Sign in to follow this  
Green and Yellow fellow

Pessimism or Realism?

Call me pessimistic but I''d rather base my opinion on Hughton when Norwich play a good Stoke side on Saturday instead of a poor Watford side like last night.

A team like us, 3rd year running in the EPL, the money we''ve received has help us to build a much better squad than Watford. That''s our advantage, so to loose against a Watford side who have made 8 changes from their first team would really be a abysmal result. Thankfully we won, after conceding two goals and winning in extra time.

I don''t think our ''anti Hughton out'' fans should be so overjoyed with that result, because Glen Roeder with our players Vs Watfords would still be expected to win.

On the other hand, lets see if this win brings some momentum and positive morale within our squad. Lets see if we can build on this or see weather it will be the same old disappointing away performance which we have seen just about enough times in the EPL.

Even if we loose on Saturday, I think the manner in which we loose will be very important. It''s a big game for Hughton, if we get the "same old" back at Stoke then I''m certain he will be very close to loosing his job (if he doesn''t loose it then).

Credit to Hughton, the introductions of Murphy and Fer changed the game, but the way some were going on you''d have thought we had just beaten Barca to reach the Champions League final.

Quote: "Even if we loose on Saturday, I think the manner in which we loose will be very important. It''s a big game for Hughton, if we get the "same old" back at Stoke then I''m certain he will be very close to loosing his job (if he doesn''t loose it then)"

This. This all day long.

[quote user="FleckMillwall"]Quote: "Even if we loose on Saturday, I think the manner in which we loose will be very important. It''s a big game for Hughton, if we get the "same old" back at Stoke then I''m certain he will be very close to loosing his job (if he doesn''t loose it then)"

This. This all day long.[/quote]I think you mean ''lose'' and I hope we are not ''loose'' with our defending on Saturday.  [;)]    We have the squad to win so why not try to win rather than going for a drab draw. Attack and put the opposition on the back foot rather than conceding initiative by dour defensiveness from the outset. Go for another defensive draw and I want Hughton out even more.

"I''d rather base my opinion on Hughton when Norwich play a good Stoke side on Saturday"

Dammit, I''d been planning for a Sunday kickoff. I must be disorganised as a Houghton midfield. Thanks for the headsup, buddy!