Sign in to follow this  
Ted Macdougals afro

For Heavens Sake Back Off !!!!

I’m a Canary living in California and such is the magnitude of TV coverage of EPL over here that I am fortunate enough to be able to have watched every single City game, home and away, since our return to the premiership. I often browse this forum and have long been flabbergasted at the fickle nature of the majority of people who post on here. Tonight, the Watford game was the final straw.

City are struggling temporarily, of that there is no doubt but hardly surprising considering the new faces that arrived in in the summer. That said, in Chris Hughton we are fortunate enough have a smart, tactically astute and highly respected young football man as our manager. His arrival brought with it the realization that the gung ho nature of our play, whilst often exciting, needing sorting out if we were to remain amongst the elite, something he did in his first year in office claiming our highest league position in years into the bargain.

The idiots I see regularly calling for his head on this forum just a handful of games into only his second season make me sick and I could see them sharpening their pens as Watfords second went in. Thank God we came back with two goals from a player who is an undoubted goal scorer and who came in under the radar of all other managers in the country with the exception of Harry Redknapp. A great coup for CH.

You people who call for the managers head know who you are. Your knowledge and understanding of the game is judging by your constant diatribe against CH limited to say the least and to consider yourself supporters is more damaging to my beloved club than anything Chris Hughton and his team could conspire to do.

For heavens sake Grow up and start supporting your team !!

People who aren''t happy have limited knowledge of the game, yet you say we have a tactically astute manager in Chris Hughton.

Wow. Even people who don''t want Hughton sacked have questioned his tactics?

"City are struggling temporarily, of that there is

no doubt but hardly surprising considering the new faces that arrived in

in the summer."

yes, it''s not like we signed any players in other summer breaks is it ?perhaps you can remind us how many players we signed in the summer of 2011/12 or the season before when we had just come upas to the ridiculous sh ite about gung ho play might I remind you that type of play put us 11 points clear of relegation

ps as to you deluding yourself that the rest of us cannot see you are no more than one of the usual trolls who has simply made up yet another login name i would say carry on, as at least there is one person you are fooling .......... yourself

[quote user="Ted Macdougals afro"]

I’m a Canary living in California and such is the magnitude of TV coverage of EPL over here that I am fortunate enough to be able to have watched every single City game, home and away, since our return to the premiership. I often browse this forum and have long been flabbergasted at the fickle nature of the majority of people who post on here. Tonight, the Watford game was the final straw.

City are struggling temporarily, of that there is no doubt but hardly surprising considering the new faces that arrived in in the summer. That said, in Chris Hughton we are fortunate enough have a smart, tactically astute and highly respected young football man as our manager. His arrival brought with it the realization that the gung ho nature of our play, whilst often exciting, needing sorting out if we were to remain amongst the elite, something he did in his first year in office claiming our highest league position in years into the bargain.

The idiots I see regularly calling for his head on this forum just a handful of games into only his second season make me sick and I could see them sharpening their pens as Watfords second went in. Thank God we came back with two goals from a player who is an undoubted goal scorer and who came in under the radar of all other managers in the country with the exception of Harry Redknapp. A great coup for CH.

You people who call for the managers head know who you are. Your knowledge and understanding of the game is judging by your constant diatribe against CH limited to say the least and to consider yourself supporters is more damaging to my beloved club than anything Chris Hughton and his team could conspire to do.

[/quote]Long time listener, First time poster....... Not every single game has been on the TV in America. 90% but not every single one. And i can''t vouch now it''s on NBC this season. If you have watched every game then you''d know we struggled a lot last season as well. It''s not a temporary blip. We''ve hardly been excelling as you seem to suggest

You two are two fine examples of why I posted in the first place. Tactically astute because on arrival he immediately saw we needed to shore up a porrous defence. Last season (with the exception of our League 1 promotion year) was the least goals the team had conceded in ten years since our 2004 promotion campaign and was also our highest top flight finish since the inaugaral premier league in 1993 . Job done I''d say and hardly reason to sack the man !!

so the telly stuff was actually a lienow tell us how many players came in this summer compared to others

ps bear in mind that it is not too difficult to check who has used the same line of argument elsewhere using another name

Interesting how those team history stats just flow from your mind and into the message. Or did you just google that thinking it makes you sound legit?

Backfire, TMA. It makes you sound even phonier. Do you know the New Jersey Canary Girl?

in Chris Hughton we are fortunate enough have a smart, tactically astute and highly respected young football man

[/quote]Now this has been copied from somewhere. Hughton is 55, hardly a spring chicken me thinks....

Temporarily struggling??

The last 26 games with 6 wins or something along those lines?

I call that pretty much relegation form over a season.

