Sign in to follow this  
Fleck@Millwall

Has Snoddy been fined yet and made to train with the development squad?

Purple, don''t be obtuse.  You''re better than that.  You know full well that my point is that the same posters frothing about the penalty are those who do proclaim the myth.  They are hypocrites who want to attack Hughton in every situation.  My posts are addressed to them not the posters like you who have the integrity to look at things on their merits.   Are you saying that there are not many posters complaining that the players are shackled by Hughton''s tactics?

The fact that the myth even exists is demonstrative of the attitude of some posters.  "Hound the sod out" is well underway on here at least.

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

Purple, don''t be obtuse.  You''re better than that.  You know full well that my point is that the same posters frothing about the penalty are those who do proclaim the myth.  They are hypocrites who want to attack Hughton in every situation.  My posts are addressed to them not the posters like you who have the integrity to look at things on their merits.   Are you saying that there are not many posters complaining that the players are shackled by Hughton''s tactics?

The fact that the myth even exists is demonstrative of the attitude of some posters.  "Hound the sod out" is well underway on here at least.

[/quote]FACT.  The players are ''shackled'' by Hughton''s tactics.

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

[/quote]

The obtuseness is on your side. Of course I know "Hughton out" is under way and that there are some pretty dumb arguments being put forward to support that.But you are using the fact that there are some dumb arguments to evade coming up with a rational argument against the point Yankee and I and others have made; namely that any way you cut it the penalty incident showed Hughton''s management in a bad light. And I repeat, I speak as a (now pondering) Hughton supporter.

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

[/quote]FACT.  The players are ''shackled'' by Hughton''s tactics. [/quote]

In Moyo''s case the comparison would be justified.

FACT. [;)]

If RvW had been able to stand his ground against Snoddy this debate would not be happening...whatever the outcome of the penalty. The fact is he didn''t and in my opinion whatever his price tag, he''s not ready for the PL, mentally or physically. There is an apparent void at the club at the minute...nobody that has the robustness of character and good humour to keep the squad in check the way Grant Holt could...the guy had the humility to take as good as he got, as well as having all the physical attributes regardless of what has been said about his fitness. Whether Snoddy sees himself as the natural heir to the ''throne'' or not and thus stepped in to state his case by taking the penalty, I am not totally convinced but some would might see it that way...however what is clear is that if Hughton doesn''t assert his authority over the squad soon, this power struggle...or rather this, mass escape from responsibility will be irreversible.

What is Calderwood''s influence over the squad? Is he generally liked and respected? We don''t really discuss his influence much here!

[quote user="Hooleyfan"]If RvW had been able to stand his ground against Snoddy this debate would not be happening...whatever the outcome of the penalty. The fact is he didn''t and in my opinion whatever his price tag, he''s not ready for the PL, mentally or physically. [/quote]

agreed! he''s fast looking no where near up to it... the best way is to introduce him from the bench til he has settled in and is up to the level.

I have a feeling he might not be here next season... 9 million is a huge millstone round his neck.. the longer he goes without a goal the sooner certain sections of the crowd are going to turn...

What tosh! because he ''allowed'' Snodgrass to take the pen off him he is not up to the physicality of the Prem? Rubbish!

What was he supposed to do lay Snoddy out with a right hook? He acted professionally and just got on with it! continued to play hard and chased back at the end of the game when Msrs Snodgrass, Pilkington and Fer stood still!

He has been nothing but professional since he got here! More thancan be said for some!

snake

There is a risk of this thread straying way off subject and, frankly, being hijacked by the sort of histrionics displayed by Jas above.

How on earth can you say RvW is not up to it ? He''s played 5 games, and in the vast majority of those, he''s had bugger all service, by those who should know better. He was clearly getting very frustrated on Sat. His body language gave that away. As long as CH insists on following this ridiculous fad of playing wide men on the "wrong" wing, there is no way RvW will be able to play to his strengths, particularly if Snodders continues to give the opposition keeper catching practice for 90 mins.

I just stumbled upon this video, which shows a very similar incident that took place in early 2012, at a Sporting vs Moriense game. Bulgarian international Bojinov pushes away Sporting''s dedicated taker (not RvW, who was already with Sporting at the time, although not visible on the video, so probably wasn''t on the pitch) -- and fails.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/the-push-the-penalty-fail-bojinov-fernandez-sporting-lisbon-vs-moreirense/

http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/the-push-the-penalty-fail-valeri-bojinov-matias-fernandez-sporting-lisbon-vs-moreirense/

The aftermath of the event is quite interesting. Sporting CP immediately declared Bojinov persona non-grata, forbidding the player from entering the stadium or the training academy on the basis that the player disrespected the decision of the coach and therefore the rules of the club. They loaned him to various Italian clubs and subsequently terminated his contract. He''s a free agent now.

