Sign in to follow this  
Green and Yellow fellow

Hughtons tactics questionable once again.

can you give examples of questionable tactics?

olsson, tettey, howson playing? - good choice for me

snodders playing? - redmonds injured, bad idea to start murphy already.

hooper on the bench? played 120 minutes just a few days ago

Could anyone ever of said that first half is what you would of predicted before the match? And yes I think it''s not unjustifiable to question Hughtons tactics which were the same as the previous disappointing games in the PL.

Naturally I''m delighted at how we have played so far and I hope more goals are to come in our favor.

Much better- we seem to be playing 4-1-2-3.Full backs bombing forward to give the out swinger where the wider of the 3 give the in swing. the front 3 playing as a 3.Tettey covering and dropping to a back 3 when the full backs go forward, Howson and Fer getting stuck in and creating. RVW more involved and less isolated.I''d still take Snodgrass off but he is a little batter this week.

Oh dear, someone now has egg on their face: seems that CH got it spot-on for the first half, caught them out big-time and we sat on our lead nicely without much trouble (tbh not dissimilar to what Villa did last week second half).

[quote user="Green and Yellow fellow"]Could anyone ever of said that first half is what you would of predicted before the match? And yes I think it''s not unjustifiable to question Hughtons tactics which were the same as the previous disappointing games in the PL.

Naturally I''m delighted at how we have played so far and I hope more goals are to come in our favor.[/quote]
Quite a few people have been asking for today''s tactics previously, because adding a midfielder will allow Norwich to have an element of control in the game. Was completely different tactics today than Villa or Southampton games where Norwich effectively played 4-4-2 as Elmander will always gravitate forward rather than coming back to help in midfield.
You wanted to get an ''I told you so'' thread before anyone else and were made to look foolish - I take it you''ll be making an apology soon though... 

Tactics were spot on today. Well done Hughton. The midfield trio of tettey, fer and howson worked a treat. We made stoke look poor with the high tempo and pressing in the 1st half, we looked a quality team. Was always gonna be different in the 2nd half and Hughton got that spot on 2nd half. Hooper and redmond didnt play and still won away from home. Man City could only draw at Stoke, are we really that bad of a team? The jigsaw pieces are slowly being put together.

As to Leroy Fer, what a player. He will get better as the season goes on.

A lot of positives to take from todays game. OTBC.

[quote user="Green and Yellow fellow"]If all goes wrong today, could this mean it''s the end?

For the sake of the league table I hope we win.[/quote]

hopefully this result will mean the end of your stupid posts on here.

[quote user="star_manic"][quote user="Green and Yellow fellow"]If all goes wrong today, could this mean it''s the end?

hopefully this result will mean the end of your stupid posts on here.[/quote]

I don''t believe it''s stupid questioning the same tactics which have got us what, 7 wins in nearly 30 matches?

I have always supported Hughton and always wanted him to turn it around. If anything you are stupid to be happy with that kind of record which was relegation form I believe. Some people on this board seem to take huge amounts of offense when there is even slight negativity aimed towards Hughton. I''m not stupid, I know that CH is the professional, I understand he works with the players day in day out. But had we of lost today using the same tactics we have used so far, would you call the likes of David McNally and Delia stupid from dismissing him from his position?

Personally, I wouldn''t of blamed them.

As I have previously said, I want Norwich to win as much as you do, and I can understand that we won''t win every game. Lately it''s been the way we''ve been losing matches, we have never looked that threatening to the opposition, (using these tactics/formation). If we lost by two and scored one or even just have more shots on goal, I wouldn''t mind loosing as much.

Howsons strike was good today, but you can''t deny that it was save-able and Begovic will probably be disappointed . But we deserved that luck today because of the way our team applied themselves, pressuring Stoke from the 1st to the last minute. I''m happy today we looked like the better side and long may it continue.

The problem is that you questioned the tactics before we even knew how we were playing!!

Tbh I think we may have adapted our tactics away this season, but hadn''t really yet been able to see properly: it has all-but been forgotten that at Hull we started well and created decent opportunities, closing them down etc as we did at Stoke today; just at Hull the pen-sending off-them parking the bus threw things (Spurs is an exception, they are a bit better than the rest).

[quote user="Green and Yellow fellow"][quote user="star_manic"][quote user="Green and Yellow fellow"]If all goes wrong today, could this mean it''s the end?

hopefully this result will mean the end of your stupid posts on here.[/quote]

I don''t believe it''s stupid questioning the same tactics which have got us what, 7 wins in nearly 30 matches?

I have always supported Hughton and always wanted him to turn it around. If anything you are stupid to be happy with that kind of record which was relegation form I believe. Some people on this board seem to take huge amounts of offense when there is even slight negativity aimed towards Hughton. I''m not stupid, I know that CH is the professional, I understand he works with the players day in day out. But had we of lost today using the same tactics we have used so far, would you call the likes of David McNally and Delia stupid from dismissing him from his position?

Personally, I wouldn''t of blamed them.

As I have previously said, I want Norwich to win as much as you do, and I can understand that we won''t win every game. Lately it''s been the way we''ve been losing matches, we have never looked that threatening to the opposition, (using these tactics/formation). If we lost by two and scored one or even just have more shots on goal, I wouldn''t mind loosing as much.

Howsons strike was good today, but you can''t deny that it was save-able and Begovic will probably be disappointed . But we deserved that luck today because of the way our team applied themselves, pressuring Stoke from the 1st to the last minute. I''m happy today we looked like the better side and long may it continue.[/quote]
Well done for half acknowledging that you got it wrong / being brave enough to come back and admit that we looked the better side.
Because there are plenty of other posters who just keep on digging, showing themselves to have an agenda, or those who will disappear completely and simply wait for the next opportunity to have a dig.
There is nothing wrong with having an opinion and laying it bare, nothing wrong with getting it wrong.