously incompetent in their views.

[quote user="Schlong Connery"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]
People who know Di Canio is on a stickier wicket.

[/quote]

I would think already being sacked last night would be pretty sticky ....

[quote user="T"]lets face it football fans are not the most intelligent demographic. A bbc report at the start of the season found that changing the manager did not make any difference to the outcome as clubs return to the mean average position governed by their financial position regardless of the manager which is 17th in the case of NCFC. Unfortunately, there are some NCFC fans due to the poor education standards in the county and the relatively low levels of genetic diversity that are unable to grasp this reality. It is laughable if it were not so sad that the critics say CH is clueless based on pure speculation and completely different team selections. There are 4 stages of learning: unconcious incompetence, concious incompetence, concious competence and unconcious incompetence. The posters on here have no professional playing experience or professional coaching qualifications and are therefore unconciously incompetent in their views.[/quote]

you sound like you are from suffolkshouldn''t you be out nicking charity collection tins or something ?

Reply to an Existing Message

The message you are replying to: Re: HUGHTON SACKED.

pink''un » Have Your Say » Main Discussion... » Re: HUGHTON SACKED.

T wrote the following post at 2013-09-22 5:37 PM:

lets face it football fans are not the most intelligent demographic. A bbc report at the start of the season found that changing the manager did not make any difference to the outcome as clubs return to the mean average position governed by their financial position regardless of the manager which is 17th in the case of NCFC. Unfortunately, there are some NCFC fans due to the poor education standards in the county and the relatively low levels of genetic diversity that are unable to grasp this reality. It is laughable if it were not so sad that the critics say CH is clueless based on pure speculation and completely different team selections. There are 4 stages of learning: unconcious incompetence, concious incompetence, concious competence and unconcious incompetence. The posters on here have no professional playing experience or professional coaching qualifications and are therefore unconciously incompetent in their views.

That my friend is very discriminatory against Norfolk people!