Sign in to follow this  
unique

Gary Hooper

If his overall goalscoring record hadn''t installed Hooper as Norwich''s premium striker, then the way he took his two goals on Tuesday night and saved the club a little embarrassment, has underlined that fact.

RVW may have cost more money, but let''s hope that doesn''t bear too much influence on Hughton''s line-ups.

Hooper himself has suggested that he can ''play in the hole'' behind RVW, and I believe to offer the best goal threat, Hughton should give this every chance of working. The suggestion implies Hooper''s belief that RVW is at the front of the queue for the sole striker role.

If results are to start improving in the PL, then I rather think that Hooper will need to play a major part.

[quote user="unique"]If his overall goalscoring record hadn''t installed Hooper as Norwich''s premium striker, then the way he took his two goals on Tuesday night and saved the club a little embarrassment, has underlined that fact.

RVW may have cost more money, but let''s hope that doesn''t bear too much influence on Hughton''s line-ups.

Hooper himself has suggested that he can ''play in the hole'' behind RVW, and I believe to offer the best goal threat, Hughton should give this every chance of working. The suggestion implies Hooper''s belief that RVW is at the front of the queue for the sole striker role.

If results are to start improving in the PL, then I rather think that Hooper will need to play a major part.[/quote]Agree with most of thisBelieve Hooper will be more important for us than RVW will this season.Hooper has the physicality needed for the PL and RVW is still finding his feet

I said this when we signed him that I think Hooper will relieve a lot of the pressure off RVW if they are allowed to play together. Whilst Hooper is very effective at being able to drift and being in the right place at the right time to "poach", he also has the physicality to be the guy up front that provides RVW with less attention by being the nuisance.

I don''t think necessarily as a two up top but definitely Hooper dropping a bit deeper and (hopefully) bringing a defender or two with him allowing RVW to ghost in behind onto through balls from Fer and Howson.

A man can dream can''t he?

When Fer sent the through ball to him for his second goal I felt for Wolfie, he''s been waiting for a ball like that since the start of the season

[quote user="HoltsDerbyDayHattrick"]How is the wolf weak?!?!?!

He has had feck all service and thats the problem.

Like has been mentioned above RVW needs balls like fer played to hooper in the watford game[/quote]

Were u at the spurs game he got knocked off the ball more times than a tart gets knocked off on ber street

[quote user="HoltsDerbyDayHattrick"]You would as well if you were up against sandro, kaboul and dawson! nevermind suarez must be too light weight, got out muscled by an oap in ferdinand. What a shit player suarez is.[/quote]

He had those to contend with,plus poor service from his own colleagues plus a ref that gave him nothing.Still,I thought he had a reasonable game at Spurs.Well,compared to the rest.[:D]

i think they''ll play great together, more of a 4-4-2 that hughton was known for at his previous clubs (ones where he actually had success....even though we did finish 11th)

At Watford, not only did we see Hooper''s goal scoring skills but his ability to be a good team player. Instead of being selfish and going for a hat trick near the end of the game he gave the chance to Josh Murphy

i didnt realise until pre season how big hooper is, man has shoulders like a boxer, which on one hand makes him ideal for english football, on the other it also makes ideal for a one man strike force, which suits hughtons unchanged unimaginitive style/tactics.....

groan :(

"old fashioned" or not theres a potential straight 2 up front brute + technique pairing with wolfie + hooper which he really needs to try

[quote user="Waveney Canary"]I think hooper could end up being out main striker rather than the wolf who so far seems weak physically or am I being harsh as Holty was so powerful[/quote]

I''ve always thought this too, sadly I fear Hughton will prefer Elmander to him.