Sign in to follow this  
rock bus

Credit to Bennett and Turner

There have been a lot of posts questioning both of these players. In fact some have suggested that without Bassong we are doomed.

I thought they both had a great game today. Even with Stoke having more possession in second half they really didn''t look like scoring

If he keeps it up he''ll be one hell of a player for us and surely the future replacement for Turner. Great to have those two and Bassong at the club.

Benno very good today but can he stop trying to bring ball out of defence, lost it in important areas couple of times.

[quote user="pete"]Benno very good today but can he stop trying to bring ball out of defence, lost it in important areas couple of times.[/quote]

I thought he was absolutely right to do this. There were large gaps in front of him and he took advantage to move some 40 yards unchallenged. Far more positive to do this rather than pass it square to someone already closed marked. To me that is an indication of quality. Yes he did hold on a split second too long on one occasion but as a manager I would encourage that sort of play.

Yes he did dominate Jones and I recall past times when he has barely given the likes of Torres and Benteke a sniff. Arguably our No. 1 central defender plus he is only young.

The vast majority of what I''ve seen of R Benno has been top drawer. OK, he made the odd gaffe at first, but I doubt if there''s a more improved player on City''s books than him. If he keeps this up he''s going to be one hell of a defender, and we''re going to have great trouble holding onto him.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]The vast majority of what I''ve seen of R Benno has been top drawer. OK, he made the odd gaffe at first, but I doubt if there''s a more improved player on City''s books than him. If he keeps this up he''s going to be one hell of a defender, and we''re going to have great trouble holding onto him.[/quote]Let''s just hope he keeps improving and enjoy having him here first! Hopefully our team will keep improving together and we build something special

A bit raw when he first came and admittedly got turned over against some of the better forwards in this league, but was impressive at the end of the season and has carried on improving this season.Well done Benno[Y]

Yes the key to our success today was that we pressed stoke high up the pitch and forced them to play it long and Benno won everything in the air, so a recipe to nullify Stoke perfectly.

Turner was the covering defender so had less to do but did it very well too.

Hard to drop one of them when Basso is fit. Great position to be in

I had been one of those. Bennett has improved massively, but i was still doubtful, as hall his good performances had been with Bassongs guidance next to him. It seems him and Turner can defend well together.

Totally agree

Its the first time in a game when bassong was not playng that i felt comfortable the opp wouldnt score

Both played very well in fact the whole back four did.

For me the only poor performer was snodgrass again. If he put as much effort into skinning full backs as he does winning free kicks hed be ace.

Massive improvement though today well done the lads

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]The vast majority of what I''ve seen of R Benno has been top drawer. OK, he made the odd gaffe at first, but I doubt if there''s a more improved player on City''s books than him. If he keeps this up he''s going to be one hell of a defender, and we''re going to have great trouble holding onto him.[/quote]

I don''t see why we''d have trouble holding on to him.

He''s not better than either of Bassong or Turner now and he''s unlikely to ever be significantly better than either of them in the future. If both of them are playing for us why would it be difficult for us to keep Bennett?

The lad has improved since he got here, did well again today but you''re not looking at someone who is going to play for a top 6 club or something like that.

Bennett is now living up to the reputation he had when Lambo bought him.

I wonder if Ayala will, if Vaughan will, or if Butterfield (PL target?) will?. Probably all three.

A good eye on young ''uns for the future that there Lambert ............. and I hope we get £1m for Jed Steer.

" The lad has improved since he got here, did well again today but you''re not looking at someone who is going to play for a top 6 club or something like that."

Well he could if we become a top 6 club ...

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]The vast majority of what I''ve seen of R Benno has been top drawer. OK, he made the odd gaffe at first, but I doubt if there''s a more improved player on City''s books than him. If he keeps this up he''s going to be one hell of a defender, and we''re going to have great trouble holding onto him.[/quote]
Russell Martin, Russ have done everything asked of him, from joining the club as a "Peterborough Utd reject" when we were in league one to playing both right back and centre back whenever needed in the Premiership. For me Martin has improved and adapted far more then Bennett.
Davo