Sign in to follow this  
City Till I Die

If we lose today at Stoke what do we expect to happen to CH?

I do think Hughton will go eventually, probably before Christmas if things do not get better, the club have stated that they have spent to improve on last year which so far is not evident in the football on display. When he goes I do believe we should look abroad for the next Manager.....

Yep, my guess is he has 10 games, by which time some people on here will have either burst due to apoplectic rage or be suffering from indigestion due to the eating of lots of words.

It will say much about the ambition of mcnasty and the Board if they wait til Xmas then they are only looking to achieve survival after today would mean they are much more ambitious and want to give the new guy as

Much time as possible to make as much progress as possible. Hughton out

If we lose today at Stoke I expect about 15 threads on CH by 4pm and I bet I could name who starts them for about 10 of the 15.  [;)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]If we lose today at Stoke I expect about 15 threads on CH by 4pm and I bet I could name who starts them for about 10 of the 15.  [;)][/quote]The other 5 will be from ''new'' posters... [A]

Cant see Hughton being out of a job any time soon. Looking at our next few games, I wouldnt be surprised if we lost them all, theyre tough games. Unless we lose them all 5-0 or something, or there is a supporters prostest, cant see there being enough pressure on him this early in the season. Its hardly the Di Canio situation. The next 5 games are tough though, so I cant see the next 5 games being pivotal. People have talked about him getting 10 games. Cant see our position being any different after 10 games, and I expect the games will be looked at and it will still be felt he needs more time

I suspect the sack him or not conundrum is only in the heads of some supporters at the moment.

I doubt it''s on the board''s agenda although they will be keeping a close eye on the situation.

[quote user="henrik"]I think a lot depends on the manner of defeat[/quote]
This.
If we roll over and lose 2-0 having created one shot on target or something then that suggests no reaction from the players whatsoever.
If we go there are really attack the game, match Stoke all over the park, create a lot of chances and maybe score a goal or two, but still come away with a defeat.... then there is cause for some optimism.
I really hope we bloody score today, preferably a goal from any one of Hooper, Van Wolfswinkel, Fer or Redmond. 

It will also depend on other results, Hughton will get the next three games at least I think, maybe Cardiff too. 
It isn''t all about how many points we pick up, but also where those points leave us in the table. It would be handy for Chris Hughton if Fulham, Palace and Sunderland keep on struggling, and equally handy if the teams above us don''t break away. 

I don''t see anything happening to Hughton should we lose today.If we''re still struggling after 10 games I think it will be a different story.  Time will tell.