I''m not saying that the City should take similar action against Snoddy, simply pointing at a very similar case. Also, it would be interesting to hear RvW''s reaction, who may have some déja vu feeing, despite he had not been directly involved in the Sporting incident.

I am with Jimmy and the others on this, am actually delighted we didnt "hear from our manager" and confident that it was handled appropriately internally. Snodgrass right now appears to have become very quickly the latest player to be getting over the top criticism, what he did was very disappointing of course, but like me, I am sure you have all seen similar happen at other clubs over the years occasionally.

He is having a difficult time clearly and not happy with his own performances, now is the time for good management skills to help support him and get him through it, and my guess is that he regrets what he did too and has probably apologised to his team mates.

Snodgrass is a class act and the sooner he gets his game back together the better, and he will do this quicker if everyone is behind him routing for him.    

The proverbial ''Defending the indefensible''!

Yes Hughton rightly did not wash the dirty laundry in public.  That I agree with, but to try and explain away what Snoddy did and somehow feel sorry for him is beyond reason!

He''s having a tough time so what he did was just disappointing and all give him a big hug because he is such a star and top team player and we all love him.  Awww!

Sarcastic I know, but really! He showed so much disrespect that any self respecting manager would come down hard on such behaviour.  Just ask yourselves, would Clough or Shankly or Sir Alex have put up with such behaviour from one of their players?  It is not the first time he has acted this way and coupled with the rest of his antics recently, it is not acceptable.

He needs to understand humility for the good of the team.  He needs to be made to earn his place back.  If he does that I will begin to respect him again, but until that time he needs to accept the consequences of his actions!

Snake

The Bojinov thing is exactly the same! Snodgrass is very lucky i guess. I bet Bojinov would have gotten away with it if he was a good player though.

Not necessarily, I believe it''s also down to the club''s attitude and policy. In the Serie A Bojinov''s stats were around 150/35, before he signed a 3 year contract with Sporting. Since at the time he was only 6 months into this contract, and his transfer fee was 2,5m euros, Sporting obviously lost a lot on the decision as it inevitably devalued the player. Said that, it seems to be a good decision that City did not take any public disciplinary act, as it would have probably entailed unwanted media exposure that would have done more harm than good.

Last season GH was the leader on the pitch and in the dressing room. Snoddy was aware of this and acted accordingly. This season with the departure of GH is there a power vacuum at the club which Snoddy is trying to fill? if so, alienating players, RvW and Pilks we know of, is not conducive to a good team spirit. Whatever the reason it must be stopped at once, and if benching, or dropping completely, is the only way to get through to him then action must be taken.

Case in point star, where the heck was Bassong and/or Martin? Team and club captain on the pitch, that''s who should have shown the leadership at the time.

With so many of the old guard gone its inevitable that there will be a power struggle...I think Leroy Fer can be that captain on the pitch but as a new boy he may need a season to settle in. Russel Martin is not guaranteed a place and is too much of a nice guy despite his undoubted intelligence and presence in front of the camera, to be a controlling influence around the squad... particularly with Snodgrass and Pilkington who I would say are the most petulant and have the biggest egos in the squad at the moment. Not forgetting Seb, he does a good job commanding the back line but I wonder what his presence is beyond match day. He appears to have that sense of humour which captains need and I am thinking of the dancing routines which highlight that, but is he sufficiently imposing in his communication in English to tame Snodgrass and others? I don''t know! We need strong leadership and role models to guide our new youngsters such as Redmond and Murphy and I am afraid that emulating the petulance of Snoddy will ruin those youngsters and divide the squad.

We''ve had fantastic stability and drive since the coming of Lambert and I can''t think of one player who was prone to tantrums like Snoddy in that time...well perhaps Chris Martin and King of Spain did a little bit, but Snoddy despite his talent and work ethic, needs to reigned in now before his behaviour significantly affects other''s games.

ELF, that is the exact point I brought up on more than 1 thread and which never got a reaction. What was the captain doing thru this charade, and why didn''t he step up and tell Snodgrasd to back away and prepare to charge in for a potential rebound.

Houston, where indeed was Seb last week. He certainly wasn''t in his usual form when he was on the pitch! I asked elsewhere if he was ill \ injured / pxssed off that day ''cos he was abysmal. He couldn''t wait to get off the pitch when he felt his hamstring tweak, as Hanson highlited on MOTD with a hint that not all was right in his head! On that basis I don''t think he would have given a toss who was taking the penalty Saturday.