Sign in to follow this  
A Load of Squit

Josh Murphy

if that''s true its terrible and what the problem at the clun is you ask a young boy to go on and do something produce the goods and he does to great effect ! , then you drop him for someone like Snodgrass someone who isn''t in form someone who is not producing ....

I don''t know if murphy will play as well again if selected might be better who knows ? but I do know he has produced every level he has played at so far ......better than a moaning snoddy who doesn''t listen to the manager

Joanna Grey wrote the following post at 2013-09-26 1:55 AM:

Don''t know what he''s doing.

Think you are spit on there JG - he hasn''t got a clue!

That reminds me of someone!

Not forgetting that Watford are top Championship side, so not a huge difference between them and the bottom of the prem.

It just feels like, go out there and save my aris son,  Great, good job josh, good goal, thanks, but by the way you won''t be getting a shot in the league for a long time.  You''re not ready, and I couldn''t do anything as crazy as risk you in the league, no no no.  Thinks to himself, at least I have Snoddy to bring back for the league, I''m thinking about changing my name to Norman Ormal.

Actually there could be a worse crime committed at Stoke than if Snoddy plays.  If Elamnder plays!  I haven''t seen him do anything, he seems way off the pace. 

Josh deserves a place on the bench![:@]

Do you not want Loza, instead, Norfolkbroadslim?

I do find it ironic that you''re more than happy to complain about Hughton putting him on in the game billing it as arse-saving - when it was a match-changing substitution which you don''t bother to credit - but want Josh included in the league game squad. Will it be ''save my aris'' again if he''s on the bench?

Reality check maybe required.

While Murphy produced an excellent display on his debut, and yes, scored a wonderful goal to set us on our way to victory, lets not all jump on the Josh Murphy bandwagon that he is the miracle answer to Hughton''s team performances.

Lets not put the poor kid on some pedestal, only to knock him off it when the pressure really kicks in.

Just remember back to when Ryan Giggs first emerged on the football scene, Sir Alex wrapped him up in cotton wool, protected him from the media and all the hype around, so lets allow Hughton to deal with this in the correct manner... i.e. if Murphy isnt deemed ready just yet, then patiently wait for him to develop in training sessions and reserve football until the point where he will be ready... for our longer-term gain. (obviously much like waiting for Becchio to have his opportunity, one would like to add here ).

Djc i agree... Not sure what Chrissy is meant to say... he''s the next messi, he should be in the England squad....

I just hope he''s done enough to force himself onto the bench and maybe the odd sub appearance, would work quite well Redmond 60/70 mins, and then the pace of Murphy.

Don''t want him to play every game or even start on Sunday. But at least put him on the bench for Sunday for a bit of the unknown factor. Dropping him completely shows a lack of adventure.....

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]Do you not want Loza, instead, Norfolkbroadslim? I do find it ironic that you''re more than happy to complain about Hughton putting him on in the game billing it as arse-saving - when it was a match-changing substitution which you don''t bother to credit - but want Josh included in the league game squad. Will it be ''save my aris'' again if he''s on the bench?[/quote]

It''s not ironic at all.  I wasn''t complaining about him being put on in the game.  I''m delighted he got his chance, but he wouldn''t have, if we hadn''t of been 2-0 down and it really was last chance saloon.

Yes it was a match changing substitution, hence why I think he deserves a place in the squad at Stoke!

What''s Loza got to do with this debate?  Other than you, for god knows what reason, having an issue with my praise of Loza on another thread???

I don''t know what your problem is and I honestly don''t give a fluck.  My point is, that if Hughton deemed Josh as good enough to come on, and hopefully change the game, which he did.  He scored a great goal against a top Championship side, then how can Hughton also deem him as only a "young 18 year old" who is not ready for the league?  Which to me implies that Hughton thinks he is quite a way away from being ready for the league.

To me the two don''t go hand in hand, even though I do recognise that the league is different from the cup.  I also think it must have been very disheartening for Josh to hear that as well and I hope that Chris relayed his thoughts to Josh before he said what he did to the media.

