Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

The dreaded (or not) vote of confidence!

At various times during the fans unrest over Worthy we had board members publicly give Worthy their support. Barry Skipper immediately springs to mind but there were others. The board has a far more professional approach these days so you wouldn''t expect any comments from individual directors. But I would expect, at some point, one of the executive directors (Bowkett or McNally) to make comment and unless I missed it this hasn''t happened yet.

But what has been announced is a supporters forum on 8th October with David McNally and Chris Hughton on the panel. I would imagine, given the strength of feeling on here, that one of the more vociferous posters will attend and put McNally on the spot?

Perhaps because the Board have a much calmer and informative approach to this ''crisis'' than this Forum.

Perhaps they realize that if the penalty had gone in, and we had a little bit more luck to our very good play on Saturday, that we would be talking about a very different situation. Football is like that sometimes

Does TDVOC still exist? I remember it being quite big in the late ''90s, early ''00s but almost became such a cliche that it stopped happening.With regard to the current board, there will be absolutely nothing coming out from them, no soundbites, until Hughton is sacked (whenever that may be, if it even happens). Gunn was out of the blue, there were no hints to Holt playing his last game, the Lambert thing was hushed and still is now. Our old board seemed to be a lot of noise and barely any action, this current one is quite different.

"Perhaps they realize that if the penalty had gone in, and we had a little bit more luck to our very good play on Saturday, that we would be talking about a very different situation. Football is like that sometimes "

Not to mention 2-3 great saves..almost world class, okay they chased evrything but every ball seem to bounce to one of their players.

How we ended up with the only booking ive never know, niggles from behind, arms everywhere and that nasty little sh@t Delph is someone who would have had a real smack in my playing days

This deafeat hurt because once again we were mugged by Lambert, how many times did we mug teams under him.

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]Does TDVOC still exist? I remember it being quite big in the late ''90s, early ''00s but almost became such a cliche that it stopped happening.With regard to the current board, there will be absolutely nothing coming out from them, no soundbites, until Hughton is sacked (whenever that may be, if it even happens). Gunn was out of the blue, there were no hints to Holt playing his last game, the Lambert thing was hushed and still is now. Our old board seemed to be a lot of noise and barely any action, this current one is quite different.[/quote]

Doubt it still exists Chunky. But if this anti-Hughton stuff carries on Bowkett and McNally will have to go into hiding to avoid commenting on it. Anyway, October 8th is only 2 weeks away. Isd anyone from here going to ask the question?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]Does TDVOC still exist? I remember it being quite big in the late ''90s, early ''00s but almost became such a cliche that it stopped happening.

With regard to the current board, there will be absolutely nothing coming out from them, no soundbites, until Hughton is sacked (whenever that may be, if it even happens). Gunn was out of the blue, there were no hints to Holt playing his last game, the Lambert thing was hushed and still is now. Our old board seemed to be a lot of noise and barely any action, this current one is quite different.
[/quote]

Doubt it still exists Chunky. But if this anti-Hughton stuff carries on Bowkett and McNally will have to go into hiding to avoid commenting on it. Anyway, October 8th is only 2 weeks away. Isd anyone from here going to ask the question?

[/quote]

It will of course still exist, but will be carried out behind closed doors and kept quiet. They are actually votes of ''no confidence'' usually, and if one is called it shows there is a very strong feeling by at least one or two board members.

Whilst there is a lot of pressure building on this forum and the more vocal twitter users, sacking Hughton would be regarded a major shock in the wider view (although one or two pieces are starting to be said about it). I can''t see anything happening until at least the next international break. I still think the magical 10 game mark will be real deadline for things to improve.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]Does TDVOC still exist? I remember it being quite big in the late ''90s, early ''00s but almost became such a cliche that it stopped happening.With regard to the current board, there will be absolutely nothing coming out from them, no soundbites, until Hughton is sacked (whenever that may be, if it even happens). Gunn was out of the blue, there were no hints to Holt playing his last game, the Lambert thing was hushed and still is now. Our old board seemed to be a lot of noise and barely any action, this current one is quite different.[/quote]

[/quote]

Why don''t you ask it if it means that much to you?

[quote user="Dr Crafty Canary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Why don''t you ask it if it means that much to you?

[/quote]

I could! I''ve got form like the question I asked Delia on behalf of some on here. But I may have something else to ask so as there''s soooooo many on here who want Hughton gone surely at least one of them could make the effort allowing me the chance to ask something for myself.

There''s still loads of tickets left. They are only £2 each supporting the CSF Sporting Light Appeal as well.

This post says everything about the OP you wanted to know but were afraid to ask.

Perhaps he is worrying about his betting money?

Hughton could find himself, shortly, on the end of a long losing streak of PL matches. But, like last season he might pull results out of the bag unexpectedly and even beat one of the big boys.

For me, it''s in the balance, and lately things have gone right for him which he should grasp and make use of, namely:

Hooper looking like a prolific striker; Pilkington coming back; Redmond bouncing back; the team beginning to select and de-select itself. He wanted a break and he got one, now he needs to show he can use it. If he can''t then he writes his own dismissal.

Key for me, at Stoke, is that he shows he is getting the teams act together and we look cohesive, positive and carry a threat. If he decides to go back to picking the same side, pairings or formation as lined up against Villa he will look weak and regressive should we get more of the same.

It is all very well someone asking the question but be ready to explain why you are dissatisfied or look a mug with Nigel sniggering from the back of the class at you.

And having said all that it is important that supporters pick up on the positive vibes from Tuesday too. See what we get on Saturday. It will tell you if CH really is capable of changing things for the better or if he is just a one dimensional nice guy.

Well now that''s an interesting assessment of the OP. But of course there''s no need to be afraid to ask. 

"Key for me, at Stoke, is that he shows he is getting the teams act together and we look cohesive, positive and carry a threat. If he decides to go back to picking the same side, pairings or formation as lined up against Villa he will look weak and regressive should we get more of the same. "

This says plenty about Rudolph - Talk about covering all your bases!!

Just to make it plain what my opinion is - The club spent a lot of money in the summer on offensive players. It''s Hughton''s job to get them playing for Norwich City and to get results in this league. I will judge him on how he gets those players to play and the results he gets with them. I won''t judge whether he can do that on selective games from last season. Last season as a whole judges him on what he did with the squad he had then.

I think he''ll pass with flying colours. But if he fails it will be through what he does this season with these players.

Now.. I''m not afraid to ask Rudolph - Are you as arrogant as those posts about the small minded Norfolk gene and you bicycling exploits suggest?