Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Messiah

In Hughton We Trust!

Hughton''s signing of Hooper paying dividends tonight.

Hughton''s positive substitutions helped us win the game not a "player revolt" against his tactics.

3 goals away from home at a good Watford side, and a superb, brave comeback that showed the determination of the team.

More performances like that please Chris.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]he''ll be a proud man tonight...of course none of it will matter as it was "only a cup game".....[/quote]

Your right, if we win it''s "only a cup match", if we lose it''s an "embarrassing, shameful defeat".

To keep things in perspective, we edged out a lower league team who had made 8 changes by the odd goal, and needed extra time and a youth team player to come off the bench and change the game to do so.

Anything other than a victory would have been an extremely poor result and we made bloody hard work of it. Hopefully we can use this as a springboard to go and beat Stoke on Saturday and start clawing our way away from the relegation zone. I think it''s a little premature to presume the corner has been turned.

"They just can''t win with some, can they"

Hang on I''ll just clear some furniture so''s I can cartwheel ''round the living room.

It was a win that Hughton, the players and the supporters needed. Tonight wingers were played on their strong side (Murphy/Redmond) and our attacking threat suddenly changed. Yes I am in the Hughton out brigade, but if he takes this positivity into the premier league at Stoke (and beyond) then I fir one won''t be calling for his head (yet).

It was better, a lot better, but it was a Watford team with eight changes from their strongest side.

Always the way. There are some on here who can never give City the credit. If we concede it''s the fault of our players, if we score it''s the fault of the other side. Never good play by our lads. It is pathetic. Criticise by all means but be consistent. If we do something right then praise as you attack when things go wrong

[quote user="Shyster"]"They just can''t win with some, can they"

Hang on I''ll just clear some furniture so''s I can cartwheel ''round the living room.[/quote]Just use the road outside, there''s a good lad.

Did anyone suggest you should do that, Shyster?

The point is that CH/the players just can''t win: had we lost it would have been absolute meltdown, but we didn''t (more''s the pity, clearly, for some of you) and credit should be due for that.

Watford made changes tonight as did we; they are on form, have been a top Champs side for 18 months and were at home, expecting to win; we weren''t on form and hadn''t scored away all season. It was never going to be a walk in the park, but IMO they deserve credit for the result rather than being slated.

As for CH, this result (good or bad) shouldn''t have had much of a bearing on his future, but hopefully it can instil some belief in the players to get a result on Sunday.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"] The point is that CH/the players just can''t win [/quote]
Literally?

CambridgeCanary wrote the following post at 2013-09-25 2:43 AM:

Eight changes for Watford.

And we were missing Bassong, Ruddy, Van Wolfswinkel, Howson, Pilkington, Turner and Snodgrass.

So what???

Come on CC, you have 7 players in your list with lots of premiership experience - hardly right to compare that with Watford ! And the city side that played had a fair degree of prem experience too apart from Murphy of course.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Shyster"]"They just can''t win with some, can they"

Hang on I''ll just clear some furniture so''s I can cartwheel ''round the living room.[/quote]Just use the road outside, there''s a good lad.[/quote]

Brilliant Chops. Simply brilliant!

Yay, we won and scored goals away from home. So what? We were expected to win against a championship side. We just shouldn''t have cut it so fine. Great that we came from 2 goals down and showed character. Hopefully we can take it into the next game but I very much doubt we will especially when there will be different personnel in the starting 11. Believe me I hope I''m wrong. I also hope that Hughton will grow a pair and keep Murphy at least on the bench.

[quote user="Yellow Messiah"]Hughton''s signing of Hooper paying dividends tonight. Hughton''s positive substitutions helped us win the game not a "player revolt" against his tactics. 3 goals away from home at a good Watford side, and a superb, brave comeback that showed the determination of the team. More performances like that please Chris.[/quote]

Jeez!!............its the''Worthy Out'' days all over again.[:S]

[quote user="Shyster"]"Brilliant Chops. Simply brilliant!"

Yeah, razor sharp wit at its finest.[/quote]I miss you Shyster.  Please come back and post here regularly.Sincerely (really),Chops

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Yellow Messiah"]Hughton''s signing of Hooper paying dividends tonight. Hughton''s positive substitutions helped us win the game not a "player revolt" against his tactics. 3 goals away from home at a good Watford side, and a superb, brave comeback that showed the determination of the team. More performances like that please Chris.[/quote]

Jeez!!............its the''Worthy Out'' days all over again.[:S]

[/quote]Will you be staring down a police horse this time round?

The arrogance of some people is unbelievable! The way some posters are describing Watford you would have thought we were playing Yeading town. A very decent Championship side playing at home on the back of a 5-1 win at the weekend. This was a good result and we are still in the cup. Well done CH and team!  

It''s not really arrogance to expect us to beat a Championship side that has made 8 changes from the result you mentioned with a little more comfort than a last touch of the game equaliser and extra time.

The gulf between the Premier League and the Championship is huge and getting bigger. We''ll have raked in £100m in TV money in the past 3 seasons, Watford will have had around a 10th of that.

With our resources and with the squad we played last night anything other than a victory would have been an awful result.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]It''s not really arrogance to expect us to beat a Championship side that has made 8 changes from the result you mentioned with a little more comfort than a last touch of the game equaliser and extra time. The gulf between the Premier League and the Championship is huge and getting bigger. We''ll have raked in £100m in TV money in the past 3 seasons, Watford will have had around a 10th of that. With our resources and with the squad we played last night anything other than a victory would have been an awful result.[/quote]

Although they do tend to get most of Udinese''s up and coming youngesters on loan, well last season anyway, in fact there were many complaints from other Championship Managers and supporters about the fact that Watford had players that their clubs just simply could afford to have, on fees or wages. 

After five CHB takeaway pints, 4 charcoal grilled Pickerings sausages, Colemans mustard and a new Geoffrey Watling Way flat, IHWT. Norwich is my home, OTBC!