Sign in to follow this  
Yobocop

Biggest flops in the Premier League era

Where does RVW rate in the biggest flops and biggest wastes of money since the Premier League era?

What''s a preightt?

Whatever it is clearly several places behind you, you''re not allowed to keep the trophy either...

He''s had plenty of chances so far:

> Tottenham away needed too many touches

> 2 glorious chances on Saturday f''ed then both up

8.5 million and he can''t even control a ball...it''s not stupid when it''s worth discussing

[quote user="refjezdavies"]Where does RVW rate in the biggest flops and biggest wastes of money since the Premier League era?[/quote]
You can not judge him on how we are playing and the lack of supply he is getting. For one he is a strike that needs through balls or balls crossed from the byline, he almost scored one this way at the weekend. We are constantly floating balls into the box or passing the ball back to Garrido for example and crossing the ball from deep, this is not his game or how he gets his goals. Personally I think if Olsson was playing you would see more threat from RVW since Olsson is a wing back who will offer himself on the overlap and get balls into the box from the byline for RVW or Hooper for that matter to run onto.
To say he is a flop they way we have been playing tactically and the chances we have been creating lately is stupid IMO.

5 games... wow! He even has a goal already, so he''s above Diego Forlan. He''s also been involved in a victory so he''s better than Gareth Bale for the next 20 games at least... deary me!

The one on Saturday was similar to hoopers. He knew little about it. He is getting in positions. With the right supply chances will be taken.

His volley on sat from snoddys cross was unlucky. A good effort.

He has received 97 passes in 5 games. That sums up the supply.

[quote user="refjezdavies"]Who knows he might turn things around at the moment he is firmly in the ''flop'' camp[/quote]
No words..........................
Oh but also look at Robin van Persie stats when he first came to the PL, season one 26 games 5 goals second season 24 games 5 goals, he was a flop too... Judge him after his second season or so IMO. With the right supply and play style he will score goals of that I have no doubt.

[quote user="refjezdavies"]Who knows he might turn things around at the moment he is firmly in the ''flop'' camp[/quote]

in your opinion.

With the greatest of respect, this is an extraordinary comment. The Wolf is proven and will be mustard, lets face it, even the best strikers in the world would be struggling in our side at the minute given the lack of quality in the final third. He''s a box player and so is Hooper which is great if the balls into the said box are half-way decent. The runs being made and the movement suggest he''s going to be great, its the tepid lame appraoch owkr at times which is stifling him. If he still hasn''t scored many after 20 games then we can start talking about Henrik Mortsensen mark two.

With all due respect to your excellently thought out point coupled with research

Van Persie could control a football van dogsdick can''t

To be fair big David Stihavka scored 1 goal in about 8 appearances most of them off the bench and eveyone here considers him a flop, yet he only cost us 200K for a 6 month loan.

Seriously, RVW has arrived with a big tag for us and a good record, given time he will end up on double figures this year and his movement in impressive.

Given the substandard delivery on Saturday by most players, even RVP wouldn''t have scored!

I do think that some people on here have fallen in love with Elmander who in my opiniond is utterly useless and was even ten years ago, only playing with Zlatan in the national team has elevated him to some sort of decent player internationally, but even Jamie lad would have done a good job alongside Zlatan.

No movement, no pace and no idea, I would rather play Becchio than Elmander.

Will he ever get many chances playing in this team though , i believe Hughton thought upgrading the strikers meant that when that one chance a game came along it would be taken , not working out is it . In truth we may as well have saved £13 million and been playing Becchio and Jackson because we certainly do not look any better up top .

[quote user="can u sit down please"]The one on Saturday was similar to hoopers. He knew little about it. He is getting in positions. With the right supply chances will be taken.

He has received 97 passes in 5 games. That sums up the supply.[/quote]

Yes. Both were instinctive but because of their movement and being in the right place at the right time. At the speed the game is played balls into the box are not aimed at players. They are put into areas. I''ve seen enough from Hooper and Wolf to believe their movement will get them space in the right areas.

But you do realise Danny that on another day both those efforts would have gone in and we''d have won the game at least 2-1 which was probably what our play deserved?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="can u sit down please"]The one on Saturday was similar to hoopers. He knew little about it. He is getting in positions. With the right supply chances will be taken.

Yes. Both were instinctive but because of their movement and being in the right place at the right time. At the speed the game is played balls into the box are not aimed at players. They are put into areas. I''ve seen enough from Hooper and Wolf to believe their movement will get them space in the right areas.

But you do realise Danny that on another day both those efforts would have gone in and we''d have won the game at least 2-1 which was probably what our play deserved?

[/quote]

Again Nige, I can''t disagree.

The only problem is, we seem to be having a lot of these days that are full of "ifs".

Hull - if the ref had been better and if we had created more.

Spurs - if it had been another day we could''ve had something

Villa - if we had scored the pen and took our chances

That''s without even talking about te "ifs" from last yr. I''m a believer in you make your own luck.

Completely agree with you Jez, £8.5m and has only scored 1 goal in 5 games. A disgrace! He''s had the ball passed to him at least 90 odd times already, so he should at least be in double figures for the season by now, Norwich should be 6 points clear at the top and RVW should have already secured this years Footbal Writers and PFA player of the season award. Sell him as soon as possible I say, in fact why not just terminate his contract with immediate effect and get him of our books. Then we could use that money to sign you up and that''d solve all of the clubs problems wouldn''t it?And I bet you thought that you had a monopoly on the most ridiculous statements ever, huh Jez?

I agree both RvW and Hoops will get into good positions.   The problem right now is the rest of the team understanding their movement and stepping up to their level of quality in actually finding them.

At the mo the only play who I think can do that from a central position is Wes (although Howson also has a good shout)   Time to give it a go methinks.

And while we have these options I do think we shoudl remain calm with the manager and watch results improve.  

I think the partnership of Hooper and RVW has to be given a go. Having two instinctive strikers to aim for will increase the chances we get and leave the defence a right handful to deal with.

Considering how few chances wolfy has had recently i''m amazed he has even got a goal.

Once the crosses start coming in accurately, or we start playing through the middle, watch him bang them in.

p.s I thought I was supposed to be a troll?

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Again Nige, I can''t disagree.

The only problem is, we seem to be having a lot of these days that are full of "ifs".

Hull - if the ref had been better and if we had created more.

Spurs - if it had been another day we could''ve had something

Villa - if we had scored the pen and took our chances

That''s without even talking about te "ifs" from last yr. I''m a believer in you make your own luck.[/quote]

We would never have got anything at Spurs. We didn''t have Hooper and RVW last year. Seems to me that we are in agreement so yolu have to bring up a load of unrelated stuff to pretend that we''re not.