Sign in to follow this  
Bill

League Cup (night) Quiz

What was notable about the 1975 final ?and also applied to one of the semi finals

as usual it is a test of your City knowledge, not how quick you are on Googleif you get it, please wait until later to let others have a go, but by all means post up that you know

will put up the answers after the draw tonightotherwise get your brains going

by notable I mean not happened in a major Cup final at Wembley before or since

I would have thought virtually all finals were all british back thenmore so the earlier you went back

ps  if you get it, please wait until later to let others have a go

[quote user="Wings of a Sparrow"]I was thinking all British teams but Keelan scotched that idea. Unless he had British Citizenship?

Probably way wide of the mark.

#clutchingatstraws[/quote]

Not totally irrelevant. I suspect Keelan is in a sense part of the answer.

[quote user="Sussexyellow"]Got it C1.

Was there. Gutted, really thought we would win.[/quote]

Also there but baffled. I thought it must be the only time an LC final had been won by a rebound from a saved penalty, but plainly not.

It actually applies to both FA and League cup finals ..... at Wembley(no catches)

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="Sussexyellow"]Got it C1. Was there. Gutted, really thought we would win.[/quote]

Also there but baffled. I thought it must be the only time an LC final had been won by a rebound from a saved penalty, but plainly not.

[/quote]

And also seeing as it''s been confirmed it''s nothing to do with managers it''s not that it was Saunders'' 3rd consecutive LC Final.  BTW this isn''t what I thought it was.

likewise

great years promotion to the top flight and two cup finals in three years

plus another promotion

odd thing is can''t remember it being too difficult to get tickets either

Not sure what they are, but I''m fairly certain you are not on the right track (sorry)

I recall that tickets were allocated by getting a voucher given out at just one home game (WBA) I think. Can remember having to swap turnstile queues as the one I was in had run out of vouchers.

remember the vouchers as there was a bigger crowd and ''fears'' that the WBA fans might get them for Villa fansa clue -73 and 85 no62 yes

well spotted SYso maybe if any others have the answer (not you sus, yet) perhaps we can see who is rightANSWERS PLEASE

Only Wembley final between teams from the second division (no top flight team).

Subsequently one can say, the only Wembley final between two teams who were both promoted to the top flight that season.

and City''s opponents in the semi final (Man Utd) also went up with those twoand curiously Villa''s semi final opponents Chester City were promoted from the old 4th division that seasonall four promoted !

there is also another strange anomaly regarding the games leading up to those semis