Sign in to follow this  
Ted Macdougals afro

For Heavens Sake Back Off !!!!

[quote user="City1st"]but would you have claimed to have watched some imaginary games on the telly ?

or not even have a clue about supposedly your own club''s managers age ?

then when challenged not have a clue about how many players the club signed ?

the worst troll we''ve had since a man claimed to have sat in a stadium without any roofs and listened to radio norfolk whilst he was deaf

[/quote]

I am a season ticket holder & go to almost every away game.....I havent got a clue how old our manager is & i couldnt tell you how many players we have signed this pre-season let alone any others....I post on here quite a bit & read through these boards every day.....does that make me a troll???

Ted Macdougals afro wrote:

"@ Chip 20 - Yes we did start slowly in all three recent prem campaigns, even under the messiah but I bet none of you were shouting for him to be sacked ! As for the amount of players signed pre season the previous year I don''t know, just know that four bloody good defenders were amongst his signings."

That''s exactly the point I was making. City1st seems to think the number of new signings this season is not a reasonable excuse for a poor start because we made a similar number of new signings in the previous two seasons. I was pointing out that this actually supports your point that it takes time for so many new faces to gel, as the same slow start was in evidence in both previous seasons too (where we eventually survived quite comfortably in the end).

Little Yellow Birdie, ABC, Dubai Mark and First Wizard - Thankyou for confirming that there are some Norwich fans out there that actually have some common sense and decency.

As for City 1st, well. My comment re; Ken Foggo was in referrence to your instruction to me to ''jog off and read up about OUR club''. OUR club. My first City game was in 1970 at the age of six and little Ken was up and down the wing like a fiddlers elbow proving I have as much right to class them as my team as you or anyone else.

As for the age thing, 54 is not old for anything, let alone an EPL manager. I know exactly who we signed and I am not trying to stir any sh ite. As my original post stated I was just trying to get across how frustrating it is to read imbeciles like your good self calling for a managers head when he is without doubt taking his club in the right direction. You just have to look at his signings to realize that.

By the way, excuse my ignorance but what is a troll other than a word you seem pretty fond of ?

I would ask where you watched Ken Foggo ............ from the Wensum Stand, but I won''t.I shall simply ask you to explain how you have seen every Norwich City game since we have been in the PLwhen they have not all been shown there (the US)

Okay, to put you out of your obvious misery this season NBC show EVERY Premiership game. The previous two seasons Fox Sports with their Soccer and Soccer Plus channels showed ALMOST every game. I say almost, I think there were three weekends in two seasons when the Canaries weren''t on. Those games I tuned into Canary Player for commentary and also to watch the extended highlights, enough to give anyone with half a brain an indication of how the game went.

I would hardly call your trolling efforts a cause of misery - more a case of amusement if anything

So we have now established that -"to be able to have watched every single City game, home and away, since our return to the premiership"was actually a lie on your part

and why you held fire when the team was "
struggling temporarily " for most of the second half of last season, or why you waited until we had actually won before coming up with this login name I don''t doubt most on here can guess atjust as we will have to guess at where you stood when watching Ken Foggo ...... unless of course you want to substantiate that claim

no, sometimes it has the delights of replying to you, wiz.........................................in whatever guise you happen to be under

ps did you ever see Kenny Foggo tearing up and down the wing ?

I love how people are saying the so called ''negative lot'' have limited football knowledge, and are pant wetters etc after 5 games or 1 game (Watford).

Its not 1 game, its not 5 games, its blood& 25 games isnt it ! This dates back to Janaury last yr. We had a really good spell when we went 12 unbeaten or what ever it was, its been dire since.

We only stayed up cause Wigan blew it and we got lucky in the last 2 games, the 11th position greatly flattered us, had we been playing a team battling for the top 6 and one battling relegation we''d have probably lost or drawn those two games. We could have very easily gone down last season.

Nothing has changed this season and the dire run is still ongoing. What is it, 3 wins in 26 matches?

I think you maybe confusing titlesthe negative lot are those afraid of change, afraid of the club making a positive move ... taking a decisive stepfor them negative football is good enough for us ........... and we should be grateful for itin fact, perhaps we shouldn''t be in the PL or even have a manager so wonderful as Mr Hughton clearly is

[quote user="City1st"]yes, it''s not like we signed any players in other summer breaks is it ?perhaps you can remind us how many players we signed in the summer of 2011/12 or the season before when we had just come up [/quote]
Perhaps you can remind us how many points we had from our first five league games in 2011/12. You can tell us how many wins we had from the first five league games in 2011/12 whilst you are at it. 
Perhaps you could also tell us how we got on in the 2nd Round of the League cup on 23rd August 2011, 
I already know the answers of course, but perhaps you could attempt (and fail) to back your own argument in front of everybody who perhaps doesn''t. 
Actually I will do it for you....
We had 2 points from our first 5 league games in 2011/12, no wins, and were knocked out of our first League Cup game in a 4-0 defeat to MK Dons.
But don''t let the facts get in the way of a good old moan about Hughton who is simply keeping up the good old Norwich tradition of a slow start to the season. 
Our quickest Premier League win since the early Nineties, there''s a nice little fact for you. 

