Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Vs Stoke

What Lineup Do You Wanna See ? What Lineup Do You Think We Will See ?

Wanna See:

Ruddy

Whittaker Martin Turner Olsson

Snodgrass Johnson Fer Pilkington

Hooper

RVW

Will See:

Ruddy

Martin Bennett Turner Garrido

Snodgrass Howson Fer Pilkington

Elmander

RVW

[quote user="Nicko"]I want to see Ruddy Whits bennett turner olsson Redmond Howson Fer Pilkingon Hooper RVw[/quote]

Yes please!!!

Only because we need a holding midfielder to allow Fer to be more involved when going forward, which Howson is not. And its a hard choice between BJ & Tettey because BJ has been awful so far & i dont think Tettey is good enough anyway.

Other than in a 442 I am not convinced we can play hooper and RvW together,  I don think either have the skills to do that role well.

If RvWs injury has healed itself then I would start with him,   I suspect he will be on the bench.  Likewise I simply cant think Bassong will be fit having pulled up witha  hamstring injury.

I would start with 4-2-3-1 as its the best use of our players capabilities and go

Ruddy

Martin  Bennett  Turner  Garrido 

Fer   Tettey

Redmond     Howson    Pilkington

Hooper

Subs

Bunn  Whittaker Olsson Fox Snodgrass Elmander RvW

Howson to show his attacking flair, tettey to remain deep and Fer to do both.   Until we solve that midfield triangle the club will continue to struggle

I think it has got to be a team that can defend against their physical approach, and we''ve got to have an outlet for long balls, however much we want to play the ball on the ground if that is our only option Stoke will close us down and we''ll end up playing it long anyway (which is what happened last season). 

I''ve come to the conclusion we need to play Fer as the attacking midfielder as he can compete for long balls.  If Elmander plays there I''ll be very worried that he won''t actually win much in the air and our midfield will get overrun.  Don''t think Howson can do it either.

Ruddy; Whittaker, Turner, Martin (c), Olsson; Redmond, Fer, Howson, Johnson, Pilkington; van Wolfswinkel.Subs: Bunn, R. Bennett, Garrido, Tettey, Snodgrass, Elmander, Hooper.Much as we all want to see us play more expansive football, away to Stoke isn''t the right match to go 4-4-2 and attack. Johnson is on poor form admittedly, but either he or Tettey will need to play to be disciplined in front of the back four (and Tettey played 120 minutes on Tuesday), or we could get overrun by Stoke''s physicality. With five in midfield there should be more opportunity for the attacking full-backs to overlap. I would have started Hooper, but he''s still coming back from injury and played the full two hours in midweek, so best keep him in reserve IMO. Bringing Snodgrass on near the end when Redmond tires will give him a bit of time to make amends for his cock-ups last weekend – and give Murphy some time to enjoy what he''s achieved already before we thrust him into the Prem – he should definitely get a run-out at Old Trafford in the next round!

Having seen RvW as our lone striker, it is clear to me he needs to see more of the ball.Therefore, and in the same time incorporating Hooper into the team for goalscoring needs, I would like to see RvW play the number 10 role in a 4-4-1-1 role.He could be our missing link, and flourish in that role.Less attention from rugh defenders, and more of the ball. I think he has the vision to play that role too.Hooper is a predator, lurking on the offside line all the time, and better suited to RvW in that role.Also, added benefit is RvW arriving a bit later in the box when we get crosses in. Ball may easier fall for him then as he will not be so heavily marked.Ruddy; Whittaker, Turner, Martin (c), Olsson; Redmond, Fer, Howson, Pilkington; van Wolfswinkel;HooperSubs: Bunn, R. Bennett, Garrido, Wes, Snodgrass, Elmander, Johnson.

[quote user="grefstad"]Having seen RvW as our lone striker, it is clear to me he needs to see more of the ball.Therefore, and in the same time incorporating Hooper into the team for goalscoring needs, I would like to see RvW play the number 10 role in a 4-4-1-1 role.He could be our missing link, and flourish in that role.Less attention from rugh defenders, and more of the ball. I think he has the vision to play that role too.Hooper is a predator, lurking on the offside line all the time, and better suited to RvW in that role.Also, added benefit is RvW arriving a bit later in the box when we get crosses in. Ball may easier fall for him then as he will not be so heavily marked.[/quote]This is absolutely spot on. I''d leave Hooper on the bench this week because he played two hours on Tuesday, but going forward it''s a great idea.

"jas the barclay king"i''d say the same as Zipper...

good line up!

Yes it does look good. Howson needs to be playing in that area, further forward than usual.