Sign in to follow this  
Bws Cat

Match thread vs Stoke

Best performance this season Great to look a decent side on tv!

Players playing in their best positions e.g. Howson looks a decent player and comfortable further up the pitch.

Worried about Wolf. His first touch is poor at the mo and looks if he is lacking in confidence. Would have had Hooper on but I''m splitting hairs. Played up the pitch with pressure first half and all over Stoke. Second half did play deeper but understandable and our passing was much crisper.

Overall a very impressive performance so lets hope lessons have been learnt and we carry this through to the next game.

Note to Moderator - Can you ensure Nutty gets this message as I think he has a bit of a thing about me. Not in a sexual way you understand - Heaven forbid!!

Amazing that the morons are still out in force on here. Never looked like doing anything but winning that game, Hughton''s starting line up was perfect, as were his tactics in the game. Well done Chris and well done to the lads.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Best performance this season Great to look a decent side on tv!

Players playing in their best positions e.g. Howson looks a decent player and comfortable further up the pitch.

Worried about Wolf. His first touch is poor at the mo and looks if he is lacking in confidence. Would have had Hooper on but I''m splitting hairs. Played up the pitch with pressure first half and all over Stoke. Second half did play deeper but understandable and our passing was much crisper.

Overall a very impressive performance so lets hope lessons have been learnt and we carry this through to the next game.

Note to Moderator - Can you ensure Nutty gets this message as I think he has a bit of a thing about me. Not in a sexual way you understand - Heaven forbid!![/quote]

So basically in a nuthshell well done Hoots, Calderwood and trolloppe for listening to the Bury massive. Keep it up and we''ll get off your case.

Perhaps the wolf would benefit from half an hour on Bury Rec after trainun Neull...

[;)]

Oh and don''t forget to give Rickyyyyyy a mention now he''s upset the Bury boys too..

[quote user="splutcho"]Amazing that the morons are still out in force on here. Never looked like doing anything but winning that game, Hughton''s starting line up was perfect, as were his tactics in the game. Well done Chris and well done to the lads.[/quote]

why is anyone with a different opinion a Moron?

I wanted Houghton out a while ago, If we can put in performances away from home like that on a regular basis I may change my mind.

First half was great second half not so much admittedly mostly down to Hughes team changes.

Starting line up was not perfect IMO, should have been Hooper instead of RVW, not sure what RVW brings to the team

Excellent 3 points, we aren''t a top 4 team capable of dominating away all match and so did exactly what was needed. Very very happy against on paper a tough scrappy away day. Onwards and upwards, a good time to play Chelsea I think.... arsenal not so much!

A great game where we pressurised Stoke much higher up the pitch rather than defending deep, especially in the first half. Fer and Pilks the stand out two for City. RvW''s touch was poor and Hooper should be given a run up front imo. Elmander I thought was also impressive when he came on despite the criticism he receives. I''m hoping that Hughton has come to realise that pushing up is a more effective strategy than dour defending which we''ve seen so much of for months on the road.

I agree with you Highland except that whenever I''m "on the road" I see Hughton imploring his team to push up. Do you ever notice that?

[quote user="Highland Canary"]A great game where we pressurised Stoke much higher up the pitch rather than defending deep, especially in the first half. Fer and Pilks the stand out two for City. RvW''s touch was poor and Hooper should be given a run up front imo. Elmander I thought was also impressive when he came on despite the criticism he receives. I''m hoping that Hughton has come to realise that pushing up is a more effective strategy than dour defending which we''ve seen so much of for months on the road.[/quote]

The criticism of Elmander has ben about his inability (which is not really his fault) to play as a linking midfielder. I gather when he came on today it was in his proper position (ie the one he occupies for Sweden and the only one for which he is now suited), as a central striker.

Highland Canary wrote the following post at 29/09/2013 9:38 PM:

A great game where we pressurised Stoke much higher up the pitch rather than defending deep, especially in the first half. Fer and Pilks the stand out two for City. RvW''s touch was poor and Hooper should be given a run up front imo. Elmander I thought was also impressive when he came on despite the criticism he receives. I''m hoping that Hughton has come to realise that pushing up is a more effective strategy than dour defending which we''ve seen so much of for months on the road.

Good to watch Highland, great stuff.