Sign in to follow this  
Bring back standing at football

Why do people think we will beat stoke??

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

I want us to win, but I don''t think we will win!

Hughton just seems extremely reserved.  I could never imagine him dancing at a disco or singing on a Karaoke. 

[/quote]

Let''s hope a "Disco Dancing and Karaoke" round is added to the selection process for the next manager, so the club doesn''t make the same mistake twice.Yes, I''m being sarcastic.

i dont think he has changed his mindset to be honest, sad to say. We generally are quite positive at home and our record under him bears out that this works quite well.

Away is a different story, he freely admits he sets us up to be tough to beat and to keep things tight. the problem is that this does not seem to work very often.

His only 2 victories on the road have come in open games where the play was quicker and we got bodies forward. To me it seems that if we are to have a chance of winning away games then the gameplan from these two games needs to be replicated. The midfielders need to get in support of the forwards and, just as importantly (in my eyes anyway) the fullbacks need to be allowed past the halfway line.

Garrido''s main strength for me (i dont think hes the greatest defender) is that he puts wonderful crosses in when he gets into advanced positions. Unfortunately this never happens away from home.

Maybe today, fingers crossed.

It seems to be a tougher ask to win at home in this season''s Premier League.

Most sides pack the midfield with only one up front and for a home side to try to press the play it is difficult and risky.

I think we''ve got every chance at Stoke if our strikers do what this season seems to demand and score from rare and difficult opportunities. But that is why we paid a lot of money for better strikers and to be fair RVW is generally on target from the scraps he gets. Perhaps today will be the day the chances go in?

If we can score twice we will get a result. Two might even be enough for a win.

And as for Hughton, the improving picture is his post match comments were spot on. He blew a lot of sunshine up Hughes @rse, particularly for his past achievements as a player and kept his comments prosaic regarding Stoke.

Time to stick the neck out. I have a good feeling about this game.

And Nutty, if the lads put the same effort in as I did for 3.5 hours on my bike from dawn today they will be fine ;-)

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

It seems to be a tougher ask to win at home in this season''s Premier League.

Most sides pack the midfield with only one up front and for a home side to try to press the play it is difficult and risky.

I think we''ve got every chance at Stoke if our strikers do what this season seems to demand and score from rare and difficult opportunities. But that is why we paid a lot of money for better strikers and to be fair RVW is generally on target from the scraps he gets. Perhaps today will be the day the chances go in?

If we can score twice we will get a result. Two might even be enough for a win.

And as for Hughton, the improving picture is his post match comments were spot on. He blew a lot of sunshine up Hughes @rse, particularly for his past achievements as a player and kept his comments prosaic regarding Stoke.

Time to stick the neck out. I have a good feeling about this game.

And Nutty, if the lads put the same effort in as I did for 3.5 hours on my bike from dawn today they will be fine ;-)

[/quote]

3.5 hours! That''s impressive, Rudolph. I hope Dawn was worth it.