Sign in to follow this  
Ketts Rebel

Poor Stoke

Just watched MOTD 2. All the pundits talked about was how poor Stoke were today.

"poor Stoke / unlike Stoke / that wasn''t Stokeish (?)  / Stoke this, Stoke that.

It seems if we do win, the opposition must have had a bad day.

Very true. Hopefully we have turned a corner now.

I was impressed with Hughtons post match interview / analysis though.

...hope todays confidence boost will help get an upset against Chelsea / Arsenal.

To be fair, they showed the difference from when they played ManCity (in their faces, giving no space) and us (gave us lots of space). It was odd, a big change, for whatever reason - but IMO you have to give us credit for perhaps playing in a different way to how they expected, I reckon CH caught them out.

Ah, now I understand, the anti-Hughton posters who claim that we only win when other teams are poor are also Match of the Day pundits.

Have you noticed how Norwich only win when they score more goals than the opposition? That''s pathetic. Not good enough. hughton out.

Yeah Stoke were very cr@p today. Have Stoke really been any good ever?

To me the performance today similar to the Southampton win at home.

Go 1-0 up and never looked liked conceding cause the other team couldn''t hit a barn door.

I think Stoke and ourselves are very similar, shown by our league position and performances so far this season. If we press and show determination (us v Stoke today or Stoke v Man C) then we give ourselves a chance. If we back off the opposition no matter how good or bad we as fans might think they are, then we will struggle. Man for man Stoke have a lot more premier league experience than us, but because we pressed them and defended well we came away with the points. Hughton is maybe realising that work rate and desire will get you a lot further, and if you combine that with the quality we''ve brought in over the summer, we can start to take the game to the opposition.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]To be fair, they showed the difference from when they played ManCity (in their faces, giving no space) and us (gave us lots of space). It was odd, a big change, for whatever reason - but IMO you have to give us credit for perhaps playing in a different way to how they expected, I reckon CH caught them out.[/quote]Obviously a big change because it was a must win game. Hughton knew his job was on the line and we need a Man City away type performance. This was the sort of performance I''ve wanted all season so let''s hope we don''t revert to dour defensive stuff again.  We can win every game if we try !!

[quote user="alartz"]Yeah Stoke were very cr@p today. Have Stoke really been any good ever?

To me the performance today similar to the Southampton win at home.

Go 1-0 up and never looked liked conceding cause the other team couldn''t hit a barn door.[/quote]That''s good news for us then, if there are two teams in the division who couldn''t hit a barn door. They will struggle all season. And we have yet to play two thirds of the teams in the PL; there may well be even more that couldn''t hit a barn door.I think we must be safe already(!)

Stoke may not have played as well as they can, but our tactics throughout the game played a major part in that...people just need to accept it. 

I,ve been to work this morning and all the Stoke fans have said how well they thought Norwich had played,said Norwich,s tactics were spot on and it was not down to Stoke playing badly It,s been a pleasure going work !!Some have also said what a good following we had considering a live TV game at 1.30 on a sunday Good times to be a Norwich fan living in Stoke !!

I think Peter Schmeical needs a slap for being so utterly dismissive of Norwich on MOTD2. He said Stoke probably wouldn''t try so hard against us because it''s an easy game. They tried against Man City because they''re a big club and raised their game. Not a very professional approach for them to take Pete? Kinknob.

To be fair to Schmeichel all he was saying, if in a roundabout way, was that players raise their games when playing the big sides/on the big occasions. We''ve surely all said similar often enough, indeed I am hoping/expecting us to do it on Sunday when we play Chelsea!

[quote user="Jonzey"]I think Peter Schmeical needs a slap for being so utterly dismissive of Norwich on MOTD2. He said Stoke probably wouldn''t try so hard against us because it''s an easy game. They tried against Man City because they''re a big club and raised their game. Not a very professional approach for them to take Pete? Kinknob.[/quote]We should by now be used to the majority of pundits giving us little or no credit.Just you watch on Sunday if we beat Chelsea. All the build-up will be about Chelsea, and if we win/draw all the analysis will be how ''off-colour'' Chelsea were.There are very few of these pundits left who don''t make me want to repeatedly punch myself in the face whilst they''re talking. I''m delighted I''ll be in my seat at Carrow Road on Sunday and that my ears will be nowhere near whichever uncharismatic numbnuts they''ve got in the studio.

Ketts Rebel wrote the following post at 2013-09-30 3:28 AM:

Just watched MOTD 2. All the pundits talked about was how poor Stoke were today.

"poor Stoke / unlike Stoke / that wasn''t Stokeish (?) / Stoke this, Stoke that.

It seems if we do win, the opposition must have had a bad day.

They did have a bad day, they were worse than usual, in fact absolute sh**e.

. Just got in from work , lads i met (90% mu or liverpool...this is ireland) said that City were excellent.Stoke were poor because we made them look poor, they improved when m hughes brought on the terrible twins, pennant and ireland. both gifted, both a liability.

But City rode out the 15-18m after ht, i''m normally v nervous at 1-0 but we never looked like losing. Stoke were also a bit surprised by the city players attitude even jonny howson got stuck in. Happy days