Sign in to follow this  
Waveney Canary

League cup draw

No idea - tonight I suspect after the games - but I can tell you Hoots response to it: "whoever we got at this stage was going to be really tough and Tranmere at home is no different. They are a magnificent side with some big players and real quality in every area of the park and it''s going to be really tough for us to get anything out of this one."

1. Burnley
2. Chelsea
3. Fulham
4. Hull City
5. Leicester City
6. Manchester City
7. Norwich City
8. Southampton
9. Sunderland
10. Tottenham Hotspur
11. West Ham United
12. Birmingham City / Swansea City
13. Manchester United / Liverpool
14. Newcastle United / Leeds United
15. Tranmere Rovers / Stoke City
16. West Bromwich Albion / Arsenal

Surprisingly there are only 5 non PL teams left - and three of them could go out tonightWe need a home tie, preferably against one of those teams and so (hopefully) on to the quarter finalsLets hope it''s not Man City as we play them the Saturday afterwards - or an away game in the north east or Swansea

ps 4 games from Wembley !

[quote user="City1st"]1. Burnley

2. Chelsea

3. Fulham

4. Hull City

5. Leicester City

6. Manchester City

7. Norwich City

8. Southampton

9. Sunderland

10. Tottenham Hotspur

11. West Ham United

12. Birmingham City / Swansea City

13. Manchester United / Liverpool

14. Newcastle United / Leeds United

15. Tranmere Rovers / Stoke City

Surprisingly there are only 5 non PL teams left - and three of them could go out tonight

We need a home tie, preferably against one of those teams and so (hopefully) on to the quarter finals

Lets hope it''s not Man City as we play them the Saturday afterwards - or an away game in the north east or Swansea

ps 4 games from Wembley !

[/quote]

Surely that''s 3 games from Wembley.

[quote user="City1st"]3 ?

[/quote]

Perhaps I''m missing something. If we win in the next round, win in the quarter-finals and then win in the semis is that not 3 games before playing the final at Wembley?

Since Birmingham are 2-0 up against Swansea, how about a reunion for CH and Redmond, not to mention Tom Adeyemi and Lee Clark.

you forget the memorable foggy night when the game against Chelsea was abandoned - and the Barclay was like the wild west two years later when we grabbed a draw at Old Trafford before knocking them out at Carrow Road, ruddy packed and then 20 years later when our impoverished neighbours came up, full of gob and believing the final was already in the bag ...................... until

get in there !30 secs

1. Burnley
2. Chelsea
3. Fulham
4. Hull City
5. Leicester City
6. Manchester City
7. Norwich City
8. Southampton
9. Sunderland
10. Tottenham Hotspur
11. West Ham United
12. Birmingham City
13. Manchester United
14. Newcastle United
15. Stoke City

So we play Man Utd and Man City away in the same week. Good luck lads!

Marvellous draw.

Big gate, big earner, tv coverage all for a high profile encounter.

Gives Hughton a chance to test his methods against a big boy without having valuable points at stake.

I don''t want us to be side-tracked by this competition so this would seem the ideal fixture to absolve ourselves from it with our reputation intact.

I said to my wife, before the draw, that when Garry Birtles is involved that bad things seem to happen to us, and I said ''I bet he doesn''t do us any favours'' .

Cheers big ears

Having said that, I bet we put out a reserve team, give them a 2 goal head start and still win.

Wemmmberrllleeeeeeee

we can do itwe went up there in 75, drew then beat them in the second leg of the semis I went up there in 67 in a smokey beery bus full of blokes from my village who sang, smoked and pee''ed their way before, during and after the game we beat Law, Best and Charlton and the rest

City1st wrote the following post at 2013-09-26 2:25 AM:

we can do it

I went up there in 67 in a smokey beery bus full of blokes from my village who sang, smoked and pee''ed their way before, during and after the game

we beat Law, Best and Charlton and the rest

Bolland and Heath for City, Law for Utd. 630000 gate even then. And I was there too.

I never realised the crowd was that big still have the programme given to me on the way home