Sign in to follow this  
bringbackchippy

HUGHTON SACKED.

He seems to have lost the confidence of a lot of the players. Tactics are poor, team selection is poor and using the argument that the new players need time to bed in, is, I think, incorrect. Hooper came closest to scoring (what a shock- he''s averaged 30 odd goals for the last 3 seasons) Fer was many people''s MOM and nobody could fault Ricky''s running and endeavour. The new players looked good. They don''t need bedding in. Some of the more established players have had their toes trodden on and have thrown their toys. No leadership.

Time to go before its too late

OP, when you said "announced tomorrow" were you aware of which side of midnight it was when you posted? As in, do we expect this to happen on Sunday or Monday? Also, how do you know? ha

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]If true, that''s really harsh! Basically sacked off 2 results! I could understand if we were on 0 from 5 games but we''re on 4 from 5, a win at Stoke, we''re back on track with 7 from 6 and that makes up to 45 points over a year. Who would be his replacement?[/quote]

It''s not 2 results. Look at the form since Xmas, it''s relegation form.

Has the OP had inside information before from the boardroom, as opposed to on-field stuff? If the board has met and sacked Hughton that would almost certainly be announced straight away (ie already), ahead of any leaks. If there is a meeting tomorrow then it has to be guesswork (educated or otherwise) as to how the seven directors might vote.

If you take a look at all the games.The 10 game unbeaten run is actually the "blip" I mean it''s a very very good "blip" but without that our record is awful.

PurpleCanary wrote the following post at 22/09/2013 9:06 AM:

Has the OP had inside information before from the boardroom, as opposed to on-field stuff? If the board has met and sacked Hughton that would almost certainly be announced straight away (ie already), ahead of any leaks. If there is a meeting tomorrow then it has to be guesswork (educated or otherwise) as to how the seven directors might vote.

There is a very good chance that the board will meet tomorrow, presumably all sorts of options will be tabled, sack the manager now, give him more time and some sort of short term target, look to see what else can be done to help him, offer him a bonus and a pat on the back for our results so far this season.

The likely outcome I suspect will be try and help him Improve things, the problem with that though is that he needs to understand what the problems are and have a strategy to turn it round!,

Would be nice to be a fly on the wall.

[quote user=" Badger"]If we wait a few weeks I am sure that D1 Canio might be available.[/quote]That would be like replacing someone like Nigel Worthington with someone like Peter Grant.  Surely we''d never do that?

Look how many are on this thread. Has your hero changed??!

Never has been any good. Got lucky a few times that''s all.

With pretty much the whole Barclay shouting "you don''t know what you''re doing" after the double substitution.

Think the board must be embarrassed to hear that.

Also will add. Lambert made a sub before our double change.

1-0 up and brings another striker on helenius

That''s how confident he was of winning that game.

Says it all

Just what can the board do to help him turn it around ?. With the transfer window closed until January we can''t sign another player. The board does not contain any more knowledge of football than an average fan. Maybe we need a senior figure to help him, an Alex Ferguson, Yes! a Joe Kinnear, No!. Is Chris Hughton the type of man to take advice, would it even help.? . I suspect that he will stay for the rest of the year but will it be too late ?. HUGHTON FOR IRELAND. the perfect solution and provides us with compensation!

[quote user="Wolf"]PurpleCanary wrote the following post at 22/09/2013 9:06 AM: Has the OP had inside information before from the boardroom, as opposed to on-field stuff? If the board has met and sacked Hughton that would almost certainly be announced straight away (ie already), ahead of any leaks. If there is a meeting tomorrow then it has to be guesswork (educated or otherwise) as to how the seven directors might vote. There is a very good chance that the board will meet tomorrow, presumably all sorts of options will be tabled, sack the manager now, give him more time and some sort of short term target, look to see what else can be done to help him, offer him a bonus and a pat on the back for our results so far this season. The likely outcome I suspect will be try and help him Improve things, the problem with that though is that he needs to understand what the problems are and have a strategy to turn it round!, Would be nice to be a fly on the wall.[/quote]

Just by way of purely idle speculation , the contractual situation is a bit different to the previous sackings for two reasons. One is that CH has a three contract  with two years left , the other managers had rolling contracts so quantum was possibly a little clearer with Roeder and Worthy.  CH may possibly have a clause or two that needs further discussions, Worthy and Roeder was much easier with League Managers Association contracts. The other is the old tried and tested compromise agreement that Roeder and Worthy signed which is why neither of them said anything after they went. These are far harder to enforce now, and in fact are now Settlement Agreements. In Worthy and Roeders day you couldnt even mention that the agreement exisited.