I hope I am wrong, but I don''t Josh or any of our youngsters have got a chance of being involved in the league under Hughton until they have been out on loan first[:(]

People are saying we shouldn''t put Josh on some kind of pedestal - why not? We did Chris Martin and he went on to win the Johnstone''s Paint Trophy with Luton.

Shyster!!!

Where have you been hiding! Hope all''s well. 

Now you''re here how about leaving Vindo a selection on Rays Funds and if you decide to hang around I miss your input with our league table[;)]

Not putting him on a pedestal, but to say he''s not ready for premiership football is wrong. He''d be a useful player off the bench at least. What happens if he does make the bench for a prem fixture soon, and does the same? Sometimes you just have to try things, i agree he''s not ready to be thrust into starting yet.

I understand Jimmy... but Chrissy did ok with Redmond at birmingham, and ok he got introduced before Chrissy joined so your never know if he would have started playing him at 17/18.

Hughton is damned if he does, and damned if he doesn''t with you, NBS, it seems. How do you know he wouldn''t have been brought Murphy on if the score was reversed and we were 2-0 up?

You agree it was match-changing, so I presume that means you also think Hughton''s choice of substitutions made the difference in our win.

In relation to Loza, I have no issue with your praise of him, but am surprised by your belief he should be on the bench this Sunday and used in place of the injured E.Bennett, when he is a striker not a winger.

On the matter of Murphy being included in the league squad and the comments by Hughton, I highly doubt he is disheartened. The lad is 18, finding his way in the game, called up for the Eng u19 side today and just scored a belter. He''s going to be on cloud nine and has got a lot of time ahead of him. The manager was clearly trying not to put pressure on the kid.

What would be good is getting him out on loan and having constant first team experience for a sustained period of time; not 15 minutes every couple of weeks here. Why the desperation that they get to play in the league with us before having experience on loan elsewhere first?

No, Hughton is not damned if he does and damned if he doesn''t with me.  I don''t know for certain what Hughton would have done given a different scenario.  It''s called opinion and in my opinion had the game been level or us 1 up I don''t think Hughton would have brought Murphy on.  This message board is full of opinion, that''s what it''s all about.[;)]

What have I said that would imply to you that I think that Hughton''s subs did not make the difference in our win? 

I said that Loza could be on the bench given that Elliott is injured long term.  I am fully aware that Loza is considered a striker and Elliott a winger.  I did not advocate playing Loza as winger.

It''s not desperation.  I don''t see Murphy as a saviour or wonder kid who will save our season.  I said he deserves a place on the bench given his performance last night.  Where''s the issue with that?  Don''t you agree that his performance last night deserves a place on the bench for Stoke?

Snoddy, doesn''t deserve a place in the team or on the bench, neither does Elmander.  Elliott is injured and Becchio has hooked up with Lord Lucan. It doesn''t leave us with loads of options of upfront, especially pace wise.  Hence my comments re Loza.

There isn''t necessarily a problem with sending young players out on loan.  However, that also does not mean that it is right to routinely do so in all cases.

I respect the OP''s view and can fully understand it too....BUT, on this one I am certainly with Legend Iwan and others with a similar view. It''s going to be a gradual introduction and if he gets a spot on the bench either at the weekend or before the end of the season then so be it, but either way his time in The Premier League will be very limited this season, I guess unless we get further injuries to our other wide men. Having read CH''s comments Murphy would have in fact started vs Watford had it not been for the Villa defeat, but in the end it probably worked out better for him coming on as sub anyway.

No, Hughton is not damned if he does and damned if he doesn''t with me. I don''t know for certain what Hughton would have done given a different scenario. It''s called opinion and in my opinion had the game been level or us 1 up I don''t think Hughton would have brought Murphy on

--------------------------------------------

knowing for certain but also being an opinion?

I call shenanigans

So let''s ask Chris Hughton what he planned to do:

A quote from the pinkun post-match report:

"Hughton also reserved special praise for teenage debutant Murphy.

“My intention was always to involve him,” he said. “I thought long and hard about starting him and perhaps the result on Saturday made me change my mind. I was so pleased for him and what a goal he produced. He can certainly benefit from the open spaces and with somebody with his quality and pace you know he can hurt teams."

There were a few posters who thought when Redmond came in that he''d also be eased in to the team. But because of his performances Redmond has staked his claim to a regular starting slot.