Think you best stick to the other kind of football

what about those TV games you claimed to have seen?

as to his age he is 55 in less than three months time - which hardly qualifies him as being young

so, possibly one of the worst attempts at trolling we have had on here for some whilenow why not jog off and read up about our club first before your next attemptbye bye

[quote user="City1st"]"City are struggling temporarily, of that there is

no doubt but hardly surprising considering the new faces that arrived in

in the summer."
yes, it''s not like we signed any players in other summer breaks is it ?perhaps you can remind us how many players we signed in the summer of 2011/12 or the season before when we had just come up
[/quote]And how many points did we have on the board five games into each of those seasons? We''re hardly breaking with previous form; we started slowly in both of them too, even under the attack-minded Messiah!

@ Chip 20 - Yes we did start slowly in all three recent prem campaigns, even under the messiah but I bet none of you were shouting for him to be sacked ! As for the amount of players signed pre season the previous year I don''t know, just know that four bloody good defenders were amongst his signings.

@ Alartz - City are struggling no more, as in every season, than 70% of the rest of this league.

@ Rogue Baboon - Questioning someones tactics is like questioning someones dress sense. Who''s right ? All I''m saying is Hughton hasn''t done anything remotely close to being fired for.

@ Houston Canary - No I don''t know her. Why ? Do you ?

@ City1st - ......just jog off and read up about our club etc ............ Do you recall a man named Ken Foggo ? Ever see him play ?

I''ll finish off by asking which of you fellas would like to see Chris Hughton sacked from his current position as manager of NCFC ? Then I''ll make my judgement.

so you have no idea how many players we signed in each close season, yet you bleat away about Ken Foggo as if that has any relevancenow tells us about watching the games on tellyor the young Mr Hughton

ps you might care to tell your ''mate'' chip that those calling for Hughton to go are basing their view on the past 27 or so league games, so if he is to have his whine then let it at least be on the basis of accuracy

[/quote]

Couldn''t have said it better myself.

Just for the record. I never watched Kenny Foggo play due to the fact I was born long after he played for Norwich. Thus i looked up Kenny Foggo chants and got this http://www.footballchants.org/viewChants.php?divs=D0&division=Championship&teams=36&teamname=Norwich&club=Norwich&let=K&p= and how easy it is to find information to make a simple statement

[quote user="City1st"]ps you might care to tell your ''mate'' chip that those calling for Hughton to go are basing their view on the past 27 or so league games, so if he is to have his whine then let it at least be on the basis of accuracy[/quote]

You can pick statistics to support any argument. For example, 5 of our 9 last competitive matches have been wins.

but would you have claimed to have watched some imaginary games on the telly ?or not even have a clue about supposedly your own club''s managers age ?

then when challenged not have a clue about how many players the club signed ?

the worst troll we''ve had since a man claimed to have sat in a stadium without any roofs and listened to radio norfolk whilst he was deaf

Rogue Baboon - "Wow. Even people who don''t want Hughton sacked have questioned his tactics?"

I''ve questioned his tactics on occasion, certainly. I certainly had sympathy with the point that he didn''t do much in terms of tactical substitutions last season, although I also think it''s true to say that there wasn''t really the depth of squad to have many options for tactical substitutions.

The 4-4-2 nonsense is just that.

What I''ve never questioned is his strategic nouse. Defensive improvements were key to Premier League longevity and he made a massive difference on that front at the expense of an efficacious attack. He''s now focussing on developing the attacking front and it is coming. Possession is dramatically improved and it''s now a case of utilising it more effectively.

What I have no sympathy with is people wanting to throw the baby out with the bathwater at such an early stage.

Hughton also has the charm to attract players that we wouldn''t have dreamed of last year into the squad and I''m not sure a lot of managers could have done that with a club of our current stature.

He''s a good manager. He never has a bad word to say about his players and supports them to the hilt. Tonight demonstrates quite clearly that there''s plenty of passion in the team and the experience of a tough, but ultimately successful, fightback away from home will do morale wonders.

TMA & LYB

Don''t let the HOBNOBs bully you out of your opinions! Your comments are valid and all sensible NCFC fans will support your reasoned approach.

These people are very trying! Their constant attacks towards CH is more likely to divide and therefore destroy the club they claim to support. They may pontificate and claim to be the voice of the people - but they are not - they are just individuals who have jumped on a misguided bandwagon of trying to get CH fired. They obviously have never been pivotally involved in successful leadership!

Also, what hasn''t penetrated through dura of these folk is that Mr Lambert isn''t coming back! He deserted them (as seems par for the course for him) and it appears that they can''t face the reality of that. So the next best thing is to try and undermine whoever replaces him!

