Sign in to follow this  
Fleck@Millwall

Hoots now 5/4 (Stan James) fav to go and

the book has now being opened on our next permanent manager with the following odds:

Phelan @ 12s

O''Neill, Di Matteo, McClaren and Martinez @ 14s

McKay, McLeish, Pullis, Howe and Lennon @ 16s

Thinking that we would not get either Martinez or McKay then, despite being an ardent critic and looking at potential replacements I really really will be hoping Hoots and the lads go for it and pull some irons out of the fire this Sunday and the man changes. Can you imagine the Wally with the Brolly at FCR, or Norwich playing Pullisball - it''s horrible.

OTBC!

14/1 on Martinez? 
I''d give you 500/1 on Martinez not being the Norwich manager within the next 6 months.
Neil Lennon isn''t going to leave Celtic for years and years. He has the opportunity to smash the record for most consecutive SPL titles and can go down as the most successful Celtic manager in history. 

Agreed it''s totally mental although here is the link to the market:

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/norwich/next-permanent-manager

I think Stan James have some much more realistic odds available with RDM @ 3s and far more realistic candidates including Denis Bergkamp @ 28s!!.

its just the standard stakes for any team that still has a manager, if you look at other teams the next manager candidates and odds will be pretty much the same, they just throw every manager they can think of in the pot so to speak. You wont see any movement in the "next manager" market until Hughton leaves, so there is no indication at all at the moment who it might be, and there are a lot of people on that list who would not even consider being our next manage....
As for Hughton being fav to go, I think you can say that is only right and a fair refection of the past results over a long period of time, I would be worried if he wasn''t fav tbh.

[quote user="Nicko"]Il stick with CH thanks.[/quote]

Well I won''t.......Hughton Out.

Whether your pro or anti (and I was very loyal last season to him despite some alarming stuff but have had it now with the lack of change) we need to be very careful about ending up like Sunderland who have sacked one nut-job without a clear replacement in mind and are now interview candidates which are leaving Mackems on the brink of mutiny. We see on this forum that who ever is appointed to replace Hoots would be divisive. Although unlike Sunderland I don''t think something is rotten in the State of Denmark down at the Carra. The odds market gives us a chance to review realistic candidates given I suspect the bandwagon is now rolling indefinitely towards change...

I know a lot of people want CH sacked this week but  that list of potential replacements shows the grass doesn''t look that green on the other side. Martinez or Mackay are not realistic, the rest on the list... well do you want them to replace CH truly? Some have plumped for Di Matteo, he may be a good choice but he is a big risk. He won a European cup but was that down to him really or the senior players? Avram Grant was one penalty kick away from winning it with Chelsea too we have to remember.

[quote user="hertfordyellow"]I know a lot of people want CH sacked this week but  that list of potential replacements shows the grass doesn''t look that green on the other side. Martinez or Mackay are not realistic, the rest on the list... well do you want them to replace CH truly? Some have plumped for Di Matteo, he may be a good choice but he is a big risk. He won a European cup but was that down to him really or the senior players? Avram Grant was one penalty kick away from winning it with Chelsea too we have to remember.[/quote]
Yes I would take Ole Gunnar over Hughton for sure, probably Poyet or Zola too but might be a gamble.

[quote user="Macey"][quote user="hertfordyellow"]I know a lot of people want CH sacked this week but  that list of potential replacements shows the grass doesn''t look that green on the other side. Martinez or Mackay are not realistic, the rest on the list... well do you want them to replace CH truly? Some have plumped for Di Matteo, he may be a good choice but he is a big risk. He won a European cup but was that down to him really or the senior players? Avram Grant was one penalty kick away from winning it with Chelsea too we have to remember.[/quote]
Yes I would take Ole Gunnar over Hughton for sure, probably Poyet or Zola too but might be a gamble.
[/quote]All 3 are a much bigger risk than sticking with CH in my opinion. Ole Gunnar has done well in an uncompetitive small league, Poyet has not managed at this level and has ?? over his behaviour (putting mcNasty and him together is asking for fireworks) and Zola was hit and miss at West Ham.

From that list I would have Ole Gunnar and Neil Lennon.
But I''d much rather things work out with Hughton. We have afterall had a better start to this season than either of our last two seasons in this league.
And seeing Redmond played on his natural side against Watford gave me optimism that Hughton will make changes to the way we set out over the next few games.
You never know, we might beat Arsenal again. 

[quote user="Waveney Canary"]Get shot of hughton bowkett and mcnasty and bring back the messiah[/quote]

Gets my vote.

[quote user="Waveney Canary"]Get shot of hughton bowkett and mcnasty and bring back the messiah[/quote]While we''re talking about things that will never happen, let''s bring Sir Alex Ferguson out of retirement and bring in Arsene Wenger as head coach.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Waveney Canary"]Get shot of hughton bowkett and mcnasty and bring back the messiah[/quote]

Gets my vote.[/quote]

Blimey Wiz, you stopped short of Fry and Delia. Do you "love them with a passion" now? [*-)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Waveney Canary"]Get shot of hughton bowkett and mcnasty and bring back the messiah[/quote]

Gets my vote.[/quote]

Blimey Wiz, you stopped short of Fry and Delia. Do you "love them with a passion" now? [*-)]

[/quote]

Nah Lapps, they''ve got a reprieve whilst the manager''s in my sights.[;)]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Waveney Canary"]Get shot of hughton bowkett and mcnasty and bring back the messiah[/quote]

Gets my vote.[/quote]

Blimey Wiz, you stopped short of Fry and Delia. Do you "love them with a passion" now? [*-)][/quote]

Nah Lapps, they''ve got a reprieve whilst the manager''s in my sights.[/quote]

But if the board appointed him, surely it''s their fault and they should go? After the mistakes they made with appointing managers after Worthy, what''s to say they won''t do it all again?

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Waveney Canary"]Get shot of hughton bowkett and mcnasty and bring back the messiah[/quote]

Gets my vote.[/quote]

Blimey Wiz, you stopped short of Fry and Delia. Do you "love them with a passion" now? [*-)][/quote]

Nah Lapps, they''ve got a reprieve whilst the manager''s in my sights.[/quote]

But if the board appointed him, surely it''s their fault and they should go? After the mistakes they made with appointing managers after Worthy, what''s to say they won''t do it all again?

[/quote]

One at a time Lapps, one at a time.

The New Boy (Le Juge) From that list I would have Ole Gunnar and Neil Lennon.
But I''d much rather things work out with Hughton. We have afterall had a better start to this season than either of our last two seasons in this league.
And seeing Redmond played on his natural side against Watford gave me optimism that Hughton will make changes to the way we set out over the next few games.
You never know, we might beat Arsenal again. 
Is that if we sack CH?Or would you want CH sacked now to bring in one of these 2?

be happy with any out of meulensteen/phelan/lennon/di matteo or malky

id love both rene and phelan together. wealth of knowledge and contacts and years spent underneath (oh-err!) fergie

[quote user="Hackedoff"]Good coaches don''t guarantee good managers[/quote]

steve clark and jose mourinho might argue with you on that one

and probably quite a few others i cant think of right now