Sign in to follow this  
Martin Bryant

Chilax

Ive just had a look at some posts on here. Please everyone dont forget- Norwich, compared to other teams in this league are a small club. We are still new to the premiership - we have finished mid-table the past 2 seasons.

We have spent big money this year.. but so has almost every other club.

Norwich will not win every game. Villa will not win every game. Even Man utd will not win every game.

We will not finish 5th this year then win the league the year after as some people seem to expect and assume is our birthright.

If we scored the penalty against Villa we probably would have won the game.

Football is like this.

I hope this makes some kind of sense, I just hate reading people bleeting about how Norwich should be winning every game or playing better etc... they are trying but dont forget every single other club is trying too.. only 1 can win. Sometimes it will be us, sometimes it wont.

:)

completely agree my only grip is that Snoddy should not have been allowed to take that pen he is bang out of form & someone, namely the manager should have over ruled him....would he have taken it if Holt was still here??....that pen goes in & we then go on to win the game, very few people would be calling for the Manager to be sacked!!....Football is a funny old game.

Martin, completely agree with you. I am frustrated and hurt by the loss to Villa, as I think we didn''t deserve to lose. I''m angry at Snodgrass, ''cause he wasn''t the designated pen taker and his pen was cr@p.

But I''m a fan of City and I accept that in football, you win some and you lose some.

I think we will be a lot better after we find our feet with the team, I can see hooper and RVW playing together which is a very exciting partnership imo. I still predict 11th as our finishing position

glad to see people agree ;-) there are some of us who remain sensible!

re the first reply- i went for a walk .. but in gta5... the trouble with a monday off work is that ive spent all day playing it .. blerrrg! need fresh air :)

"I just hate reading people bleeting about how Norwich should be winning every game"

perhaps you could point out to us all where anyone has EVER said that

....or playing better etc.yes how dare those who pay their money suggest such stuff

as to Chilax ...........................oh dear

[quote user="Martin Bryant"]glad to see people agree ;-) there are some of us who remain sensible!

re the first reply- i went for a walk .. but in gta5... the trouble with a monday off work is that ive spent all day playing it .. blerrrg! need fresh air :)[/quote]Well at least you didn''t spend all day reading posts on here.................I should know better too!!!

[quote user="Martin Bryant"]Ive just had a look at some posts on here. Please everyone dont forget- Norwich, compared to other teams in this league are a small club. We are still new to the premiership - we have finished mid-table the past 2 seasons.

We have spent big money this year.. but so has almost every other club.

Norwich will not win every game. Villa will not win every game. Even Man utd will not win every game.

We will not finish 5th this year then win the league the year after as some people seem to expect and assume is our birthright.

If we scored the penalty against Villa we probably would have won the game.

Football is like this.

I hope this makes some kind of sense, I just hate reading people bleeting about how Norwich should be winning every game or playing better etc... they are trying but dont forget every single other club is trying too.. only 1 can win. Sometimes it will be us, sometimes it wont.

:)[/quote]
I''m sorry, I hugely disagree with this statement. If you have read why most of the people on here are upset it is due to the lack of attacking intent, which we would need to show to suggest trying to win a game. What away games have you seen where we are trying to win?
I also find your comment of being one of the "sensible" ones quite deluded. No one on here who has a different opinion on either side is more sensible than another. We play dour and predictable football. I know we''d take results and crap football over great performances and losses, but right now we aren''t capable of even grinding out 1-0 results like last season against United, Stoke or Arsenal. Mostly because we almost never keep clean sheets, and on top of that the one thing we did have, which was a team full of goals,  has had the focused shifted to an average defence mindset.
I just see no evidence of a progression from last season. Maybe you do, and I''m just not seeing it when I watch the games and the standard of football we play. We haven''t looked a Prem side in quite some time, so if there''s something you feel I and others who are saying the same as me are missing, please feel free to share with us what it is that you see.... 