Another thought that has in all likelihood eluded them, is IF they were to achieve their goal, then the position of Norwich manager would be seen as such a poisoned chalice, that the most sought after managers would probably want to give Norfolk a wide berth!

[quote user="Herman "]Did you you go last night?[/quote]

First away game this Callander year missed due to having an operation in hospital on Monday. Back to stoke on Sunday though!

I remember Kenny Foggo, and met Peter Sylvester at the Southampton game and asked if he still kept in touch with him, he does, and apparently he is running a Dry Cleaning business in London.

Anyway, it is a strength in a person to understand and accept that others may actually have a different opinion to them and then to debate in a polite and appropriate manner, this really doesnt happen very often on here. The need insult and to nit-pick on the detail is a particularly irritating habit and one that really isnt necessary on such a board and detracts from the subject.

The OP has clearly had enough of the way over the top negativity on here and is simply putting an alternative case forward, well done on that, unfortunately you then received a small slice of the notorious pink-un, shall we say "back lash" for having an opposing view.

I guess, I like many others, sit in the middle, dont get over excited or down in the dumps after a difficult first few games, understanding the challenge at hand and also where we are as a football club compared to other clubs, whilst also putting a much needed win away in the Cup in perspective and certainly being cautious as to whether its a turning point or whatever.    

[quote user="City1st"]but would you have claimed to have watched some imaginary games on the telly ?

or not even have a clue about supposedly your own club''s managers age ?

then when challenged not have a clue about how many players the club signed ?

the worst troll we''ve had since a man claimed to have sat in a stadium without any roofs and listened to radio norfolk whilst he was deaf

[/quote]

Regardless of your lies, embelishments, trawling up and twisting my words etc, I know what I''ve seen, and yes, heard in my long life....I wasn''t born deaf remember, thankfully my wife''s ears are my hearing now .

From cheering Sandy Kennon to cheering Darren Huckerby live at Carrow Road, to using damn service lifts at the ground, I KNOW what I''ve done in following the City.

Now politely, do your worse. ..........and go to hell.

The problem is wiz that there has been too many times when you have been caught out. Claiming to have stood in the ground when there were three stands without roofs - something you had stated on the basis of seeing that pre war photo. Possibly the only photo ntaken of the ground. A post that talked of memories, each and everyone of the a direct left from other posts.Your deafness is now no more than a standing joke on this thread as you have been caught out so many times. Nobody knows your true condition as you have cried wolf so many times. Likewise with you numerous other login names (it''s not too difficult to check up who is who).I would suggest to you that if you choose to make unfounded slurs and attacks upon the club and those associated with it don''t be surprised when the spotlight is turned on you. From claims that the Smiths were syphoning off money, that Bowkett and Mcnally were lying to the club, that Stephen Fry was a convicted class A drug user. to the disgraceful ''Aston Villa thread and the constant talk of driving the bugger/sod out.Which brings me to the OP. It should have been clear to anyone that this was no more than one of the regular trolls trying to stir the sh it. Anyone who is too stupid to not see through the nonsense of someone claiming to have seen all Norwich City''s games on the tv when they have not all been broadcast, has not a clue about the manager''s age likewise the players sold can hardly be in a position to bleat about how nasty it all is on here.If you have not the integrity to expose those trolls or at least the good sense to ignore them, then don''t complain about their behaviour.

[quote user="City1st"]The problem is wiz that there has been too many times when you have been caught out. Claiming to have stood in the ground when there were three stands without roofs - something you had stated on the basis of seeing that pre war photo. Possibly the only photo ntaken of the ground. A post that talked of memories, each and everyone of the a direct left from other posts.

Your deafness is now no more than a standing joke on this thread as you have been caught out so many times. Nobody knows your true condition as you have cried wolf so many times. Likewise with you numerous other login names (it''s not too difficult to check up who is who).

I would suggest to you that if you choose to make unfounded slurs and attacks upon the club and those associated with it don''t be surprised when the spotlight is turned on you. From claims that the Smiths were syphoning off money, that Bowkett and Mcnally were lying to the club, that Stephen Fry was a convicted class A drug user. to the disgraceful ''Aston Villa thread and the constant talk of driving the bugger/sod out.

Which brings me to the OP. It should have been clear to anyone that this was no more than one of the regular trolls trying to stir the sh it. Anyone who is too stupid to not see through the nonsense of someone claiming to have seen all Norwich City''s games on the tv when they have not all been broadcast, has not a clue about the manager''s age likewise the players sold can hardly be in a position to bleat about how nasty it all is on here.

If you have not the integrity to expose those trolls or at least the good sense to ignore them, then don''t complain about their behaviour.

[/quote]

The only user names I''ve ever used on here are. 1st wizard, first wizard, wiz and east coast canary (upon a new registratration) honestly.