Sign in to follow this  
yoda

Fox

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]You are funny new boy. We are saying the same thing. There''s no need for selective quotes to twist my words so you dan disagree.

Yes Fox has put himself in the shop window at Barnsley (I never said they were unfashionable by the way) and maybe he''ll secure a deal at a higher level. If he''s as good as you think he is he''ll do that. I don''t think he will as IMO championship is about right. Time will show who is right[/quote]
Well I think the Championship is about right also, but I don''t think there is a great deal of difference between top of Championship and bottom half of Premiership.
In 2011/12 all three newly promoted teams stayed up, and in 2012/13 two out of three newly promoted teams stayed up. 
If by "higher level" you mean a club who have a chance of promotion rather than a team who is in a relegation battle, then I think he most definitely is capable of going to play for a Wigan or a Reading or a Nottm Forest. Rather than a Barsnley or Yeovil.
I think there are quite a few players in our squad who if they spent a year not playing would find themselves needing to drop a division, there is a fine line and stock rises and falls. It isn''t all about ability, sometimes it is about perception.
If Bradley Johnson or Alexander Tettey, or even Russell Martin or Elliott Bennett, didn''t play for a year then a top Championship team is likely where they would go. Yet they are all good enough to do a job for us at this level.
Many would argue that people like Surman and Barnett are the types of players who are top Championship / lower Prem, and both could still end up back in this division. Elliott Ward did a job for us too.
I''m not so sure that it is ever as clear cut as ''Championship standard'' and ''Premiership standard''. Lot''s of people sit and say that Surman, Ward, Barnett etc, even Holt and Hoolahan are ''Championship standard''. But those players completely bossed the Championship, they won automatic promotion from that league. 
So phrases like "Championship is their level" and "Championship at best" are disrespectful and in some cases inaccurate. According to posters on here almost our entire squad bar Ruddy and Martin in 2011/12 were "Championship standard", yet they got out of that division and then finished 12th in this division.
Our new squad of "Premiership players" finished 11th and don''t look capable of beating that now. 
The gap between ''Championship'' and ''Premiership'' isn''t all that big, plenty of player in the Premier League who wouldn''t pull up trees in the Championship, plenty of players in the Championship who could impress or hold their own in the Premier League.
Nottingham Forest currently have a squad who with a few additions could hold their own in this league, just as we did when we got promoted, and in my opinion David Fox is good enough for their squad - just like Henri Lansbury is. 
Lansbury is a good example actually, he is playing in the Championship, would he disgrace himself in the Premier League? I think not. Is he championship standard or premier league standard? The answer is "both", the best players in the Championship are good enough for the Premier League.