[quote user="SeattleCanary"]
I just see no evidence of a progression from last season. Maybe you do, and I''m just not seeing it when I watch the games and the standard of football we play. We haven''t looked a Prem side in quite some time, so if there''s something you feel I and others who are saying the same as me are missing, please feel free to share with us what it is that you see.... 
[/quote]Yeah, two spring to mind.Firstly, no progression from last season? The one where we finished 11th? How much progress do you expect from a club with our resources!!?Secondly, five games into last season we were only one place better off than we are now and had only three points on the table. Again, that season finished alright for us, did it not? And three of those saw two losses and a draw against teams that would ultimately finish below us (Fulham, QPR and Newcastle). Was there any reason to believe then that we would finish so high up the table?If it happened before; why is it so hard to believe that it could happen again?

[quote user="Chip20"][quote user="SeattleCanary"]
[/quote]Yeah, two spring to mind.Firstly, no progression from last season? The one where we finished 11th? How much progress do you expect from a club with our resources!!?Secondly, five games into last season we were only one place better off than we are now and had only three points on the table. Again, that season finished alright for us, did it not? And three of those saw two losses and a draw against teams that would ultimately finish below us (Fulham, QPR and Newcastle). Was there any reason to believe then that we would finish so high up the table?If it happened before; why is it so hard to believe that it could happen again?[/quote]

agreed and agreed.. this isnt football manager(c) .. we have made progression but so do most other clubs.. you cant expect them to all sit still and let us progress past them?

as for the use of the word "chilax" i do so in jest.. id never say that in real life!

re the earlier comment saying Norwich dont show enough attacking etc.. this is because they need to be defensive minded a lot of the time, you cant just chuck 6 players up the field every few minutes.

Im not expect and dont pretend to be, no offence intended by saying im a "Sensible one" everyone is entitled to an opinion - which is why i do enjoy this forum sometimes ;)

[quote user="Martin Bryant"][quote user="Chip20"][quote user="SeattleCanary"]
[/quote]Yeah, two spring to mind.Firstly, no progression from last season? The one where we finished 11th? How much progress do you expect from a club with our resources!!?Secondly, five games into last season we were only one place better off than we are now and had only three points on the table. Again, that season finished alright for us, did it not? And three of those saw two losses and a draw against teams that would ultimately finish below us (Fulham, QPR and Newcastle). Was there any reason to believe then that we would finish so high up the table?If it happened before; why is it so hard to believe that it could happen again?[/quote]

agreed and agreed.. this isnt football manager(c) .. we have made progression but so do most other clubs.. you cant expect them to all sit still and let us progress past them?

as for the use of the word "chilax" i do so in jest.. id never say that in real life!

re the earlier comment saying Norwich dont show enough attacking etc.. this is because they need to be defensive minded a lot of the time, you cant just chuck 6 players up the field every few minutes.

Im not expect and dont pretend to be, no offence intended by saying im a "Sensible one" everyone is entitled to an opinion - which is why i do enjoy this forum sometimes ;)[/quote]Defensive minded!? Where was the teams collective defensive minds at when Villa scored on Saturday? I keep hearing this supposed defensive mindset has been instilled,but with very little evidence to show that it is actually working!Add to that  the tactics employed make it difficult to see where a goal is coming from,and you have there a recipe for widespread dissatisfaction amongst the support,and ultimately relegation.

I see where you''re coming from. I wish it was as black and white as that. Reality is we''ve won 5 games in the last 26. Is that really justifiable? Two of our last wins from last season (which kept us up) and gave us a high league position came from teams who were basically on holiday. As much as I would like to believe in Hughton and understand that our expectations shouldn''t be OTT many of us fans are just looking at the facts here. A better record than our current one isn''t too much to ask for and yet time again Hughton fails to deliver, that''s just how it is. I would love to support him and believe that he can turn it around, but you can''t blame people for loosing hope. Fans pay their money, they have every right to be upset about current affairs, because the facts, performances and results are there for everyone to see.

to be fair i also get why people arent happy. I just think looking at the league and the money spent the top 8 are in a league of their own, the rest of us will all scrabble around between 9th and 17th... and there wont be much difference come the end of the season...

we will lose more games than we win but that is the same for most clubs...

its a shame but thats the reality. I know we all want better performances and last night (watford) showed how poor we can be.... just not sure i see another option at the moment, apart from bankrupting the club with more players and grabbing some panic choice manager... di canio is available?!

either way, Football manager 2014 is out in a month so ill show everyone how its done (playing grant holt till hes 40)