Sign in to follow this  
A Load of Squit

Josh Murphy

So you''re pleased he''s been included then Iwan?  I''m delighted Hughton has included him.  [Y]

I certainly don''t think Hughton will bring him on due to the pressure from the fans.  If Hughton doesn''t think it''s right for him to come on, he won''t come on.

Even if he doesn''t get any game time this time, I think it will be an unbelievable and invaluable experience for the lad.

And when he does make his debut in a top flight game, he will be the first home grown player to do so since? Erm, ooh now there''s a question!  It will be a  very proud moment not just for him and his family and the club, but for the fans as well.  Hopefully he will be one of a few who will over the next 1 - 3 years find their way into the first team. 

I think it''s fair to say that virtually all City fans would recognise that homegrown talent  is something we''ve been lacking in the first team for a long, long time and given the category 1 status it is certainly something that the club are targeting to change over the coming years. 

Here''s to some very proud and exciting times ahead[Y]

Depending on who is starting and, subsequently, who is on the bench, yes. Personally I''d have Redmond on the bench with Pilkington and Snodgrass starting. So unsure how much room there would be for him on the bench.

And I think the last home grown player - note the Murphy brothers have only spent a couple of seasons in our youth section, they were previously at QPR - to make a Premiership debut for us was Jamie Cureton. Who, it''s fair to say, has had a very respectable but unexciting career.

I certainly agree Norwich fans are hungry for one of their own to make their way into the side, especially a Prem side, and succeed. I''d count myself within that group of fans. Yet, if anything, that makes me want Murphy to go out on loan more, where he can get experience, improve and learn away from the spot light and scrutiny of Norwich fans desperate for a youth in the first team.

Very exciting times ahead.

Iwan, just when I thought we were going to start agreeing and I don''t agree with any of that, other than exciting times ahead!

Re Snodgrass, you''re having a laugh!

Note - the Murphy brothers have been with us for a lot longer than a couple of seasons.  They did indeed both sign on as Academy scholars in 2011, but both joined us in 2006 as under 12s!  They most certainly can be classed as homegrown!

Not this loan obsession again!?  Personally I think the opposite re the Norwich fans, who I think by far the vast majority will be extremely lenient with them, precisely because they are homegrown!

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]Depending on who is starting and, subsequently, who is on the bench, yes. Personally I''d have Redmond on the bench with Pilkington and Snodgrass starting. So unsure how much room there would be for him on the bench.

And I think the last home grown player - note the Murphy brothers have only spent a couple of seasons in our youth section, they were previously at QPR - to make a Premiership debut for us was Jamie Cureton. Who, it''s fair to say, has had a very respectable but unexciting career.

I certainly agree Norwich fans are hungry for one of their own to make their way into the side, especially a Prem side, and succeed. I''d count myself within that group of fans. Yet, if anything, that makes me want Murphy to go out on loan more, where he can get experience, improve and learn away from the spot light and scrutiny of Norwich fans desperate for a youth in the first team.

Very exciting times ahead.[/quote]

Several " home grown " players since Cureton. The Jarvis brothers, Spillane, and of course Chris Martin.

As you say, Broadslim, this is a platform for opinions.

Without trying to digress too far, I would play Snodgrass because, for all his current faults and the ones from last year, he is still capable of providing that little bit of difference. Which isn''t a mark against Redmond, but the guy has just run his socks off and i''d prefer to bring him on with 30 minutes to go and run at the Stoke defence, unnerve them and give them a horrid time.

Yep they were with us and then left for other clubs only to return - fortunately for us.

And I hope you''re right re.Norwich fans'' reactions but I remember quite how ''lenient'' a number were with the likes of Robert Eagles, Jarvis brothers, Crow, Daley and do not want the lad to suffer from that.

And Star, if you read what Broadslim and I were saying, it was homegrown players making their full debut in the Premiership. Hence Cureton I believe is the most recent one back in ''94.