Sign in to follow this  
Bws Cat

Match thread vs Stoke

Here is the line up for today:

Ruddy; Martin (c), Turner, R Bennett, Olsson; Tettey, Fer, Howson; Snodgrass, Pilkington, van Wolfswinkel.

SUBS: Bunn (GK), Whittaker, Johnson, Josh Murphy, Elmander, Hoolahan, Hooper.

Opinions?

What a team IMO.

a little worrying that redmond is nowhere to be seen, but hopefully that''s just due to him playing every game so far this season.

would of liked to of seen whitts, but with the captain out I suppose martin in to be captain makes sense,

but YES - Fer and tettey in mid field with Howson in the hole? gorgeous.

Stoke team: Begovic; Cameron, Shawcross, Huth, Pieters; Walters, Nzonzi, Wilson, Adam, Arnautovic, JonesFancy us to win the midfield battle today but scoring against that backline is going to be very tough.

Would not have started Snoddy, if he starts poor like last week his head will drop. Redmond must have some kind of injury which I guess is why Snod starts but meh. Would have like to see RVW and Hoops together.

No Redmond, no Hooper in starting.

I expected these two to be our best chances of winning.

Dur!

We''ll see

--------------------------------------

to be honest, me too. but redmond needs a rest, and pilks & murphy are fine replacements. and hooper can still come off from the bench,

the biggest bonus in this team IMO is tettey and howson. if howson can play like he did v wba and man city, and tettey like he did in his first few starts last season, we will be unstoppable.

Not a bad line-up, but i''m sure there will be plenty of whingeing. I imagine Hooper was probably feeling it a bit after 120 mins in midweek so perhaps an unlikely starter, I guess Redmond maybe picked up a knock as would be at least on the bench (if not a starter ahead of Snod), we have Murphy on the bench which is good to see.

People need to remember we are away and Stoke need to be respected as have started the season well - going in gung-ho from the would be asking for a stuffing.

playing for the drawwe will lose

wtf is snodgrass doing out there!!!! maybe ive been watching a different snodgrass, does he has a twin? bloke has been fucking useless so fartetteys sh1t3 as well

hughton out

Hopefuly Howson plays front of Fer and not other way around.. Would have played Hoolahan even thought Stoke is full of physical players I think he would have made us better team.

Now it is Howson''s chance to shine and really pleased to see Olsson and Tettey starting. In my opinion they give so much more energy than Johnson and Garrido would and Fer - Tettey look on the paper better combination than Fer - Johnson.

You can''t keep playing 19 year old Redmond,  he needs a break.

Snoddy has a point to prove, perhaps he responded well in training too.

Glad to see Pilks back.

Tettey and Fer together should prove resilient and free up Howson. It looks like we won''t be going down the wings much but will be looking to cut in and win free kicks. Stoke have let in a lot of set pieces so far.

Always glad to see Russ Martin playing.

As for the bench, glad to see Josh and Wes getting the nod and Hooper starting would be too much after 120 minutes Tuesday while on his way back. Certainly he should gee up RVW who must be feeling pressure to perform.

I think this could be RVW''s match if he gets the supply because he will find space around Stoke''s Neanderthal defenders.

I think this is probably the best line-up we could ask for away from home, with some of the players having played 120 mins earlier in the week. I think he''s protecting Redmond, but the inclusion of Murphy, Hoolahan and Hooper on the bench means he''s looking to start the game solid, and see if our more physical players can do the job earlier on. I would like to see us press Stoke high up the pitch, that''s all!

Redmond on twitter:

Picked up an injury in training & had not travelled to Stoke! Working hard to be ready to train at some point next week!

---------------------------------------------------

hughton probably slide tackled him during training. bloody defender-manger, hughton out.

Snodgrass has done nothing to justify starting. Tettey is pretty much always a disappointment. RVW has scored 1 goal and yet Hooper, who looked good on Tuesday, is deemed not good enough to replace him. Can''t believe Redmond is being rested so he must be injured. Pilkington has a lot to prove based on what we''ve seen thus far this season. Bassong''s fitness, or lack of it, is becoming a worry - he hasn''t be properly fit all season. Nice to see Murphy on the bench - hope he gets on if Pilkington & Snodgrass fail to impress again.

with the news of redmonds knock, it shows that there really isn''t much choice in whether or not snoddy starts this game, feel like when murphy gets his full PL debut, it should be at a home game.

Interviewer:

"Chris, how tempted were you to play RVW and hooper together?"

Hughton:

"when you have two players of their quality, it''s always tempting, but we''ve come here to win and we''ve set up to try and do that."

hooper super sub.

Norwich boss Chris Hughton: "For me the most

important thing is about winning and we have put out a side that gives

us the offensive options that we''ve been looking for."Stoke play a more expansive game now so we need to get on the ball, probe them and ask a few questions."

Oh well, we''ll see.

[quote user="Shyster"]For me this match is also the most underated versus the most overrated manager in the game.[/quote]Just corrected it for you Shys. [;)]

hughton also said theres different ways to win a game

that translates as, im really scared of losing and dont like to take risks to win, we will sit in our 18 yard box for 90 minutes and probably lose 3-0

did hamann just summed it up by saying he puts the pressure on himself by not playing our two most expensive signings, especially hooper who will be full of confidence after 2 goals midweek

hughtons got tunnel vision. not a good thing. stubborn foolhughton out

Stan, you are rather guilty of this tunnel vision as well: Hooper played 120mins midweek, on his way back from injury, so it is fair enough that he doesn''t start - better to keep up our sleeves than have him totally knackered after 50mins.

branston - a sensible manager would have played bechhio for most of it. what with the premier league being more important ;)

wolswinkle wont get a sniff yet again today, huth and shawcross are twice his size and will boss him