Sign in to follow this  
ncfcstar

Darel Russell and Gary Hooper

Almost 4 years ago to the day (26th September 2009) a few of us made the trip down to Gillingham.  It was a hot early autumn day and Lambert was struggling to get the team kick started, a few results hadn''t gone our way (Leeds away for example) and we were stuttering.  Cue Fraser Forster getting sent off early on, from what I can remember was a foul but the ball had already been out of the control of the attacker, which was Simeon if I remember right, it should have been a yellow.  The fans thought everything was going against us again, and Simeon scored the pen.For the rest of that match we knocked on the door, although had to brave a few scares.  Then this happened:GOALThat was in the 97th minute, it kick started our season and was, in my opinion, the pivotal moment for our rise through the divisions.  I haven''t celebrated a goal like that since.Last night seemed to be in the same vein.  We kept knocking on the door but the ball wouldn''t fall for us or we kept giving it away, whilst at the other end we were hit with two sucker punches.  Only for a 95th minute goal to rescue the draw and force the game into ET.  Could Gary Hooper have kick started our season?  There are definitely shades of September 2009.

Whilst I get your point, and hope you''re right, surely you celebrated Simeon''s goal against Derby a lot more wildly?!