Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

Birmingham and Newcastle

He ticked quite well on the whole last season, we''re just on a slightly ropey start, far too early to start drawing conclusions, it could still go either way.

He was extremely close to the players at Newcastle by all accounts, particularly Nolan who was captain. You saw this when his job was on the line and the players thumped Sunderland 5-1 for him. At Birmingham again the players adored him. I think the key difference maybe that both were ''crisis clubs'' at the time. Newcastle and Birmingham had been relegated and were on the floor with financial issues, ownership issues and he managed to foster a spirit. At Norwich he came into a club which was flying over the previous 3 seasons and a very stable situation off the pitch. I think his brief was to keep us up and sure-up the defence which he did and the signing of Seb was a master-stroke. However, this is the first time he has really been tested. I''m sure he didn''t have the same back room staff at Newcastle although I could be wrong. The chemistry is certainly not the same although I strongly backed his appointment based on his previous.

"but apparently not at ours".....

''apparently'' - appearing as much but not necessarily so

Oh dear Reading. What''s happened to your vehement defence of all things Hughton?

Seems to me you''re worming your way on to the fence....ready to jump whichever side the groundswell of opinion wins out.

You and your ilk have been a blight on this board for weeks. What was it like when you woke up and smelt the coffee?

other than the 10 game run i''m not really sure he''s ever clicked here.

he''s Alienated large sections of the squad over both seasons he''s been in charge. Fox, Holt, Becchio, Butterfield, Surman, (Getting that way with Ollson i should imagine also.) three of those he''s signed so can''t blame the previous regime.

The worst performances of the last 5 years have all been under Hughton.

No, this is wrong. They still love him up in the North East and Birmingham now flirt with relegation in the Championship so his reign is seen as a high watermark in comparison. I know Pardew finished 5th but he has never been accepted by a large section of the fan base because he''s a Londoner etc in the same way Houghton was. You must also remember that he took over two premiership clubs who were relegated which gave him an edge in terms of playing staff over his rivals in the Championship.

[quote user="unique"]"but apparently not at ours".....

''apparently'' - appearing as much but not necessarily so

Oh dear Reading. What''s happened to your vehement defence of all things Hughton?

Seems to me you''re worming your way on to the fence....ready to jump whichever side the groundswell of opinion wins out.

You and your ilk have been a blight on this board for weeks. What was it like when you woke up and smelt the coffee?[/quote]

Err I am merely asking a question.From all my posts you can see that I am still very much behind the manager but acknowledge not much is changing performance / results wisePersonally believe it''s sensible to stand back and view situations from afar before making up your mind as to whether something is going well or not.If in the next few games the performances continue to be poor then of course I will change my opinion.Because I''m not a stubborn idiot.

"Personally believe it''s sensible to stand back and view situations from

afar before making up your mind as to whether something is going well or

not"

so how much further are you away from the rest of us ?does it help if fans sit at the back of the Barclay rather than the front ?or maybe in the kitchen looking through a serving hatch at a live stream ?