[quote user="City1st"]no, sometimes it has the delights of replying to you, wiz.........................................in whatever guise you happen to be under

ps did you ever see Kenny Foggo tearing up and down the wing ?

[/quote]no mr pompous i''m not old enough but i heard he was quite good ?

Why all the hate for City 1st? He called out an obvious phony. Nobody real spews stats like the OP did. That''s likely why C1 threw down the stats gauntlet. The OP is at best a plastic. Plastics toss out stats because they can''t express real sentiment for something they don''t have real affection for. But the obscure stats trick some into thinking they must be genuine to have such deep knowledge. No, they just have access to stats and a weak imagination

This is the 2nd supposedly US-based self-proclaimed expert on all things City (or "the City") in 3 weeks. I didn''t believe either of them, or to be more precise, him. Either time.

It''s fun seeing him called out, but embarrassing to see fellow Pinkun regulars jumping to the defense of the obvious fake.

Maybe next time you can pretend to be a know-it-all from somewhere besides the US.

Houston, he/she may or may not be a fake, but a lot of what he/she has written is, in my opinion, valid. Just because it is a different opinion to some others on here, why the attack? Those who agree with the OP opinion also get ridiculed. Free speech huh?

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Why all the hate for City 1st? He called out an obvious phony. Nobody real spews stats like the OP did. That''s likely why C1 threw down the stats gauntlet. The OP is at best a plastic. Plastics toss out stats because they can''t express real sentiment for something they don''t have real affection for. But the obscure stats trick some into thinking they must be genuine to have such deep knowledge. No, they just have access to stats and a weak imagination

This is the 2nd supposedly US-based self-proclaimed expert on all things City (or "the City") in 3 weeks. I didn''t believe either of them, or to be more precise, him. Either time.

It''s fun seeing him called out, but embarrassing to see fellow Pinkun regulars jumping to the defense of the obvious fake.

Maybe next time you can pretend to be a know-it-all from somewhere besides the US.[/quote]I think its more fun seeing mr pompous in action, he takes this message board lark very seriously doesn''t he?painstakingly trawling through years of posts looking for similarities in opinions and posting patterns , and then bang when he has enough evidence  he exposes totally different posters as the same person (well in his warped mind) and gives himself a pat on the back as the saviour of the message board... well done mr pompous [:D]

Well, I''ve called out this fake (with far less effort, but still) and not been hated for it except maybe by the accused.

I''m not asking to be hated. I''m just surprised most of us seem to blindly accept thr obvious lied by the OP because he makes a statement you agree with within his fairytale.

Perhaps I resent him more for pretending to be US-based and such a know-it-all cuz it fits the stereotype of Americans so many people hate. His Jersey girl effort was pathetic. Where did she go? One thread and "poof", he disappeared. Now this one.

What an odd hobby.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Well, I''ve called out this fake (with far less effort, but still) and not been hated for it except maybe by the accused. I''m not asking to be hated. I''m just surprised most of us seem to blindly accept thr obvious lied by the OP because he makes a statement you agree with within his fairytale. Perhaps I resent him more for pretending to be US-based and such a know-it-all cuz it fits the stereotype of Americans so many people hate. His Jersey girl effort was pathetic. Where did she go? One thread and "poof", he disappeared. Now this one. What an odd hobby.[/quote]

This is just a bleeding message board ffs, where the hell do you think you are, the OK coral?

Jeez![:S]

Yes. That''s where I think I am. And where do you think you are? Camelot?

Coral is off the coast. Corral is where horsies stay. But that''s .......wait for it..........OK!

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Yes. That''s where I think I am. And where do you think you are? Camelot? Coral is off the coast. Corral is where horsies stay. But that''s .......wait for it..........OK! .[/quote]

If thats the sum of your defence Houston I''m sure we can all reach our own conclusions, my weakness is spelling, yours seem to be self importance.......just saying.

Defense of what? You didn''t say anything that needed it. This IS a message board. I agree. Your xenophobia I challenged with humor by throwing it back at you with something even stupider than your idiotic comment plus a little education so next time you don''t seem quite as ignorant.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Why all the hate for City 1st? He called out an obvious phony. Nobody real spews stats like the OP did. That''s likely why C1 threw down the stats gauntlet. The OP is at best a plastic. Plastics toss out stats because they can''t express real sentiment for something they don''t have real affection for. But the obscure stats trick some into thinking they must be genuine to have such deep knowledge. No, they just have access to stats and a weak imagination

Maybe next time you can pretend to be a know-it-all from somewhere besides the US.[/quote]

You mean like the poster "Gingerpele"? [:P]

The OP made some absurd and obviously false claims. Are we not to challenge those claims ? Or more importantly the intent behind them ?

