Sign in to follow this  
It's Character Forming

Hooper offsides last night

Hooper was caught offside a lot last night.  From behind the goal we were dubious as a lot of them looked tight, but realistically you can''t say for sure a lino is wrong when you''re behind the goal.  I''m curious if anyone watching it online could see whether he was being flagged unfairly ?

It was a relief when he finally escaped a flag to run onto Fer''s superb pass.

Linesman was poor, went to the game with 2 impartial people (1 supports Man Utd and 1 supports Arsenal) who thought the same. Although I find it hard to judge offsides from the stands, he got other incidents wrong, especially right at the end when Fer kicked the ball towards the corner and it hit a Watford player on the way and the linesman gave a goal kick.

Good point Mr A, when Fer played that ball it was so obvious that it hit the Watford player, we were just amazed when he gave a goal kick.

Another bizarre decision was when the ref missed the shirt pull on Murphy and waved play on - I''ve rarely seen a player pulling a shirt so hard.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]He was certainly unpopular by the end of the match. But the goal kick incident - it was definitely a corner - seemed one of the more bizarre of the lino''s decisions.[/quote]That one would actually be fairly hard for the linesman to see as he''s at 90° to the play, but the referee should have spotted it.

[quote user="flying high up in the sky"]Who cares about the offsides. He scored two goals. Typical norwich fans to look at the negatives.[/quote]

I was asking if people watching the game online could confirm whether the lino was getting the offsides right or not.  Because it''s hard to tell from high up behind the goal, where I was standing. 

Not sure how that''s "looking at the negatives"... your post is pretty negative though...

[quote user="Matt Juler"][quote user="Highland Canary"]He was certainly unpopular by the end of the match. But the goal kick incident - it was definitely a corner - seemed one of the more bizarre of the lino''s decisions.[/quote]That one would actually be fairly hard for the linesman to see as he''s at 90° to the play, but the referee should have spotted it.
[/quote]

The goal kick incident what when Fer played a ball down our right hand side which very clearly hit a Watford player who was about 5 yards from the touchline so about that distance from the lino, and the ball clearly changed direction as a result of the deflection.  So have to disagree with you Matt - I really can''t see how anyone could have missed it.

Apparently we were given a corner right at the start of the game which had come off Redmond, not the Watford player. These things should even themselves out in cup and lower league games.

Don''t expect anything but horrendous decisions going against us in the Premier League though

[quote user="Its Character Forming"]

The goal kick incident what when Fer played a ball down our right hand side which very clearly hit a Watford player who was about 5 yards from the touchline so about that distance from the lino, and the ball clearly changed direction as a result of the deflection.  So have to disagree with you Matt - I really can''t see how anyone could have missed it.

[/quote]It was very clear for us behind the goal and I was F''ing and Blinding at the Lino at the time, but it''s not always that clear when you''re looking at something on the opposite axis.  Just think how often when behind the goal is looks like an effort is goal bound but it''s actually heading towards the halfway line.Regardless of this call, I thought he had a shocking game with a number of dubious offsides, saying the ball had gone out of play when it looked to me (and 1,999 others) that Redmond had kept it in, and also not giving a corner when their keeper appeared to carry Martin''s cross a good foot or so behind the line.

From the stand you couldn''t tell if all the dubious decisions were correct or not, but there was one where he seemed to run from a midfield position and past the back line to be through and the linesman flagged.

"flying high up in the sky"]Who cares about the offsides. He scored two goals. Typical norwich fans to look at the negatives.

I was asking if people watching the game online could confirm whether the lino was getting the offsides right or not.  Because it''s hard to tell from high up behind the goal, where I was standing. 

Not sure how that''s "looking at the negatives"... your post is pretty negative though...

He clearly just read the title and thought you were critisising Hooper as opposed to the lino.

They all looked tight but you can''t tell from where we were. However during the game that doesn''t matter. All that matters is every decision for us is right and every decision against us is wrong and it''s our job, no in fact it''s our duty, to let them know.

Also how bizarre was it that he got involved in the fisticuffs towards the end if the game? He must have been 50 or 60 yards away from the incident so I don''t know if he trying to get involved in the scrap or not???