Sign in to follow this  
Ivan Easter

Well done But?

Well done the lads and also Snoddy played extremely well chasing the ball RVW is in my opinion beginning to emerge as a waste of 8.5 Million pounds. Still think despite the win that Hooper should have started???

If we didn''t have a "winger" who, after he receives the ball, turns around three times then falls over looking for a foul so that he can drive the resulting free kick into the wall, MAYBE our new striker might actually have some appropriate service to work with...

[quote user="morty"]Why does there always have to be a "but"?[/quote]

Because they''re pantswetters, Morty.

Now, after a great performance and result, about which they cannot moan they''re fretting that Fer will be gone by January. I love ''em, great entertainment value.

EGGY a Gibraltar Canary wrote the following post at 29/09/2013 3:50 PM:

Well done the lads and also Snoddy played extremely well chasing the ball RVW is in my opinion beginning to emerge as a waste of 8.5 Million pounds. Still think despite the win that Hooper should have started???

---------- It''s a long way from Gibraltar to see a match live. Most of RvW''s good work is off camera as cameras usually only follow the ball. As for Snoddy playing well - What is his job? Chasing the ball? He is certainly not very good at chasing the ball in the opponent''s half as he has not got the pace to beat any defenders to get the ball and seems to always have to check back inside if balls are played to his feet before trying to get a cross in with his wrong foot. POTS Lee Croft worked hard and a lot of people voted for him! But like Snoddy, Croft did not provide enough quality crosses to be a quality player.

Surfer wrote the following post at 30/09/2013 2:11 AM:

If we didn''t have a "winger" who, after he receives the ball, turns around three times then falls over looking for a foul so that he can drive the resulting free kick into the wall, MAYBE our new striker might actually have some appropriate service to work with...

Fully agree.

''...emerge as a waste of 8.5 Million pounds''

I would suggest that 6 games in, with 4 of our new signings adjusting to a league they have never experienced before, none of us a qualified as to which of them are a waste of money or not.

They are not just adjusting to a new league but new countries, team mates and surroundings. This is not an excuse. This is a legitimate reason for allowing them a period of adjustment.

I remember people saying the same thing about Ashton after 6 games. Those same people cried when he left.

Too many short sighted and impatient fans are ruining this season for not just for others but for themselves too with their spoilt tantrums and ill judged opinions.

"Too many short sighted and impatient fans are ruining this season for not just for others but for themselves too with their spoilt tantrums and ill judged opinions."

Well said beardy boy

Great performance from the central midfield 3 but the quality of ball in final third remained poor - again we over focused on attacking down the right when pilks looked the most dangerous and creative final third play through the middle was again alarmingly absent. 

RvW worked the line against 2 solid defenders (Elmander failed to have much impact either) and played his part in a good team effort.   If Snodgrass can actually lower himself to pass to RvW when in an attacking area then we might see any striker have a chance.

[quote user="First Wizard"]Hooper must be regretting coming here, just saying.[/quote]

Well, he''s been out with injury and played 125 minutes on Tuesday so no one could sensibly have expected him to start on Saturday.  Tactically it was clearly the right choice to bring on Elmander on Saturday, he was a big part in keeping the ball in the left-hand corner of the Stoke end of the pitch for most of the game from about 80 minutes onwards.

Hooper has done enough to get his chance soon.  I expect we will see him on as a sub against Chelsea or Arsenal if we''re behind.

I hope he is not naive enough to expect that he could come to a Prem club at our level, with other strikers like RVW and Elmander, and waltz straight into a starting place.

Stop moaning Eggy!

I just do not understand people starting to have a dig at a player who''s just joined the club from a very, very different league to the Prem!

I think he''s class and he will repay the fee!

Hooper is still getting up to speed. People at the Watford game said he looked a bit rubbish until the 90th minute, so it just shows. RVW played well yesterday without scoring as opposed to the Villa game where he was wasteful in front of goal. Hopefully he''ll grab a goal soon and get the pressure off himself but yesterday was not a day to criticise him.

[quote user="AJ"]OP, remember Iwan''s first season, is all I can say.[/quote]And if it had been a good one he''d probably be in the top 3 all time scorers for the club! Time waits for no man. Sack the board, sell RVW, Hughton out! [:P]