Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

look on the bright side!

look on the bright side! at least we get an extra 8 games next season, and no more prima donnas to watch like drogba and the rest of chelsea. we have 4 extra home games and the play offs to look forward to!

My fellow supporter

There are no bright sides today, we have been relegated, trips to Hull etc, I hope to god we bounce back but its not as easy as we think, last time it was 9 years and it is the hardest leauge to get out of...yes we can do it but today we had our chance and blew it, that is the naked and simple truth.

Today we were let down

St.John

There are lots of advantages of playing in the Championship. Sure we want to be in the Premiership but I''m sure we will all thoroughly enjoy next season getting back there - much more than we''ve enjoyed this season at least

what''s wrong with Hull? I have many fond memories of trips to loads of less than glamorous venues and some great times. It''s not all about getting thrashed by Chelsea you know! I enjoyed our promotion year very much and don''t see why we can''t look forward to another season like that. Stop being so negative, of course i am cheesed off but life goes on. The simple fact is that being a true footy fan is not just about big games against big clubs, don''t tell me you didn''t enjoy last seasons 4-4 vs Rotherham or 5-3 at Burnley? well i enjoyed it more than our 4-1 loss against Arsenal.

[quote]look on the bright side! at least we get an extra 8 games next season, and no more prima donnas to watch like drogba and the rest of chelsea. we have 4 extra home games and the play offs to look forwa...[/quote]

Did you think that on Sunday morning??????

Last time we went down we were in serious financial trouble. At least this time we''ll be able to hang onto our best players and the ones that do go (Francis, I''m looking at you), will help us buy better ones.
As I see it, we''ll be challenging with Soton and Palace for auto promotion.

Sorry but there are many bright sides from yesterdays match - if we were offered the opportunity of having fate in our own hands on the last day of the season we would have grabbed it from day one - six weeks ago we were 250-1 against staying up - yesterday was worse than a cup match as anything other than a victory was likely to end in relegation - for that reason alone our suicidal attack at all costs philosophy was the right one - even at 1-0 down we could not afford to sit back and hope to nick a draw - we would still have been relegated.

Bright sides.

1. I was in the Fulham end of the Ground and the massed ranks in the away end were simply magnificent throughout the game. At Kick off I remarked to my group that the fulham fans were nervous and we were having a party. The chants of "five nil and you still don''t sing" and the fact that near the end of the game I think the Fulham fans sang "we love you Norwich" was great.
  2. The Premiership needs us more than we need them. whilst there are some clubs where naturally the attendance has been lower we have had on average 200 more fans at every away ground than each clubs average attendance - bearing in mind we had no local derby nor major rivalry are the most remote club in the country with the worst transport infrastructure and were "little old Norwich" this is fantastic.
  3. We have played exciting adventurous football all season - we would have stayed up if we had not had the nightmare injuries from December to March.
  4. Despite the appalling treatment of the game and more especially the fans on MOTD yesterdays finish to a season is unlikely to be repeated in the future - next Season Pompey, Fulham and Wigan will be targeted to be three of the four - (South Coast and remote, unfashionable and small gound, and who?"
  5. We have Delia and a unique club to support - sure we will have to go to Hull and back to get promoted next season but the players that stay will believe we can do it - I am sure a sizeable re-promotion bonus will be on the table as that will be in the business plan.
  6. I''d rather watch open honest football games than cynical 1-0 survival tactics we will not change and if the premiership doesn''t it will die.

City til I die!

[quote]look on the bright side! at least we get an extra 8 games next season, and no more prima donnas to watch like drogba and the rest of chelsea. we have 4 extra home games and the play offs to look forwa...[/quote]

Mate! You''re having a laugh! Playoffs? No way! We will be going for automatic promotion

I do not know what world you all live in, Hull was an example, it is not like i have anything against them.  Can you not see we had our destiny in our hands, we could be playing the likes of Chelsea if we had won, but we missed our chance, choked, what ever you want to say. That is the truth and if you can honestly say you are more excited about drawing with Rotherham 4-4 last season than seeing us play at Highbury it is a sad day for football. I want to see Norwich win and compete but at the highest level,not a lower league, with your attitudes and if your argument is to be followed we might as well play in the conference....  we would win most of our games we would not lose much and we could all have fun going around the country to small clubs.  Better than losing 4-1 to Arsenal?.....................I think not!

St.John