Sign in to follow this  
lobstercatcher2

hooper on the bench

completely agree.

why in the hell wouldn''t you start someone who had been injured for a few weeks, and then played 120 minutes just a few days ago? Theres no possible way he could be tired, FFS. hughton out.

[quote user="Javiers Deaf Translator"]completely agree.

why in the hell wouldn''t you start someone who had been injured for a few weeks, and then played 120 minutes just a few days ago? Theres no possible way he could be tired, FFS. hughton out.[/quote]
Hold tight, the game hasn''t even started yet. The proof will be in the pudding.
Could quite as easily say "why would you leave a Dutch international on the bench". 
Somebody the other day said "Can''t believe a Swedish international can''t get minutes". Referring to Olsson they were. 
Half an hour later "Elmander isn''t good enough". Oopsie daisy. 
If we feed the Wolf he will score.

@javier''s Deaf Translator

theres actually an argument that the league is more important and hooper probably shouldnt have been out the for 120 minutes to keep him fresh for it ;)

new boy, apologies as sarcasm doesn''t always come out well over the internet ;)

and iron_stan, there''s also the arguement of not wanted the dutch or swedish international out there for that time, either.

[quote user="Javiers Deaf Translator"]new boy, apologies as sarcasm doesn''t always come out well over the internet ;)

and iron_stan, there''s also the arguement of not wanted the dutch or swedish international out there for that time, either.[/quote]
I actually meant to quote the OP, did get your sarcasm apologies! 

[quote user="Kangaroo Court"]Why is Snodgrass starting? If anyone deserves to be benched it is surely him after last week''s fiasco.[/quote]
I actually agree with dropping Redmond, a 19 year old should not be starting every week because it can ruin their careers. Their bodies are still developing, just ask Michael Owen. 

Please forgive my not well thought out op.There was me thinking today was our best chance of 3 points with chelsea and arsenal coming up.Lets rest hooper for them 2 games when we have a much better chance of winning.If we lose today hughton will be gone so i suppose there is a silver lining

.If we lose today hughton will be gone so i suppose there is a silver lining.

----------------------------------------

I''m willing to bet my left nut that is a completely wrong statement.

& you do understand playing a tired player for 60+mins is how injuries occur, right?

[quote user="Javiers Deaf Translator"].If we lose today hughton will be gone so i suppose there is a silver lining.

----------------------------------------

I''m willing to bet my left nut that is a completely wrong statement.

& you do understand playing a tired player for 60+mins is how injuries occur, right?[/quote]
I don''t think that is a given. 
It would depend very much on the manner of the defeat.

With Hooper probably buzzing from Midweek I''m completely shocked that The Gaffer is taking a gamble and actually leaving him out.

I''m sure McNally maybe thinking the same thing.

[quote user="White stuff"]With Hooper probably buzzing from Midweek I''m completely shocked that The Gaffer is taking a gamble and actually leaving him out.

I''m sure McNally maybe thinking the same thing.[/quote]
With Hooper scoring two late goals in the cup, perhaps he feels he may have a greater impact as a sub. 
I''m more interested in seeing whether Pilkington is the man to plant the ball on Van Wolfswinkels head today. 

According to Twitter, Redmonds Twitter account, he picked up a knock in training. As a result he''s not involved today.

well you see, I''m rather attached to my right.

the bet has nothing to do of how I think of hughton, but rather everything of how I have come to know the board will act.

but based on the performance so far, I''d say either way my left nut is safe.

Please forgive my not well thought out op.There was me thinking today was our best chance of 3 points with chelsea and arsenal coming up.Lets rest hooper for them 2 games when we have a much better chance of winning.If we lose today hughton will be gone so i suppose there is a silver lining

Can''t believe some of you still think he is going to pull it round.And javier i can only assume you haven''t got a left nut otherwise you wouldn''t want to make that bet

---------------------------------------------

what''s the weather like in ipswich today?

Did Hooper pick up a knock as well ?? I think Hughton keeps playing RVW before Hooper is he saving Hooper for the harder matches ???? we have a fit striker who in my opinion is better that RVW then play him !!!!!

[quote user="EGGY a Gibraltar Canary"]Did Hooper pick up a knock as well ?? I think Hughton keeps playing RVW before Hooper is he saving Hooper for the harder matches ???? we have a fit striker who in my opinion is better that RVW then play him !!!!![/quote]

Simple isn''t it?[:@]

Hooper worked his ass off for 2 hours the other night and was going down with cramp. 100% right decision to start RVW today. Back in your hole you worms.

Hooper was never going to start today after being injured and then playing 120 mins on Tuesday.
RvW will come good, people need to get off his back and support him. It often takes time for foreign players to adapt when they first come to the Premiership and I''m sure he will given time.

Hooper came to England to score goals in the Premier League so he has a chance of forcing himself into the World Cup squad , so far he has been fit for two matches and has zero minutes on the pitch . We are going to have to find a way of playing him or risk him becoming very unhappy , surely we didnt pay £5 million for a bench warmer .

[quote user="CanaryOne"]Hooper came to England to score goals in the Premier League so he has a chance of forcing himself into the World Cup squad , so far he has been fit for two matches and has zero minutes on the pitch . We are going to have to find a way of playing him or risk him becoming very unhappy , surely we didnt pay £5 million for a bench warmer .
[/quote]

Huzzah![Y]

Can''t believe most of the posts on this thread. The right decision to leave hooper on the bench after a tough game in the weak. And Elmander did the perfect job when he was brought on, kept the ball up their end for most of the last 15 minutes. Good decisions by our manager that achieved 3 points. I guess some of you will never get it.