Sign in to follow this  

Would you like this back.

Safe standing areas back in areas of Carrow Rd such as the lower Barclay and possibly the Snake pit for a trial period,I know I would as I feel football grounds lost a lot of atmosphere when they became all seaters. I understand why they did it but feel the time is right to start trialing the new safe standing areas as they are in Europe and look likely to in Scotland. As a side not this would increase capacity slightly as well.

http://www.fsf.org.uk/campaigns/safe-standing/

[quote user="InchY van Foxtodger"]

Safe standing areas back in areas of Carrow Rd such as the lower Barclay and possibly the Snake pit for a trial period,I know I would as I feel football grounds lost a lot of atmosphere when they became all seaters. I understand why they did it but feel the time is right to start trialing the new safe standing areas as they are in Europe and look likely to in Scotland. As a side not this would increase capacity slightly as well.

http://www.fsf.org.uk/campaigns/safe-standing/[/quote]

It''s alright for you tall geezers but what about us short-arses? [:^)]

I''m sure I can find a couple of old beer crates and we could pass you two down above our heads. Is Beauseant coming too....

[quote user="InchY van Foxtodger"]

http://www.fsf.org.uk/campaigns/safe-standing/

[/quote]
Yes, a cheaper option to increase capacity.

I think it would be a great idea.
By just doing the Lower Barclay we could probably take our capacity to 30000, we''d create some atmosphere, can increase the number of casual tickets a little, perhaps even knock a fiver off the ticket price for standing. 
I think just making the lower barclay and away area standing would be brilliant, Carrow Road would be rocking. Would need to keep a few seats in the away end though, for oldies and kids. 
But getting another 500+ away fans in the same area, and flooding the Barclay with some sort of ultras area would basically save the football experience at Carrow Road.
Bit of a no brainer really isn''t it?

I thought it was but sadly the majority of the premier clubs including NCFC don''t seem to agree. Could save money on stewards as you wouldn''t need all those jobsworths moaning at everybody at every game. ;-)

I don''t think this would ever happen under McNally''s rule.  He lost a close friend at Hillsborough and whilst things have moved on considerably since then (not that standing was the direct cause), he comes across as someone who''s very much against standing at football.

I''d love to see it, but no chance. Not so close to the Hillsborough report this year. Maybe in another five years when the wounds are slightly more healed.

[quote user="The New Boy Le Juge"]I think it would be a great idea.
By just doing the Lower Barclay we could probably take our capacity to 30000, we''d create some atmosphere, can increase the number of casual tickets a little, perhaps even knock a fiver off the ticket price for standing. 
I think just making the lower barclay and away area standing would be brilliant, Carrow Road would be rocking. Would need to keep a few seats in the away end though, for oldies and kids. 
But getting another 500+ away fans in the same area, and flooding the Barclay with some sort of ultras area would basically save the football experience at Carrow Road.
[/quote]Indeed only those with no brain would think the club would find it economical to spend money to convert seating to standing and then charge a lower admission price.Safe standing means many fewer people than in the old shoulder to shoulder days so I doubt the cost difference could be made up by increased capacity.It''s not going to happen.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="The New Boy Le Juge"]I think it would be a great idea.
[/quote]Indeed only those with no brain would think the club would find it economical to spend money to convert seating to standing and then charge a lower admission price.Safe standing means many fewer people than in the old shoulder to shoulder days so I doubt the cost difference could be made up by increased capacity.It''s not going to happen.[/quote]
[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="The New Boy Le Juge"]I think it would be a great idea.
[/quote]Indeed only those with no brain would think the club would find it economical to spend money to convert seating to standing and then charge a lower admission price.Safe standing means many fewer people than in the old shoulder to shoulder days so I doubt the cost difference could be made up by increased capacity.It''s not going to happen.[/quote]
Perhaps only those us of without a brain can understand the concept of price equilibrium, and perhaps somebody without a brain can explain it to you.

[quote user="ricardo"]Safe standing means many fewer people than in the old shoulder to shoulder days so I doubt the cost difference could be made up by increased capacity.[/quote]
If you had bothered to click the link and watch the video instead of projecting your agenda based on guesswork you would know that safe standing almost doubles the capacity, in the example given it was 3000 seats vs 5700 standing. 
So I''m pretty sure that knocking a casual ticket down from £45 to £40 in the standing area would be easily achievable, don''t you? 
If you can''t do the math then... well.... get an f''in calculator. 

You have to remember that our Ricardo is a blanket and flask fan who would never dare stand at a game for fear of spilling his cocoa. ;-)

Lower Barclay standing would be a good idea, if even on a trial basis.

But it will need a law to be reversed so need to get politicians onboard.

Step up to the plate Mr Norman Lamb or Ed Balls.

You could stick a flag on you crutch Nutty an become a new european style ultra.

Standing behind the goal in the Barclay was recreated last night at Watford in the on seats in their Blanket Stand. You don''t get more Ultra than my neighbour for the night Lily. There is a pic on facebook somewhere [:O]

But in all seriousness Wings is right. Whether our club would sanction it is a moot point at the moment because it''s not their call.

Have a read of this Nutty....

http://www.fsf.org.uk/campaigns/safe-standing/the-legalities-of-standing/

It''ll never happen because unfortunately too many people in power are unwilling to listen and as soon as they hear the word "standing" they tink old style terraces.

There was a section standing for the whole game on Tuesday, no stewards came up, that''s how the game should be watched I reckon as long as safety is assured. Mind you my legs are aching now.

With safe standing nowadays they do not take out the seats. It''s just a case of being allowed to stand in front of your allocated seat, but you can sit down if you want.

They have this at the Allianz arena in Munich and it worked very well.

[quote user="Karl Pilkington"]

With safe standing nowadays they do not take out the seats. It''s just a case of being allowed to stand in front of your allocated seat, but you can sit down if you want.

[/quote]So no extra capacity or price reduction then?

[quote user="InchY van Foxtodger"]You have to remember that our Ricardo is a blanket and flask fan who would never dare stand at a game for fear of spilling his cocoa. ;-)[/quote]Ovaltine[:D]

I think safe standing is the way forward and if we can change the law is something we should look at and support.

However are our stadiums set up to cope with the increased volumes?   The terrace itself could be fine,  but is access good enough to get increased volume in and out of both the stadium and the terrace itself?   And would the facilities cope with the extra people?  If not potentially rebuilding the stand could be a blocker too.

[quote user="Karl Pilkington"]

[/quote]
Sorry but you have got this wrong. You are right to say that they have seats built in, but these are locked upright for leagues games, there is no option to sit on it.... and you then have two people for every seat. 
They are unlocked for European competition and any other games in which standing is not permitted, or altered to suit demand. So when they are locked they fit in twice as many people, when they are unlocked you get one person per seat. 
The difference in the example given in the link is almost a doubling of capacity. Check out the video and this will explain how it works. 

Cheers for the link Inchy. As an ex E Blocker I can vouch that our club are extremely tolerant. But the biggest problem legal wise I reckon is that the safety certificates are based on the ground regulations. If there was an incident and the club was found to be wilfully ignoring ground regulations (we also call this being tolerant) they could be in big trouble.