Sign in to follow this  
Albyella

Hooper's movement

The guy is class, there is no doubting that. Apart from his work-rate throughout the match, his running off the ball was very impressive - I was starting to think that he may be too intelligent with his runs for the guys we have supplying the ball, until his winner when Fer put an inch-perfect pass through which split the defence and Hooper calmly slotted home.

Not trying to gush here, but he is strong and holds the ball and certainly not afraid to go where it hurts - I can see why CH and DM pushed the boat out to get him...he will undoubtedly be a Carrow Road legend.

It''s time to start playing to these guys'' strengths (he and RvW). They''re looking to make runs and we''re too dithering in our forward play to take advantage of it. As a defender if you''ve got both of the forwards making runs they''re going to be a real handful, but we have to play to their strengths.

I have to agree.  He was caught offside a lot and to us the decisions looked dubious but then we were behind the box.  Did anyone watching a stream think the lino was getting them right ?

I think it has taken a bit of time for Fer etc to get used to the way Hooper and RVW play to provide the balls in the right place.  It was certainly starting to click last night.  They need more game time on the pitch together.

Another thing Hooper does is run for the near post cross, which obviously gave the equalizer.  Our wingers need to learn to put the ball in early to that area - when he darts in, he gets a yard on the defender but if the ball is delayed the defender can cover back, and you only get a fraction of a second.  I noticed this happening at least once in extra time when Hooper had made the run and was free but the ball didn''t come in until a few moments later.