Sign in to follow this  
The Great Drinkell

Were you at Vicarage Road on Tuesday

It is my opinion that one of the reasons for the rather unimpressive start to this season is the midfield ( I know I''m not alone) on Tuesday night for the first time this season the team had Tettey and Fer in the middle this has been my idea of the middle of midfield and although the introduction of Murphy had a massive influence on the game, I believe that the combination of AT and LF had a bigger influence. Can anybody who was at Vicarage Road on Tuesday give me their view of these two in midfield.

Yes Drinks. It pains me to say it but we were better without Wes. I love watching Wes play but too often going through Wes gives the opposition defenders too much time to regroup. With Tettey behind him Fer can drive forward and make a killer pass at pace. I''ve seen enough to agree with you when we attack but have yet to see Fer/Tettey defensively against top class opposition. For all his shortcomings covering defenders is one of BJs real strengths and the importance of that shouldn''t be played down.

I was there, and imo Tettey was a bit like a headless chicken until Fer was brought on - after that he settled down well, but I think that''s because Fer took charge. I agree with nutty, BJ (minus the beard) looked in good physical shape and he does give strong cover - I would like to see BJ paired up with Fer.....by the way, Fer''s pass to Hoops for the 3rd goal absolutely split the defence.

Wes was lively, but unfortunately running round in circles with the ball and not really producing.

Wes, currently, still has something to offer... but less frequently now. i think this might be his last season in a Norwich shirt.

I spent the whole of the first part of Tuesday eagerly awaiting the introduction of Fer knowing that he would sort us out. I said to my mate at the time ''take Johnson off and get Leroy on for the sake of everyone''. His impact was immediate.

Johnson for me this season seems to have taken a backwards step in his game, he makes so many basic errors that place us under pressure, Lon Tuesday he lost the ball attempting a silly turn when a simple two yard pass was available. The second goal he was too slow moving from defence leaving Whittaker to play a ball he simply did not stretch to receive.

With Fer and Tettey in the middle with two genuine attacking full backs and wingers we simply dominated the midfield, working hard and keeping things simple. Tettey did a lot of clearing up, closing people down allowing Fer to look forward burying time and space for the overlaps.

All three goals came about as a result of Fer dictating the pace of the game, Murphy will have taken plaudits for his contribution, however he had already been on the pitch for 5 minutes without us barely getting a touch.

Tettey''s game improved vastly with Fer next to him and given a run together I think we have the makings of an excellent partnership, especially against teams where we can expect a battle - such as Stoke.

[quote user="Brighton Yellow"]I spent the whole of the first part of Tuesday eagerly awaiting the introduction of Fer knowing that he would sort us out. I said to my mate at the time ''take Johnson off and get Leroy on for the sake of everyone''. His impact was immediate.

Johnson for me this season seems to have taken a backwards step in his game, he makes so many basic errors that place us under pressure, Lon Tuesday he lost the ball attempting a silly turn when a simple two yard pass was available. The second goal he was too slow moving from defence leaving Whittaker to play a ball he simply did not stretch to receive.

With Fer and Tettey in the middle with two genuine attacking full backs and wingers we simply dominated the midfield, working hard and keeping things simple. Tettey did a lot of clearing up, closing people down allowing Fer to look forward burying time and space for the overlaps.

All three goals came about as a result of Fer dictating the pace of the game, Murphy will have taken plaudits for his contribution, however he had already been on the pitch for 5 minutes without us barely getting a touch.

Tettey''s game improved vastly with Fer next to him and given a run together I think we have the makings of an excellent partnership, especially against teams where we can expect a battle - such as Stoke.[/quote]To me I looked like, BJ pulled out of recieving the ball, perhaps they was a call from Wes?

[quote user="the bristol nest"]Fer and Tetty is the right central mid combination at the moment for me. Redmond and Pilks either side.

Who should be no. 10 tho?[/quote]

Completely agree with the statement and question.

Time for Howson to step up.

To me I looked like, BJ pulled out of recieving the ball, perhaps they was a call from Wes?

Possibly he did, however he should have the awareness and experience to take charge of moments like that and become the dominant force in the middle, exactly what Fer appears to do with relative ease.

Wasn''t there but just wanted to say hello drinks [:D] long time no see..[Y]

I too think Tettey and Fer would be our best combination, Johnson doesn''t seem to be the player he was last year so far.

Tettey got a lot of criticism and was dubbed a crab by someone on here, maybe that could work to our advantage with fer right beside him? Fer as we saw on tuesday is very capable of finding that pass, the pass to redmond for the winner against southampton springs to mind as well.

Both tettey and fer are very good at breaking up play.

Bring on stoke!

Hi Inchy ( or should that be Half inchy if I read your recent post correctly?) It is a while since the PUPs meet _ I got a little disillusioned with the whole Premier League thing (best League in the world my arse - Maybe if you are one of the big 4) that and the bitching on this site just made me find other ways to fill my day. Still enjoy the PUPs thread each week and still hold my season ticket just don''t post that often. I hope all is well with you and we will have to catch up for a beer before a game soon.

Tight Lines [:D]