Sign in to follow this  
vlad666

thoughts

First half much improved. Pushed Stoke back, controlled the ball and attacked well. Second half, never really got started and gradually got deeper and deeper. Leroy Fer was awesome. Complete player who reminds me on Viera. Looks like RVW is going to need a few months, maybe even a season to get used to the pace of the premiership.

Big worry for me is that without Redmond we are lacking pace up front. Not one of our attackers had the pace of any of the Stoke defender.

All in all, an excellent result and nice to complete a clean sheet, especially without Bassong.

We earned the points today. More please.

Don''t worry about the first half/second half analysis. If you had been a Stoke supporter today your comment would have been something like, "Norwich neutralized us today and we offered almost no threat of scoring."

Definitely a different attitude from CH. Well done to all the players. I think Hooper deserves a start in the prem though. And Master Murphy has pace aplenty. Worth a go surely at some stage in the near future.

Would have been nice to see murphy for the last ten minutes in place of Snodgrass or Pilks but can understand why Hughton didn''t risk it.

I thought it was just about the perfect performance and demonstration of how to play at Stoke away...........tactically astute management and an impressive team performance that shows we have a very decent squad this season.....as I keep saying we are evolving.......slower than a lot of people want, but you can clearly see it happening. So pleased for our brilliant away fans today!!

A good performance against an admittedly poor Stoke side (- did Ruddy have a single save to make?) We may not have had many attempts which were on goal, but I think that we created more opportunities than previously this season. The Stoke attack was weak, but the defence is mean, one of the meanest in the Premiership.

Bearing in mind that we were without Redmond, our star so far, and Bassong, and RvW was playing with a tender toe, I think that we did well. We lacked pace, and I was a little surprised that CH did not bring on Josh towards the end, especially as Snodgrass didn''t have a very good game. Has anything happened to the Scot, he seems only a shadow of what he was last season.

It was a great win and a clean sheet, which could be of great value in building up confidence.

A great offensive performance in the 1st half, Fer and Tettey ran riot. Clearly 2nd half Hughes changed the game with his subs. For me the only weak link was the number 7 down the right wing..... Excellent win which should now be used to raise the confidence and aim at getting a result at Chelski.

Do you think the first 75 mins against Watford were so poor because we were preparing perfectly for the Stoke game? Then a fighting come-back instilled a bit of confidence in the players and they put in the performance we''ve all been waiting for. I''m pleased we pressed well, and move the ball around brilliantly in the first half.