Sign in to follow this  
Yellowhammer

V man united away

thank god someone has started a thread on our cup drawI would have no idea of who we were playing otherwise

Do we really want to be side-tracked by this competition?

Ideal tie as it will earn us plenty and a defeat would hardly damage our confidence or reputation.

We have nothing to lose IMO. PLUS, it will likely be on TV.

My fag packet calculations suggest that this fixture will go a long way towards financing the Elmander signing.

Tend to be with the Cat on this: as things stand the cups currently seem Moyes'' best chance of kicking off with a trophy-winning season, in which case it''ll be tough for us. 

However - very early days in the league, so we''ll see how the relative things stand when he selects his team at the end of next month.

I know this cup means little to the football industry (try telling that to Swansea fans), but with the heady heights of mid-table now looking like it would be a decent outcome this season, I would love a cup run. Nearly 30 years since we last won anything (not counting Div 1 and Lge 2 winner trophies here!).

Even if not much money is involved, a piece of silverware on the mantelpiece and a place in europe would be class! We''d be able to talk about it in 30 years time to the next generation, much like 1985. You don''t hear them going on about mid table premiership finishes or how we were relegated that year. Us winning that cup in 1985 will be a permanent star on our records, even if we went bust.

Interesting that SAF was upset that Moyes didn''t keep any of the United backroom staff. Even though it''s usual to take your own staff with you, he might well regret letting them all go. Maybe a bit of insecurity there?