Sign in to follow this  
Bring back standing at football

Why do people think we will beat stoke??

Not many are backing us to win.A hard fought draw would be good. Don''t think it would get people off the Hoots back though.

I just have a hunch on a 1-0 victory for us. We''ve got some great players and if we can get a good balance (fer and tettey would be good to see together) we are going to have a good season

As a football fan i go into every game with optimism however under Hughton the confidence in even getting a performance away let alone a result has wained significantly. We will probably set up for a draw and get beat without a shot on goal.

Last season stoke were fading as a team. Not convinced by their manager.

If we approach it right it will be a tight game and we could come away with a win, but there will have to be a change I approach from spurs, that''s for sure

There''s no logical reason to think we should win at Stoke. But when supporting your team logic goes out of the window. A look at the two teams records home win jumps out at you. But I would say that we won twice away from home last season and should be looking for at least 3/4 away wins this. Stoke away is one of those where we should have a chance of getting one of those wins. Let''s hope there''s no over reaction if we fail though...

[quote user="Bring back standing at football"]Why do people think we will beat stoke??[/quote]probably for the opposite reasons as to why you think we wont...

"We try to get three points wherever we go. Ultimately I set a team up to try and win a football match"

Well there you go...what more can be said?

[quote user="Surfer"]"We try to get three points wherever we go. Ultimately I set a team up to try and win a football match"

Well there you go...what more can be said?[/quote]

that is an outright lie

hughton will go there for the draw :(

stoke have looked half decent so far.

i think it will either be a really boring 0-0 slug fest or we will get royally dumped on

I want us to win, but I don''t think we will win!

Hughton just seems extremely reserved.  I could never imagine him dancing at a disco or singing on a Karaoke. 

Chris is certainly not a stupid man and he knows we have not had the best of starts.  However, I think that he is conscious (extremely focussed) on what he sees that if you are too open away from home in the Premier League you will probably get beaten and perhaps by a few.  I think this is what scares him and what stops him from setting us up in a more attacking manner on the road.  Hence why he tries to keep things extremely tight at the back, limits players moving out of position etc.  Fully aware that the opposition will, in all probability, have more possession and more chances, but hoping that we can take one of the very few chances we have and stop the opposition from scoring.

It just seems like he believes that this is the only way for us to play away from home to be successful and if it doesn''t work, unfortunately there doesn''t appear to be any alternatives.

I sincerely hope that there is a change in what appears to be the pattern we have seen in our away games under Hughton.  I would be happy to see at least 5 shots on target.  If we do lose, I pray that we at least put on some kind of performance and don''t come away with 0 or 1 shot on target.

There has been positives in both of our last two games, we we’re unlucky against Villa and the way we approached the game was a vast improvement.

Also winning against albeit a second string Watford team but doing so after going behind (When does that happen)?

I think he’s changed his mind set, probably due to the fact he knows his jobs under pressure. We’ve got the players to do it, just a case of whether or not he’s lost the dressing room.

I think we might sneak it today.