I''m not entirely sure what point I am making except that negotiations with CH will almost certainly take longer than Worthy or Roeder who was relatively simple. Sign the CA and take your years money.

I wonder if the Irish job is involved in any way?  that could be a win win for all concerned

We all love a damn good conspiracy theory and it could just be possible that they are thrashing out a deal as we speak.

You can still get 20-1 with William Hill for Hughton to be the first PL manager sacked. Odds are as low as 8-1 with Sky and shortening - perhaps they know something.If it''s going to happen tomorrow then I can''t see any other Manager going before that. Get on quick if you believe it.http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/next-manager-to-leave-post

Im actually sick of Roeder the II now, sick to death of him and his bleeding Long Balls. Im guessing he must think there are pit traps and landmines in the middle of the park , because none of our players are allowed to use it !!!

[quote user="i hate 1p5wich"]hope its true Chris . i know you have good inside info. . hope its someone like di matteo . respects on the ball city[/quote]Anybody with an attacking philosophy will be better than Hughton. As everybody knows, I wanted Holloway because to me he plays football the Norwich way. I also wanted Martinez and look where Everton are now in the Prem. He has to go NOW as we cannot afford to drop any more points through not trying to win. Look how Hull and Southampton did yesterday. They do not go into games being grateful for a point. They know if they try they can WIN and we know that we have the players that can score goals and win but Hughton will not let them. Fingers crossed the board will do what needs to be done ASAP so we can go and beat Stoke rather than lose 1-0.  

If we go to Stoke with the 3 stooges in charge that''ll be another 3 points gone.

Wg be nice if the OP came back to elaborate on this, for all we know he could have posted after coming home from a night on the sauce!

Yes because then we could fill our boots on the 20/1 Bill Hill''s are currently offering on Hughton to be the next manager sacked. The poster has a good record of posting accurately. But I haven''t got money to throw around.

Decisions, decisions....

McNally was ruthless with Gunn and he was sacked off the back of a 4-1 win over Yeovil and after being allowed to sign 11 players or thereabouts if Im not mistaken. Difference is Gunn wasnt McNally''s choice. When Hughton was appointed, both McNally and Bowkett said he was their number 1 target from the off. It all happened quite quickly and we paid Birmingham their compensation with little quibble (though that was probably to appear gentlemanly in the wake of the Lambert thing) - so I would imagine this was true. People are saying it is 5 games, but it isnt really is it - its 40-odd games. Norwich have been built by their fan-base, not a mega-rich owner, so the board will recognise the importance of the losing the fans. The boos and the chants at the Redmond substitution must have been uncomfortable for all. Hopefully those who were present for the Worthy execution would not want such ugly scenes again and might have come to the conclusion moving swiftly would be in everyones best interests. Id still be surprised if it were true though. I just wonder if the Ireland vacancy comes into it at all. If he left for that job would we not be due compensation and would he not for-go his? Sacking him wouldnt be a great short-term financial decision. Suggesting strongly he apply for the Ireland job could be their angle. I feel sorry for him, he seems a very nice man. But there are too many things wrong. If he does go, we should thank him for his efforts nonetheless, not vilify him like we have Roeder. He doesnt deserve that

Good post Mass debater, he doesnt deserve to be vilified at all and i believe the booing yesterday was out of frustration with the teams style of play over a long period of time rather than the sub, that just gave them a convenient stick to beat him with. All of us wanted him to be a success but that is looking less and less likely. Yes he comes across as a genuine nice guy but nice guy or not if he isnt doing the job and could cost the club our PL status then he has to go. I would love it if he could turn it around but does anyone honestly believe he will? Please prove me wrong Chris.

Hughton was appointed very quickly after Lambert went. Rumour has it that he was already lined up before Lamber went. Did Lambert go or was he pushed?

Blind faith in anyone seems crazy but especially in McNally. There''s a school of thought that if Bowkett and McNally didn''t push Lambert out of the door thenb they held it open for him. But it would be naieve to think these two can act without the full backing of the board.

Bearing all that in mind this is far from a Bryan Gunn situation.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Yes because then we could fill our boots on the 20/1 Bill Hill''s are currently offering on Hughton to be the next manager sacked. The poster has a good record of posting accurately. But I haven''t got money to throw around.

Decisions, decisions....

[/quote]

Yes Nutty that''s the trouble with these b*stards putting rumours up on here [:D]

If the OP is right it''s a good opportunity to relieve Billy Hill of a few quid but if he has been sacked surely it would be announced today ? As far as I can remember the Sabbath''s never been off limits.......