A lot of people think that CH doesn''t take risks but playing Redmond and now Murphy is a gamble, and one that has paid off quite well.

Josh has definitely earned himself a place on the bench against Stoke and I would like to see him play a part.

This is a bit off the topic but I wonder if Murphy could play in the number 10 position? That seems to be the missing piece of the jigsaw at the moment and one that the manager is well aware needs filling. Murphy has plenty of pace and can run at defenders. How is his linkup play, though?

Normally, I would agree about youngsters needing to go out on loan. In the case of Murphy I would disagree. I think there is a lack of fear in the way he played against Watford. Going out on loan he''s going to learn how to fit in a system. Staying with us I think there is the possibility of him doing something different in the game. Who would have expected Josh to attempt a shot at that range on his debut? I''d like to see him eased into the first team now, coming off the bench when defenders are tiring. He''s definitely something special and he''s going to make the other youngsters realise that they could make it to the first team as well.

The boy needs to play games as does his brother. I''m not really sure why age would come into it when Redmond is a similar age and build yet seems to be playing ok to everyone. The only way to find out if he''s ready is check him in and see. You''ll never know if you don''t give the lad a chance.

He may be young but his maturity came through loud and clear during his interview when he stated we wanted to celebrate his goal but realised it was more important to restart the game quickly to get the equaliser. There is no I in his TEAM , well done young man, seniors take note!

H

Something of  a contrast with Snodgrass then! Seemed all "me me me" on Saturday. I hope CH rewards Josh and send Snodgrass into the oblivion which David Fox seems to be in but does not deserve. Team morale must improve without the likes of Snodgrass around- and not just RvW who must wonder what on earth was going on. Would love to see Josh on the bench on Sunday and coming on at some stage for a good stint.

Bit of an overreaction on Snoddy! He''s a good player for us, this is no time to send him to the reserves. He''ll learn from his errors and hopefully find the extra motivation to fight and scrap for every available point for the next 3 games to make amends.

I agree people need to lay off Snoddy.; Arguably our best player last season and always gives 100% even if it is not quite happening for him at the moment.

As for the Murphy situation I do agree that he''s not ready to be regularly starting games in the league but by the same token i''m a bit disappointed in Hughtons comments. I would have thought better to say something non-committal and dangle the carrot of league involvement in front of these young lads rather than quashing any hopes they might have of a league start like that. Murphy is after all only a year younger than Redmond and whilst he''s less experienced there was not a noticeable difference in quality between them on Tuesday night. I just hope that Hughton''s "no" was not as absolute as it perhaps comes across in print and that Murphy is still in his thoughts. Always handy to have some genuine pace on the bench.

How old was Rooney when he got his shot? Rodwell? Walcott? The Ox? Even James Vaughan. We''re short on wingers with Elliot Bennett''s injury - with this in mind he should be given his chance.

There''s a world of difference at the top level compared to the games he''s been playing.  I doubt if he''s ever had his shirt pulled as strongly as it was by the Watford fullback on Tuesday when he''d got past him (and then see the Ref wave play on when he lost the ball).

So IMO he deserves a place on the bench now - the sort of player who can give us something special if brought on with 20-30 minutes to go against a tiring defence.  But too early to put him on from the start in the Prem.

I completely disagree that there is an overreaction to Snoddy!

He was a disgrace on Saturday, selfish and highly unprofessional.  Not just for the pen but his antics on the pitch, which have been going on for some time, are an embarassment.

I admit I don''t like him. He has ability and had a half decent season last season, but the more I watch him the more angry I get.  He just does not fit the profile of a team player and although I welcome individuals in a team, they have to be that good to hold their place.

Snoddy is good, but not that good!

If he is not benched it says to me that CH believes him to be untouchable.  That is a very dangerous precedence to make! No one player can be bigger than the team.  Imagine that Snoddy plays with RvW on the bench.  No matter how much you can argue it is tactical, it would ultimately show a distinct lack of respect to RvW.  Act professionally and you still get benched, act like a moron and you still play!

I know RvW may not start on the weekend and I would understand that, but Snoddy should not either.

This is no overreaction, it is about discipline, professionalism and accountability.

Snake