Sign in to follow this  
mrs miggins

Stoke Score predictions

The Villa game was finally the moment that Hughton woke up and realised where we''re going wrong and we need a shake up of tactics to move forward. This will be the first (after Watford) sign of a new way of thinking and playing. 2-1 norwich.

(Please let this be true)

I still think Stoke will win.  Sorry!

Despite the euphoria of last night, as great as it was do dig ourselves out of such a hole, Stoke are a totally different prospect, especially as Hughes has them playing well and The Britannia is not a good ground to go to needing a result.

1-0 Stoke I''m afraid and yes I hang my head in shame! [:$]

Snake

3-1 to Stoke.

I believe that Hughton will genuinely try and change things and he will play what he deems to be a more attacking formation and tactics.  However, I think this will backfire against a very well organised Stoke side who will punish the spaces at the back for us that Watford didn''t.  This in turn will only further fuel Hughton''s belief that he was indeed correct in the first place and we will be back to playing more defensive and conservative football.  Grinding out the occasional victory, drawing and losing by the odd goal the rest.[:(]

2-1 home win for Stoke.  As has been mentioned, they''ve started well under Hughes. Only losing to Arsenal and Liverpool in the league. While doing the business against West Ham and Palace, plus holding out to Man City.Our ray of hope is Hooper''s return and maybe even the wildcard Josh Murphy.  But will Hughton be brave enough to deploy more ''expansive football''?

[quote user="CanaryOne"]3-0 Stoke , a whole different ball game to a meaningless cup tie .[/quote]The Cup Tie may be "meaningless" in your eyes, but the momentum and lift it will have given the dressing room will be very positive.If we had lost then... well....

Well it all depends, was anything learned last night about how to get the ball into our strikers, how to move the ball with pace and the need for pace and movement off the ball, if so we can win comfortably, if not the whole momentum from last night will just fizzle away, I really hope that ain''t the case!

Don''t under-estimate Stoke, they matched Arsenal at the Emirates on Sunday and were undone by some less than clinical finishing. They had about 50% of posession, 85% pass completion and attempted more than 500 passes. This is a very different opponent to the Stoke of last season.

I don''t do predictions, but Norwich have a very tough game this weekend against one of the best performing teams in the League so far - Stoke''s major downfall so far has been a poor goal return from their strikers. Whatever happens, don''t expect a lot of goals.

[quote user="ReadingCanary"][quote user="CanaryOne"]3-0 Stoke , a whole different ball game to a meaningless cup tie .[/quote]The Cup Tie may be "meaningless" in your eyes, but the momentum and lift it will have given the dressing room will be very positive.If we had lost then... well....[/quote]Worked a treat after the Bury game then , even if it does give them a lift they will have to perform way better than they did last night to beat a Stoke side that look better than they have done for years . Hope you are right but i really cannot see any other outcome than a Stoke win .

If we go with the main intention of not getting beat, we''ll lose.If we go with the main intention, and team selection, of setting out to win, we''ll win.Therefore, unless there''s going to be an almighty u-turn by Hughton, it''ll be another dismal performance and 1-0 to Stoke

lincoln canary wrote the following post at 25/09/2013 3:54 PM:

Normal service resumed this weekend. I''ll go 2-0 Stoke.

Regrettably this.

Pyro Pete wrote the following post at 2013-09-25 6:40 PM

Our ray of hope is Hooper''s return and maybe even the wildcard Josh Murphy. But will Hughton be brave enough to deploy more ''expansive football''?

Hughton has already ruled Murphy out - it''s apparently to early for him to play in the prem - He may well regret that decision come Monday morning!

Even if there was no ''sack Hughton'', ''we''re all doomed'' nonsense being spouted all over I''d think Stoke would stroll to a 2-0 win. It''s just the sort of game we lose.

However a shake up where we start Hooper, Hoolahan, Pilks and Redmond may lead to something extraordinary happening. Either that or we''d only lose 2-1.

sorry to be a (unt, i know it''s annoying when people do this(but i''ll do it anyway), but i predicted correctly. Luckily I did put £5 on us to win 1-0 so was a bit risky (normally only do £1 but felt lucky).

I suppose wiz and lincoln shall be depressed tonight, seeing as though we won a game.

onwards and upwards

Can I be half a (unt then? Got the result just not the scoreline. Nice to see a positive, attacking approach to the game that was then solidly defended. We did what we had to do with some promising signs.