Sign in to follow this  
bringbackchippy

HUGHTON SACKED.

You''ve come up with the goods before Chippy so maybe the whole penalty fiasco was the final straw for David McNally - but who on earth would we bring in? I could see Neil Adams taking temporary control if this were to happen...

Chippy indeed has a good record, Eddie - he''s produced on here over the years so I can believe it. I would feel for Hughton, but from looking at the body language from the players today I get the impression something just isn''t right behind the scenes at FCR. I agree with your comments on another thread - Holt brought a leadership worth his weight in gold (if you listen to Rude Old, that''s a LOT of gold ;)), we were crying out today for a Grant-like figure to grab the bull by the horns and inspire the rest of the lads to 3 points.

[quote user="ThatGirlFromNJ"]Is this legit? I didn''t see the game today, but I heard that everything that could have gone wrong, did. Is he really out?[/quote]

We will see but, while Chippy doesn''t post frequently, he has been around for a while and  has credibility from the past.

If true, that''s really harsh! Basically sacked off 2 results! I could understand if we were on 0 from 5 games but we''re on 4 from 5, a win at Stoke, we''re back on track with 7 from 6 and that makes up to 45 points over a year. Who would be his replacement?

I''m not sure on this. Checked on Twitter and it appears to be random people saying "I hear it from a good source" but no one seems to know who the good source is. Will await this with baited breath.

It is true chippy has came up with the goods and thank fuck if he is sacked

5 wins from 26 games.

A very shit away record.

Poor performances resulting in us not being able to string passes together

3 losses from 5 games

Tactically Inept

1 Goal in 4 games

Demoralised team

Think thats about it

It''s gotta be more than the slow start to the season if it''s true. Sad to say, but all signs indicate he''s lost the dressing room. And without Grant Holt to keep the team somewhat unified, others are speaking and acting out.

With the amount invested in attack this summer, the traditional 10 game trial can''t be tolerated with no hint that things are heading in the intended direction.

Would be surprised if this is true but cant see how anyone could argue against the decision if it is cos we are awful and the players just don''t look like they believe in him.

If this is true who do people want in temporary charge? assuming that a replacement isn''t already lined up.

Neil Adams gets my vote.

Balls to temporary managers, it never really works (Di Matteo aside) if we are getting rid of Hughton after 5 games, we need someone in quick

The obvious flavour of the months at the moment would be the likes of Blackpool''s Ince, but I have a sneaking suspicion our next manager could be foreign. A Spaniard, Dutchman or maybe German... There is quality out there but I think currently we would have to look abroad.

Are we really going to sack the manager without the obligatory vote of confidence from the board first? You know, announce his job is safe, and a few weeks later following progressively worse showings, THEN fire him.

Depends if the decision was made straight after yesterdays game, was an early kick off. Hope its true cos he has run out of ideas.

Jimmy Smith wrote the following post at 2013-09-22 5:37 AM:

If true, that''s really harsh! Basically sacked off 2 results! I could understand if we were on 0 from 5 games but we''re on 4 from 5, a win at Stoke, we''re back on track with 7 from 6 and that makes up to 45 points over a year. Who would be his replacement?

C''mon jimmy, you really think we will get three points after the debacles at Hull and Spurs? And do you think 45 points will be enough this season to stay up? What it does mean is that we will be struggling all season at the bottom of the league!

[quote user="Death by Chocolate Starfish"]You let someone spend 28M and give him five games to bed in new players.........I very much doubt this is true.[/quote]Well, it''s Four league games longer than Gunn got.

Watching the away pemfomances of teams like Hull, Southampton and Villa in the 1st half yesterday on motd and you just couldnt see us doing the same things, attacking football with the intent of taking the points, it doesnt happen with Hughton. If this is true he has no one to blame but himself.

"can u sit down please"Lets fucking hope so. Clueless ponce.

Steady on old chap, he doesn''t deserve that sort of language. He''s not Roeder.