Sign in to follow this  
blahblahblah

In McNally We Trust

Question for fans who are calling for the removal of Chris Hughton.

If you trust McNallys'' judgement, why not let him (and the board) decide if and when the time is right to replace the manager ? It''s not like they''ve put a foot wrong since letting go of Bryan Gunn.

If things start to look like a lost cause, I''m sure that those in charge will act. In the mean time, why create further pressure for a team that might be struggling, but that you want to see succeed ?

LOL Blah...

McNally''s the problem, he appointed him don''t you know [:@]

Either that or the cook and her cohorts are back in the driving seat [:@][:@][:@]

[quote user="blahblahblah"] It''s not like they''ve put a foot wrong since letting go of Bryan Gunn. [/quote]

apart from letting lambert go

Yeah, they should have got the Glock out of the boardroom cabinet and held it to his head.

There''s more to running a club than first team affairs - look at Hughton''s effect on the youth. Whether that''s enough or not is another matter, but Hughton is clearly the most "club" focused manager that we''ve had in a while.

It would be interesting to know what McNally thinks of 5 league wins in 26 matches. You are right though McNally WILL press the ejector button when/if it is most appropriate.

Yep massive trust in McNally. Whenever I have heard him speak either to the media or in person he comes across as one a highly intelligent, professional and driven individual. If he knew that there was a manager out there that would guarantee better results than Hughton then I am sure he would have appointed him by now. McNally however is not a moron and realises that we are in a very good position at the moment under Hughton.

Brighton Yellow wrote the following post at 2013-09-29 4:32 AM:

McNally however is not a moron and realises that we are in a very good position at the moment under Hughton.

Hahahaha, yes a very good position indeed - bottom four with four points from 5 matches with Stoke, Chelsea and Arsenal next up! 5 wins from the last 27, yes we are in a truly great position with MR Hughton in charge.

"ironstan""blahblahblah"It''s not like they''ve put a foot wrong since letting go of Bryan Gunn.

apart from letting lambert go

I think Lambert wanted to go. You can''t stop someone as overly ambitious as him. If you can get your head around the fact that we were a stepping stone you may be able to move on.

iron_stan wrote "apart from letting lambert go"

Lambert had always said that when the time was right for him to move on, he would. I get the impression there was little that could be done to keep him here and working effectively.

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]It would be interesting to know what McNally thinks of 5 league wins in 26 matches. You are right though McNally WILL press the ejector button when/if it is most appropriate.[/quote]Would you be equally as interested to know what he thinks of four wins from our last ten league games? Or doesn''t that more recent form fit as well with your agenda?Of course, d''oh; I''ve remembered now. We were ''lucky'' with most of those results, because that never happens with any other clubs; only us. And, of course, the ''lucky'' results don''t count as much as the rest.You can pick whichever sequence of results best suits your argument (as I have done above) but what matters is the number of points earned come the end of the season. There are a lot of ups and downs to come. There is a fair chance we will beat one or two of the big teams along the way, and we will lose again to some teams we might expect to beat. Do you know what, though; the same goes for every other team.