Or are we to sink in to this pit of stupidity -

" Houston, he/she may or may not be a fake, but a lot of what he/she has written is, in my opinion, valid. Just because it is a different opinion to some others on here, why the attack? Those who agree with the OP opinion also get ridiculed. Free speech huh? "

...where supposed free speech only works one way ie you can lie through your teeth but you must not be challenged !

We''ve been here before with the Aston Villa forum incident where a regular to this forum (and thread) posted up some rather nasty and provocative posts on their forum just before Lambert was due here.

That he was challenged exposed and banned says much for them, as did his claim of victim status to get that exposure removed from here say much about him.

As stated by Houston this troll has now stopped using that login and will undoubtedly have reverted back to one of his other names.

Be under no illusion there are those who take great delight in causing trouble on forums such as these - and will also use threads like this to claim some kind of general discrediting of ''troll exposure'' - just as those with an eternal chip on their shoulder will add their tuppence worth.

So be reassured as long a they continue to infect this board there will be those all too willing to expose them -

what say you East Coast Canary ?

Ok, time to put this to bed. A fake and a phoney ? A fake and a phoney what ? Norwich City fan ? I am a 50 year old fan born and raised in the soccer hotbed of Merseyside. My dad was born and raised in Norwich and took me to my first City game against Millwall in 1970 (and yes, kenny Foggo was playing) when I was six years old. I have ''supported them avidly ever since, not easy when all your mickey taking pals support the big four of Manchester and Liverpool and enjoyed the successes that came with them. Admittedly trips to Carrow Road growing up were certainly not as regular as going to away games at anywhere within an hour or so drive, the big four, Port Vale, Stoke, Wolves, Wigan, Bolton etc etc.

I remember crying when my dad wouldn''t take me to Wembley in ''73 cos he didn''t have another ticket for my Man City supporting brother, being overjoyed when he took me two years later and being horrified at Kevin Keelans foul language not to mention seeing Trevor Howard driving out of Trowse with a cigarette in his mouth and was also at Anfield when Ted and Martin Peters conspired to beat the great LiverpooI side in (I think) ''74 and at the very last game in front of the Kop. I moved to Long Beach, California almost six years ago although quite why anyone would think I''d lie about that is anyones guess. Maybe next time you head to Cali Houston we could meet up for a beer.

As I said in my original post I''ve viewed this forum for quite a while but never felt the need to stick my two penny worth in justified all the enrolling and registering these things entail, that is until Tuesday when I finally had enough of the calls for Chris Hughtons head. The man is a football man and someone who I am sure, contrary to postings on here, is totally respected by his playing squad. You just have to hear Nathan Redmond speak of him to see that.

He''s had one season in charge and did well and has brought optimism to our club, for me at least, with his exciting summer signings. Now all those haters and half time booers get off his back and let him do his bleeding job !!!

Houston Canary; let me knwo when you''re coming out !

[quote user="Ted Macdougals afro"]

Ok, time to put this to bed. A fake and a phoney ? A fake and a phoney what ? Norwich City fan ? I am a 50 year old fan born and raised in the soccer hotbed of Merseyside. My dad was born and raised in Norwich and took me to my first City game against Millwall in 1970 (and yes, kenny Foggo was playing) when I was six years old. I have ''supported them avidly ever since, not easy when all your mickey taking pals support the big four of Manchester and Liverpool and enjoyed the successes that came with them. Admittedly trips to Carrow Road growing up were certainly not as regular as going to away games at anywhere within an hour or so drive, the big four, Port Vale, Stoke, Wolves, Wigan, Bolton etc etc.

I remember crying when my dad wouldn''t take me to Wembley in ''73 cos he didn''t have another ticket for my Man City supporting brother, being overjoyed when he took me two years later and being horrified at Kevin Keelans foul language not to mention seeing Trevor Howard driving out of Trowse with a cigarette in his mouth and was also at Anfield when Ted and Martin Peters conspired to beat the great LiverpooI side in (I think) ''74 and at the very last game in front of the Kop. I moved to Long Beach, California almost six years ago although quite why anyone would think I''d lie about that is anyones guess. Maybe next time you head to Cali Houston we could meet up for a beer.

As I said in my original post I''ve viewed this forum for quite a while but never felt the need to stick my two penny worth in justified all the enrolling and registering these things entail, that is until Tuesday when I finally had enough of the calls for Chris Hughtons head. The man is a football man and someone who I am sure, contrary to postings on here, is totally respected by his playing squad. You just have to hear Nathan Redmond speak of him to see that.

He''s had one season in charge and did well and has brought optimism to our club, for me at least, with his exciting summer signings. Now all those haters and half time booers get off his back and let him do his bleeding job !!!

Houston Canary; let me knwo when you''re coming out !

[/quote]I hate that this forum/message board is going down the route of forcing people to "prove" how good a Norwich supporter they are.I''ve been fortunate to have been able to have gone to quite a few home and away games since 2001 but that doesnt give me the right to judge anybody else. We all have different personal circumstances etc.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I dunno Wiz!

671 posts and you think you know the lot.....

[/quote]

But I had over 19,000 before I had to re-register Nutty................still, you knew that already.[:|]